Text message include text I haven't written

debbiek55

Jan 25, 2012
Visit site
I've had a Verizon Rezound for 4 days and this just started today. It's happened twice.

I'll receive a text message from one of my contacts and it will include a text screen with a message that neither one of us has written. It appears to have come from my phone.

For example: contact text me about something at the grocery store (which is on a blue bubble) There's already a response written on my phone in a grey bubble: "He says there's no policy on it, so they keep it. His partner's been there for 4 years, he says it's standard practice" This was never written by me or by the original contact who sent me the text.

This happened earlier today but the content of the odd text was different.

Any thought?

Deb

99problemz

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
That is really odd... maybe you have a app or some apps downloaded with sms and mms permissions. Not sure if that would be the cause. Never hurts to look into it.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

MustangDan74

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Creepy. I would be looking around for plates flying across the room or doors opening on their own, lol. Sorry i cant help with your possessed phone.:-$

humpagardengnome

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
Hope you have the ghostbusters on speed dial? There's a ghost in the machine. I'd love to know the root cause b/c this just might be the oddest issue in this entire forum.

TBolt

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
I'd call Verizon. They see text traffic, I believe. Could be on their end.

Sent from my battery killer using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2fedes