Little findings after latest OTA Update

phorts

Jan 30, 2012
Visit site
I thought i'd start this thread so people could post any little findings they come across after the January OTA update. Cosmetic, Performance, Added apps, etc...let's find these little nuggets!

I just realized they added a button in the dialer to hide the keyboard (used to be on my DInc 2 w/ Sense 3).

Nice! This was a peeve of mine.

Looks like they added the Voice search button as well, although i can't recall if that was already there.

Anyone else find anything neat?

hickeyjones

Nov 7, 2010
Visit site
Nolock has been causing a few fits since the update. I turned it off and the bugs went away. It was causing the screen to flash to the home screen every once in a while when browsing.

I really love this phone. I tell people it's a boring phone, because I never have to mess with it. It just works!

Paradocks

Apr 17, 2011
Visit site
I just noticed a process called Verizon Location Services that is running on my Rezound. I don't remember seeing this before the update. Anyone know what this is?

Sent from my Rezound using Tapatalk

MarkSeven

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
I just noticed a process called Verizon Location Services that is running on my Rezound. I don't remember seeing this before the update. Anyone know what this is?

It's in the Market and according to the reviews (apparently the RAZR has it too) it's a battery killer :-\

Just what we needed, huh? Smh...

ShadowCatcher

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
A battery killer...

Or, per Verizon propoganda: Verizon | About Verizon - Privacy Policy

Verizon Wireless collects and uses mobile device location data for a variety of purposes, including to provide our mobile voice and data services, emergency services, and our and third-party location-based applications and services such as navigation, weather, mapping and child safety applications or tools. Where we offer our own location-based applications, we provide you with notice and choice about whether specific location-tracking features available on your phone are turned on.

Many types of wireless applications and services use mobile device location data, including applications provided by other companies and wireless device operating systems. When you are considering new applications or services, you should carefully review the location-based services' or application providers' privacy policies to learn how they collect and use your information.

Verizon Wireless may use mobile usage information and consumer information for certain business and marketing reports. Mobile usage information includes the addresses of websites you visit when you use our wireless services. These data strings (or URLs) may include search terms you have used. Mobile usage information also includes the location of your device and your use of applications and features. Consumer information includes information about your use of Verizon products and services (such as data and calling features, device type, and amount of use) as well as demographic and interest categories provided to us by other companies (such as gender, age range, sports fan, frequent diner, or pet owner). We may combine this information in a manner that does not personally identify you and use it to prepare aggregated business and marketing reports that we may use ourselves or share with others for their use. We may also share location information with other companies in a way that does not personally identify you so that they may produce business and marketing reports. You have a choice about whether your information is included in these reports.

Verizon Wireless does not publish directories of our customers' wireless phone numbers, and we do not provide or make them available to third parties for listing in directories unless you request that we do so.

Paradocks

Apr 17, 2011
Visit site
So I can force stop it? Or will it just reload itself again? Not liking this crap.

kim..

Jan 2, 2012
Visit site
What seems to work is go to the Market and download the update to 'Verizon Location Agent' https://market.android.com/details?id=com.telecomsys.android.SCG After the download, it will tell you it is not compatible with the Rezound (so it will disable the app). Most people go into settings/applications and disable/force close anyway. Crummy workaround for a crummy app...

Don't forget to rate the app as a 1Star!

If I force close it through settings it will just reopen itself right? I wish that was a permanent fix!

pank

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site

majorhunadadun

May 28, 2010
Visit site

Yeah I unlocked and rooted and got rid of that in that order! The battery life is not as good since the update I must say....

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
You know we can sit here and gripe to one another about stuff like this all day but at the end of the day VZW will never know anything about it. I went and sent them an email about how unhappy I am with this issue. I would strong encourage you all to do the same. It's not like they will allow any of us to uninstall this, or any of the other crap they are pushing but if we don't let them know how we feel we are destined to be victims as long as we stay with them.

Set Your Location

corty34m

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Since my update I have noticed that my battery drains ultra fast, the sound when you hit the number keys to dial is real soft, the speaker is garbled and soft volume and ear piece has soft volume. In my experience everything is worse since the update..anyone else having these issues? or could it be defective since my first rezound died on me and verizon sent me a refurbished replacement.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12