If I could go from the Bionic to the Rezound at no cost

ac295

Aug 27, 2011
Visit site
Other than the Bionic is garbage and the Rezound is awesome....

Based on the new video we saw of the Ville I would upgrade as soon as possible. If that's not out anytime soon and at BEST will have the same hardware specs the Rezound has then you will be holding the top of the line hardware until my guess next fall or holiday season. I don't see quad core or phones with 2g of RAM coming out much earlier than that.

Upgrading now will leave you close to a year before you are looking to buy the next best thing, leaving another upgrade just around the corner. And you can do this now at no cost. To me it is a no brainer.

Seeing as the Rezound has root and will have ICS you will have the most up to date software that is out as well, mentioning root to say if you don't like sense then take it off, problem solved.

Logically it is the way to go.

Emotionally, if you like the "form" of another phone or manufacturer then upgrade and get that one. Either way, smart thing would be upgrade now.

Just my opinion.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
The Rezound runs well, I know people who have the Bionic, and personally, i didn't like it.The screen on the Rezound is sharper with an HD screen. The Bionic is more vibrant but oversaturated and is qHD.

Sense is a nice interface although a little heavy, but some don't like it.

In terms of connectivity, when i was next to someone with a Bionic, I think my Rezound held 4G connectivity better than the Bionic in a marginal 4G area.

bottom line is try it out yourself, what's good to some people might not be good for others.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Other than the Bionic is garbage and the Rezound is awesome....

Based on the new video we saw of the Ville I would upgrade as soon as possible. If that's not out anytime soon and at BEST will have the same hardware specs the Rezound has then you will be holding the top of the line hardware until my guess next fall or holiday season. I don't see quad core or phones with 2g of RAM coming out much earlier than that.

Upgrading now will leave you close to a year before you are looking to buy the next best thing, leaving another upgrade just around the corner. And you can do this now at no cost. To me it is a no brainer.

Seeing as the Rezound has root and will have ICS you will have the most up to date software that is out as well, mentioning root to say if you don't like sense then take it off, problem solved.

Logically it is the way to go.

Emotionally, if you like the "form" of another phone or manufacturer then upgrade and get that one. Either way, smart thing would be upgrade now.

Just my opinion.

Well, upgrade now, and you are tied into a 2 year contract on that line. it's possible verizon is offering the op the rezound as a replacement phone.

ac295

Aug 27, 2011
Visit site
Yes, but upgrades come earlier than two years. I got mine at around 18 months and was told I could buy down the upgrade to earlier if I really wanted to (was told, not sure if they were saying that to get me in the store lol).

Either way, the longer he waits the longer he will wait for another upgrade. I would not want to be locked down too much longer than end of this year when the new line of amazing phones start rolling in. I wish I had upgraded when the Rezound launched instead of holding off to scope out the Nexus. Hindsight always 20/20.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Yes, but upgrades come earlier than two years. I got mine at around 18 months and was told I could buy down the upgrade to earlier if I really wanted to (was told, not sure if they were saying that to get me in the store lol).

Either way, the longer he waits the longer he will wait for another upgrade. I would not want to be locked down too much longer than end of this year when the new line of amazing phones start rolling in. I wish I had upgraded when the Rezound launched instead of holding off to scope out the Nexus. Hindsight always 20/20.

Officially, Verizon allows upgrade at 20 months into a 2 year contract. You may be able to upgrade earlier, but it is not guaranteed. I have heard of people being denied an upgrade just weeks early.

john5111

Jan 15, 2012
Visit site
I traded my 3rd Bionic in to the Rezound. Best move i made. The Rezound holds 4g . I would go for the Rezound you will be happy with a phone that works.

nneptune

May 22, 2010
Visit site
I hate the Bionic so much, that I just added a line and bought the Rezound. Worth the extra $ per month to rid myself of that awful phone and I'm LOVING the Rezound! Such a better phone! The Bionic is truly garbage... unless you enjoy constant data drops, power cycling out of nowhere, disappearing apps, notification sounds changing on their own, and the list goes on.
Bionic=Trash
Rezound= GREAT phone!

jphillips1963

Banned
Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
You folks talk of upgrading every two yrs. Some how I'm not on that upgrade plan as I've updated phones now for the past 3-4 yrs on a yearly basis with no penalties or added charges.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
You folks talk of upgrading every two yrs. Some how I'm not on that upgrade plan as I've updated phones now for the past 3-4 yrs on a yearly basis with no penalties or added charges.

Before verizon had one year contracts,but that ended in april 11. Now,the only way to get your phone upgraded before 20 months is to ask them, and they aren't contractually required to do so.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol