Total Memory?

HollyDolly

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
Under Task Manager, the Total Memory for my Rezound is 817MB, with over 600MB of it used, even after I have "killed" all open apps.

What's causing this? And, how can I increase the memory?

skyjjc

May 2, 2011
Visit site
A lot of apps and operating system components will preload so they can be ready to run instantly thereby increasing performance.

Don't worry about it. The operating system will automattically manage memory and release inactive portions as required if the currently active programs require it.

humpagardengnome

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
Under Task Manager, the Total Memory for my Rezound is 817MB, with over 600MB of it used, even after I have "killed" all open apps.

What's causing this? And, how can I increase the memory?

Trust in the OS. It's got a built in memory manager, so you really have no need to micro manage your device. The OS will open and close apps, as needed, on it's own accord. Only real way to grab the reins of any oem device is to unlock and root. So unless that is on your horizon I wouldn't focus on your available ram b/c there's really no need to.

HollyDolly

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
Trust in the OS. It's got a built in memory manager, so you really have no need to micro manage your device. The OS will open and close apps, as needed, on it's own accord. Only real way to grab the reins of any oem device is to unlock and root. So unless that is on your horizon I wouldn't focus on your available ram b/c there's really no need to.
I will likely root to get rid of all the bloatware. But I'm waiting for ICS to come through first, so that I don't have to keep going back and forth.

I wonder when (if) HTC will release ICS...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy