Rezound OTA Update Incoming!

humpagardengnome

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
Hmmm not sure how that will work. Scott, if you read this, does this mean you will apply the fixes to each of your ROMS (using CleanROM 1.5.5) and we will have to reload them, or will you just create a patch to update them?

Or just take the update and create a new ROM with a new name/release number?

Don't hold me to it but snce it's not a large update. I assume he'll apply the fixes to a zip file, that you can download, then flash on your phone.

xxfallacyxx

Bearded
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
Hmmm not sure how that will work. Scott, if you read this, does this mean you will apply the fixes to each of your ROMS (using CleanROM 1.5.5) and we will have to reload them, or will you just create a patch to update them?

Or just take the update and create a new ROM with a new name/release number?

Patience is key. Scott seems to update his ROMs and is decent about timing. I'm sure once the correct stuff is available and he irons out any bugs the update may create in his ROM you'll see it.

Rhiannon10

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
I just download and now noticed in my running applications Verizon Location Agent. Never seen that before and not sure what that is?

bellken

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
new widget for settings, which is kind of like the power control widget, though, I think it is less useful for me.

Oops, I never realized, I could browse all of the HTC widgets before. The power control widget isn't new. I just never noticed it before.

Last edited:

MrNate

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
Update happened while I wasn't looking. I got full data signal when it started up, but now nothing. Not sure if it's an area outage or software issue. This area has been going between 1x, 3G, and 4G all day, and I've not gotten 4G here in the past.

howser87

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
Got the update, phone finally booted. Thought it was done, when I got a call (From VZW ironically). The call quality was CRAP. Constant static and garbled. I have never had a call with anything but perfect quality on my Rezound until now.

Now I try to unlock my screen and there is a Loading box which keeps going, been watching it 2 minutes now. Lock screen seems to work fine though, lets me open the 4 things I have set to it.

EDIT: Reboot fixed both issues, but took twice as long as usual.

Last edited:

jdg1

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Wow. My phone has gotten really hot since rebooting after the update and the battery is draining like crazy. My extended battery has dropped from 38% to 27% in like 10 minutes.
Boy I hope this isn't another Thunderbolt fiasco.:(

zodogg34

Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
Ugh. Doesn't list the time zone bug. I guess I'll have to move from Arizona to the Pacific time zone to resolve the bug.

...Sent from my Tab

I am in AZ as well...I got the update, switched to network time, and restarted the phone. So far, so good. It hasn't switched my time yet. We'll see.
Maybe they didn't list it in the update specs because it only affects one state.

Dovahkiin

One Man Wolfpack
Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
Damn red triangle with an exclamation point keeps showing when the phone reboots after downloading the firmware. Here goes try #2. I suspect this has to do with me obliterating all bloatware. Will update later.

Update: Green recycle arrows appeared. A third into the installing process, another red triangle. Hmm.

Update 2: Apparently, this OTA seems to break root. So beware to those that install the update.

Update 3: Son. Of. A. B*tch. I'm only getting 3G after just attempting to install the update. After browsing XDA, it seems I'm not the only one.

Update 4: Two reboots, and I have 4G again. Lesson Learned. No more OTA's for me.

Last edited: