5 hour battery??

experiment 626

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Re: 5 hours???

I bit the bullet and picked-up the extended battery. The phone is bigger, a bit heavier; although, it's much more comfortable in-hand than my DInc was with the Seidio 3500 mAh.

HTCPedia still has it priced at $33 HERE.

So far now, my Rezound lasts all day with heavy-ish use. With moderate to light use, I could go a day and a half easily.

This is the way to go.The Extended Battery really allows you to enjoy this phone unencumbered through the day.And since the extended battery door is beveled with it's bottom slightly concave it doesn't look near as blocky as some other extended battery set-ups.

coltsbro84

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
My test, with standard battery.

Heavy use (performance) - 5 hours.
Heavy use (economy) - 6 hours
Average use (performance) - 8 hours
Average use (economy) -10 hours.
Light use (performance) - 10 hours.
Light use (economy) - 12 hours.

Extended battery

Heavy use - 8 (per) 10 (eco)
Average - 12 (per) 16 (eco)
Light use - 16 (per) 20+ (eco)

xxfallacyxx

Bearded
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
It's amazing just how much power the bloatware on these phones sucks up. I'm getting 15 hours use on an ICS ROM with the stock battery, and I'm constantly using the phone (text, email, Tiny Tower, music, bluetooth, youtube etc)

experiment 626

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
It's amazing just how much power the bloatware on these phones sucks up. I'm getting 15 hours use on an ICS ROM with the stock battery, and I'm constantly using the phone (text, email, Tiny Tower, music, bluetooth, youtube etc)

That's pretty impressive. Do you think it's the Sense overlay or VZW's bloat apps that are more responsible for the lower battery performance?

xxfallacyxx

Bearded
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
I believe (but am not 100% sure) that people running the CleanROM ICS are getting similar battery life to what I'm getting now. As well, when I was still on Gingerbread with Sense 3.5 I was getting ~13 hours out of a full battery, rooted and what bloat I found removed. I did uninstall Sense as well, and used GO Launcher EX.

I'll wager that it's mostly the bloat apps that are causing such battery drain.

Pics or it didn't happen right? Took this yesterday:

2012-01-24_15-17-33.png

Last edited: