I Screwed Up!

BigCTM

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
After owing the Rezound for a couple of weeks when it first came out, all the hype over the Nexus got the better of me and I returned the Rezound and got the Nexus. Big mistake!

ICS did nothing for me honestly (folders is my favorite feature). The build quality of the Nexus was average at best. The reception was not as good as the Rezound. I got a new Rezound yesterday and am not looking back. The Rezound just works while the Nexus seems like a work in progress.

HollyDolly

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
After owing the Rezound for a couple of weeks when it first came out, all the hype over the Nexus got the better of me and I returned the Rezound and got the Nexus. Big mistake!

ICS did nothing for me honestly (folders is my favorite feature). The build quality of the Nexus was average at best. The reception was not as good as the Rezound. I got a new Rezound yesterday and am not looking back. The Rezound just works while the Nexus seems like a work in progress.
+1. Same experience. Also like the folders feature on ICS, though.

o4liberty

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
I have always found Samsung devices to have a subpar build and getting updates always took too long. As soon as you buy a new phone today another better model will be released the very next day. At least with the rezound it has all the latest hardware and its getting ICS and that's all I need.

Sent from my HTC Rezound using Tapatalk

ratchetjaw#AC

Oct 27, 2009
Visit site
Hate to admit it ( was nuts waiting on the Nexus) but me too. My Nexus is in the box and loving the Rezound. Call quality is better, no missing text or mms , and no reboots to date ( these were happening daily with my Nexus)

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk

Reactions: Mr. Orange 645

Umass021

Feb 16, 2010
Visit site
I got the nexus first also and then returned it for the rezound. I really liked the nexus but the phone was just a little to big plus I was having a problem with the mic and sound not working correctly which made me always have to use a bluetooth headset. After researching this problem I found out it was happening to a lot of people and even after they returned there device for another one it was still happening. I am happy I made the switch to the rezound. The nexus was a great phone but I think they may have rushed out ics a little to quick.

icebike

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site

Wow, how many times will they let you swap devices before lowering the bong-hammer on you? :p

Its great there are people post this kind of experience. Saves the rest of us a lot of mistakes.

Cowql8er

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
@bob, you're not the only lucky one, we're just not as vocal about it. I've had mine since Dec 15th with Google Wallet installed 1st day. I've never gotten less than 20 hours on regular battery after the first 3 days of use and have not had one single signal issue. True, the phone has automatically rebooted on me......once. My only problem is the Androidcentral app force closing on it the first time that I open it on a regular basis. I've never had it force close after restarting, though.

jphanes24

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site
Lovin' my Nexus. No issues other than one reboot (big deal). After owning the thunderbolt, screw htc. The rezound reminded me of the thunderbolt when i picked that brick up..... still have nightmares :confused:

impulse101

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Nexus is much better phone so dont kick yourself and enjoy the 10x better screen with its inredible ink blacks and most vivid colors on any phone ever, period. Dont delude yourself in pretending the nexus screen isnt 10x nicer looking. Not to mention sense is disgusting and the modding community for nexus is in a different league. Fast ota updates, no sense bloat and verizon bloat, way better choice of custom roms. In fact nexus blows awat the rezound on every front except the camera hardware. Saying ICS doesn't do anything for you is funny considering you have GB plus sense which is a joke. Also I used to get 4 hours of battery on my rezound, now I get about 20 hours on my gnex. I am so happy I returned my thunderbolt 2....I mean my rezound and got this beautiful masterpiece called the galaxy nexus!

Last edited:

ratchetjaw#AC

Oct 27, 2009
Visit site
Nexus is much better phone so dont kick yourself and enjoy the 10x better screen with its inredible ink blacks and most vivid colors on any phone ever, period. Dont delude yourself in pretending the nexus screen isnt 10x nicer looking. Not to mention sense is disgusting and the modding community for nexus is in a different league. Fast ota updates, no sense bloat and verizon bloat, way better choice of custom roms. In fact nexus blows awat the rezound on every front except the camera hardware. Saying ICS doesn't do anything for you is funny considering you have GB plus sense which is a joke. Also I used to get 4 hours of battery on my rezound, now I get about 20 hours on my gnex. I am so happy I returned my thunderbolt 2....I mean my rezound and got this beautiful masterpiece called the galaxy nexus!

All that is totally our opinion LOL. I have both right here in front of me and the Nexus doesn't blow it away at all. Both run fluid. Camera on the Rezound is better. Signal strength is better in everyway for me, along with data connection.

I think the Nexus will get there with a few updates. As far as rooting the Nexus doesnt seem as easy as some had said before I purchased it. Haven't sat down and tried though. First Two Android phones I have ever had and haven't rooted lol
Oh and voice and data on 3g and 4g on the Htc phones is fantastic. Really missed that gsm feature. All companies should utilise that like HTC on cdma networks until 4g is more wide spread

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk

burwil

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site

168584-slow_clap.jpg

:D

NordicNinja

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
Loving the GNex. Such a slick phone. Every day that goes by I seem to like it more and more. I had a few minor issues at first, but it all seems to be working pretty smoothly now and I haven't even had an OS update yet. That being said, I've got to say that I'm getting a bit tired of all of the complaining and comparisons, which is better, switching back and forth. Geeeezus... People sure are getting worked up about a damn phone. I admit, I got caught up in the hype and frenzy of the GNex relase, but I'm over it now and happy with what I've got. I just can't believe how long other people can go on and on about it.