SMS back up?

bloodycape77

Dec 2, 2009
Visit site
Yes this has kind of been beaten to death, but its a bit different in my case. My previous android device was running the stock/aosp sms/mms app, but now with the Sense(on the custom ICS rom I am on) I am having issue with the back of the sms/mms files I did with Titanium backup. It is cause me to boot-loop, which isn't solved by taking the back cover offer and requires me to rest the whole OS in the bootloader. Is there any SMS/MMS app that will allow me to do back up on any standard(i.e. Sense, AOSP, Blur) sms/mms software to another stock sms/mms software? I tried twice with Titanium but it doesn't seem to work. Thank you.

bloodycape77

Dec 2, 2009
Visit site
says link not found :{ I did a search and oddly enough I found two apps with that name by different developers, and another app called SMS Backup and Restore.

Last edited:

Jimbo57

Sep 10, 2010
Visit site
I've been using Txtract MMS & SMS Backup by Brilaps, LLC for over a year. I was rooted when I had the Droid2 and it worked fine on that phone. I am not rooted on the Rezound yet. You can save backups to your SDcard and/or email them also. It will backup your MMS images. The only drawback is that there are very few options to control what gets backed up. It would be nice to set options to backup MMS images only for certain users, etc. Good program though.

ShadowCatcher

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
says link not found :{ I did a search and oddly enough I found two apps with that name by different developers, and another app called SMS Backup and Restore.

Sorry about the link - not sure how I screwed it up, but copy & paste didn't want to work...

Anyway, it is the one by Ritesh Sahu. My market link says the title is SMS Backup & Restore but it could use 'and' instead of the '&'

This thing works well for me - I've backed up and transfered messages between phones & tabs without a single glitch. He also has some other apps such as an APN settings backup & a call log backup. Never used any of these though so I can't vouch for them...

bloodycape77

Dec 2, 2009
Visit site
Thank it work, although a bit weirdly for one of my contacts as they have two numbers and it got merged(could be an HTC software thing). The text are not first despite being the last person to text me, but at where they would be with their other line. Odd, but it worked well.

E_man

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
It might be inefficient, but I use GO SMS for it. I used to use the app as a text replacement, but in ICS, I actually really like the stock app, so I use that. However, I leave the nightly backups on in GO SMS. That way, I can flash without losing anything without thinking about it. No root needed.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams