Anyway to have volume buttons wake phone?

paulhsu

Jan 13, 2012
Visit site
I tried lockbotpro to get it to use the volume buttons on the side instead, but I am not having any luck. Am I just doing it wrong?

Wanda

May 6, 2010
Visit site
I guess my political correct term usage could use a few brush ups. :)

What's wrong with using your volume buttons to make your phone happy?

Are you rooted? If you root and flash Nils business ginersense the volume unlock is included in the ROM.

humpagardengnome

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
What's wrong with using your volume buttons to make your phone happy?

Are you rooted? If you root and flash Nils business ginersense the volume unlock is included in the ROM.

Got a quick link, if you get a sec? Name doesn't ring a bell, I'm not sure if I've crossed paths w/ it yet.

Wanda

May 6, 2010
Visit site
Got a quick link, if you get a sec? Name doesn't ring a bell, I'm not sure if I've crossed paths w/ it yet.

No prob. This is from his thread on XDA. He's an awesome dev. He had the smoothest (in my opinion) Sense 3.5 for the original Inc I had ever used. His Business ROMs strip out what most people call garbage (all the vz stuff, some of the social apps etc) and add in quite a few extras. In particular his theming is really slick though it can be a bit dark for some.

Looks like he's also put out a Business ICS ROM today...I haven't had a chance to try that one but I'm sure I'll take a run at it soon.

[ROM] Nils' Business GingerSense V1.5 (1/17/12) - xda-developers

Reactions: humpagardengnome

burwil

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
I think any app that prevents a lock screen will work. I use switchpro widget to bundle all my toggle widgets and the volume button will wake the phone.

Sent from my HTC Rezound.

burwil

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
Screen Off and Lock will also allow you to turn the screen off from the notification bar. Can be used with No Lock so the screen turns off but doesn't lock.

Sent from my HTC Rezound.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Agentirish