I just came across this article (from today), and though it doesn't mention Rezound specifically, I thought it very well MIGHT be leaking those passwords, too...we just don't know about it - yet.

So far, HTC only confirms this password leak for the following phones: HTC Thunderbolt, EVO 3D, Desire, Sensation, & Incredible

Just a heads up.
    02-02-2012 02:04 PM
    I just came across this article (from today), and though it doesn't mention Rezound specifically, I thought it very well MIGHT be leaking those passwords, too...we just don't know about it - yet.

So far, HTC only confirms this password leak for the following phones: HTC Thunderbolt, EVO 3D, Desire, Sensation, & Incredible

Just a heads up.
    Timing doesn't add up. It was discovered before the Rezound went into production, so we aren't affected by that permission exploit. We got lucky, they'd already corrected the oversight before the releaae in Nov.
    02-03-2012 02:31 AM
    Here on Verizon, we'd only be affected by the Incredible. The fact that it apparently only happens on Froyo is ok in my book, since that phone already has Gingerbread.
    02-03-2012 06:40 AM
    Here on Verizon, we'd only be affected by the Incredible. The fact that it apparently only happens on Froyo is ok in my book, since that phone already has Gingerbread.
    That's worth a chuckle, I was unaware it was a Froyo exploit b/c it popped after the GB upgrade on the affected devices.
    02-03-2012 07:31 AM
    Ok, I'm confused -- so we do or do NOT have to be worried about this? If the answer is "worry" what are the recommended steps to take to protect ourselves?
    02-03-2012 07:57 AM
    Ok, I'm confused -- so we do or do NOT have to be worried about this? If the answer is "worry" what are the recommended steps to take to protect ourselves?
    No worries, it was NOT applicable to the Rezound.
    02-03-2012 08:50 AM
    1.) Purchase gun
    2.) Threaten local Verizon employees
    3.) Barricade home
    4.) ???
    5.) Profit!
    02-03-2012 08:55 AM
    1.) Purchase gun
    2.) Threaten local Verizon employees
    3.) Barricade home
    4.) ???
    5.) Profit!
    02-03-2012 09:34 AM
    No worries, it was NOT applicable to the Rezound.
    thanks

Sent from my Rezound via TapaTalk
    02-04-2012 02:41 PM