Is HTC Sense (3.5 or 4.0) going to ruin the ICS experience?

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Disregard the leaks and early builds as being our official ICS.
Any OEM is still quite a few months away from even having a beta ICS version. Just sit tight.

Your last sentence is false. Htc has a working and beta version of ICS sense right now. Hell, they may even have a version that's ready to go to the carrier. It will not be 'quite a few months'. I would bet money on htc revealing their new skin at MWC.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Dovahkiin

One Man Wolfpack
Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
Your last sentence is false. Htc has a working and beta version of ICS sense right now. Hell, they may even have a version that's ready to go to the carrier. It will not be 'quite a few months'. I would bet money on htc revealing their new skin at MWC.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Enlighten me on your insider knowledge. Where's your source? Do you have a link? Speculation doesn't cut it.

scrosler

ROM Developer
Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
Ok lets end the Sense vs AOSP debate....

Look at my latest creation!

Senseless2-Rez-ICS.png

Have your Ice Cream Sandwich and eat it to!

Thread is here: http://forums.androidcentral.com/re...srom-2-0-ics-edition-dreams-do-come-true.html

humpagardengnome

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
Haha, this is why I bought a nexus. Sense totally ruins the ICS experience

Guess we don't have to wait for MWC, the answer man has joined the party to share his inside info. Care to enlighten everyone since you've seen what HTC decided to do w/ ICS? Did they ruin ICS w/ Sense 3.5 or 4.0?:..........[crickets]........Thought so, friendly advice, don't call Miss Cleo or watch John Edwards for the answers to lifes mysteries.

P.S. I assure you HTC & Sense UI will not ruin my experience w/ ICS, or did you not get the memo, our development options are as wide open as your Nexus thanks to HTCDevs. I'm a bit Sense-less, can you re-enable your carrier bloat apps, I seem to have erased all mine. Good thing you just disabled yours and hid them.

Reactions: jroc

Wanda

May 6, 2010
Visit site
Did they ruin ICS w/ Sense 3.5 or 4.0?:..........[crickets]........Thought so, friendly advice, don't call Miss Cleo or watch John Edwards for the answers to lifes mysteries.

HA HA!!! Miss Cleo reference!! NICE!

I don't see why people feel like they have to either go one way or another and bash the one they didn't go with in the process.

I think it was Digital Underground who said, "Doowutchyalike!"

Digital Underground - Doowutchyalike - YouTube

burwil

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
Just in case anyone missed....

You can have Sense or ICS... RIGHT NOW!

Debate is over fellas!

Ahahahahahahahahahhahaha

It's just a matter of time before I crack this baby open. I'm gonna wait till the ICS update is done. I assume you all are gonna redo your roms after the official ICS update is published.

BTW, from someone who has used ICS (Xoom, Gnez failed experiment), don't underestimate Sense. I know many of you are sick of it but from someone coming over from the Moto world, I kinda enjoy it. I've put together a nice Nemus Launcher (my fav launcher ATM) setup but when I was finished I stuck with Sense.

humpagardengnome

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site

Click to view quoted image

Thread is here: http://forums.androidcentral.com/re...srom-2-0-ics-edition-dreams-do-come-true.html

If you weren't a man, I'd :-* you. I don't know how you do it but we're glad you do. Very love/hate at the moment. I loaned out my laptop thinking (<Note to myself, must break this habit) things wouldn't be taking shape this quick. Kinda glad it's very much in beta form, that helps ease the pain of having my hands tied for another couple of weeks. Keep this up and I'm gonna have to jot your name down on my ballot as a write in candidate for President, in Nov.:)

jdg1

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site

Click to view quoted image

Thanks @scrosler I don't even have a Rezound yet but I'm sending you a donation right now nonetheless (look for something form atlriddler). I think you just made up my mind for me on my next upgrade. Also you have me curious about the tweeks under the 3.5 hood you were talking about.
I hope you stay in the game at least up until I'm eligible for another upgrade.:)

tokuzumi

May 29, 2010
Visit site
Without reading the entire thread, I'm going to say yes and no.

Yes, in the fact that you can't really tell what version of the android OS is running. This is only an issue if you are a version junkie, and want people to immediately recognize you are running the latest and greatest from the Google camp. The icons in the notification bar, and fonts they are using are a little played out. It would be nice to see a change to more closely mirror the stock ICS notification icons.

No, in that HTC applications are actually pretty nice, and in a lot of ways, are nicer than their vanilla android counterpart. The browser, and messaging apps are two examples. ICS has definitely come a long way, in terms of the vanilla apps, but I really do like the "post-it" note feel of the sense 3.0 messaging app, and the book marks in the browser, plus open browser windows display is better with the HTC apps. Plus, their integration with facebook and twitter trumps anything stock android has to offer (not surprising, since google has launched a facebook competitor). Also, users of previous sense devices will have no problem getting acquainted with the new OS, since the front end and use of the device will be very similar to the previous OS (this could also be seen as a negative, as there won't really be any change).

buckifvr

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
I have been comparing Scroslers CleanROM 2.0 ICS (which has Sense) to SenselessROM 2.0 ICS. IMO I like Sense, it gives the UI more polish. The Senseless ROM is beta, so maybe thats why it seems less polished. I know a big complaint with Sense is that it takes up resources and bogs the phone down. That is not true on the Rezound. In fact when comparing AnTuTu Benchmark, the scores between CleanROM an SenselessROM is very close, but in the end CleanROM wins by a nose (avg 6500 to 6300)

condor637

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
Unless one is an expert in deciphering the code of installed rooted applications or OS's, how safe are we that personal information is not unsuspectedly being released. At Least with manufacturers OS we have a safety net of integrity covering us from these suspected malicious threats.

Has it ever occurred to anyone that the Bloat might actually be the meat of protection and that removing that code and installing applications from individuals you of me don't even know is even more hazardous.

Companies like HTC realize the ramifications if their code is broken and manipulated, Lawsuits will ensue and hundreds of millions of dollars in reparation is at stake, you don't think because of these factors HTC will not go beyond the norm to protect consumers and themselves IMO.

Last edited:

condor637

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
Are you by any chance wearing a tin foil hat right now, I know for sure your italic key works.

So we have a code expert here, Everyone WANDA will vouch for all rooted applications LOL, called open your mind to the what ifs, no paranoia just an after thought. Do we not have some sort of antivirus protection on our PC's, if malicious attacks are so frivolous than remove that protection.

Last edited:

humpagardengnome

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
So we have a code expert here, Everyone WANDA will vouch for all rooted applications LOL, called open your mind to the what ifs, no paranoia just an after thought. Do we not have some sort of antivirus protection on our PC's, if malicious attacks are so frivolous than remove that protection.

Calling all left wing, tin foil hat wearers, you'll be able to get some sleep tonight.

http://www.droid-life.com/2012/01/1...-government-level-protection-for-your-device/

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarcosVo