Copy and paste issues with Go SMS.

KillerQ

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Hey all,

I can't seem to be able to bring up the traditional, stock android "select/copy/paste" menu in GOSMS. It seems to have its on proprietary sub menu which leaves out the option to manually drag the cursors to select a certain portion of the text. This only occurs in the GO SMS text boxes....

Has anyone experienced this issue?

Thanks in advance,

Matt!

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
Hey all,

I can't seem to be able to bring up the traditional, stock android "select/copy/paste" menu in GOSMS. It seems to have its on proprietary sub menu which leaves out the option to manually drag the cursors to select a certain portion of the text. This only occurs in the GO SMS text boxes....

Has anyone experienced this issue?

Thanks in advance,

Matt!

I get that in landscape but never portrait. So I just know to copy/paste in portrait now.

phorts

Jan 30, 2012
Visit site
I have this problem w/ Handscent SMS. I get the pop out menu and select "cut" but the selection doesnt disappear or copy to clip board. Have to go to full editor and sometimes even that doesnt work.

KillerQ

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Yep - they both do it. The Stock messaging app and Chomp work properly. I am now using Chomp, and am happy.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I use handcent and I am having a problem as well. After chosing "select all" I am not given the option to copy or paste. It is kind of frustrating!:-\

GPilot650

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
Funny, I thought it was just user error on my part. I fixed myself :-\ by sending the txt and then copying it and pasting it into another person's... It's a half fix maybe.

Good to hear it isn't just me! Thanks guys!

Eleni 22

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
Didn't want to start a new thread but I have a question about Go SMS. If a person sends you a group text and you respond back is there a setting to turn off that responds to all in that message. I would like to only respond to the sender not all the people that message goes to. Would the only way to just open up a new thread?