Rezound OTA Update Incoming!

humpagardengnome

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
I never had any issues w/ the related fixes, so I'll skip. It's certainly not worth flashing the update for non existent issues, imo. Sucks others have had the problems, though. Hope it works w/out bugging something else.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
darn, i was hoping that they would fix the staticy noise in the music player. 3 of my Rezounds had the same problem.

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
I never had any issues w/ the related fixes, so I'll skip. It's certainly not worth flashing the update for non existent issues, imo. Sucks others have had the problems, though. Hope it works w/out bugging something else.

You cant really skip these. You can refrain from doing a manual install but they do eventually install anyway. We saw that with the bum MR2 on the thunderbolt (until it was finally pulled), people would keep delaying it and delaying it but eventually they would reboot the phone and it would automatically install or they would wake up and find it installed overnight.

humpagardengnome

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
You cant really skip these. You can refrain from doing a manual install but they do eventually install anyway. We saw that with the bum MR2 on the thunderbolt (until it was finally pulled), people would keep delaying it and delaying it but eventually they would reboot the phone and it would automatically install or they would wake up and find it installed overnight.

Sure, if your locked down w/ oem settings dictating things. I'm not running stock, so I have options available that can be utilized to impede the OTA from executing & auto-installing under my nose. If they dupe me & get it by me. I'll take my lumps if they can but I won't go down without a valiant effort.

Aegis

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
Sure, if your locked down w/ oem settings dictating things. I'm not running stock, so I have options available that can be utilized to impede the OTA from executing & auto-installing under my nose. If they dupe me & get it by me. I'll take my lumps if they can but I won't go down without a valiant effort.

I don't know how it works on other phones, but on my OG Droid, as soon as I went to another ROM, I never saw any OTA updates. I don't see why you would have to do anything special.

rootbrain

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
I don't know how it works on other phones, but on my OG Droid, as soon as I went to another ROM, I never saw any OTA updates. I don't see why you would have to do anything special.

I'm also unlocked and rooted with a non-stock ROM (CleanSense 1.5.5, thanks to Scott). How will these updates affect me? Do they just fix/replace things in the stock manner? Will I have to reload the non-stock ROM again?

New to Android so not sure how this will work. On Blackberry, leaked OS installs would be overwritten with the new OTA, whether it was done manually or automatically.

Certainly don't want that.

PaulQ

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
Ugh. Doesn't list the time zone bug. I guess I'll have to move from Arizona to the Pacific time zone to resolve the bug.

...Sent from my Tab

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
I'm also unlocked and rooted with a non-stock ROM (CleanSense 1.5.5, thanks to Scott). How will these updates affect me? Do they just fix/replace things in the stock manner? Will I have to reload the non-stock ROM again?

New to Android so not sure how this will work. On Blackberry, leaked OS installs would be overwritten with the new OTA, whether it was done manually or automatically.

Certainly don't want that.

You won't receive the updates. Usually the dev will incorporate it into their roms.

rootbrain

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
You won't receive the updates. Usually the dev will incorporate it into their roms.

Hmmm not sure how that will work. Scott, if you read this, does this mean you will apply the fixes to each of your ROMS (using CleanROM 1.5.5) and we will have to reload them, or will you just create a patch to update them?

Or just take the update and create a new ROM with a new name/release number?

humpagardengnome

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site

You don't have to do anything special, that hasn't changed (really, how could it) it works that way across the board. I meant "special options" as in, no longer strapped down in the surroundings, as they see fit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adelinachau53674