Anyone else having bluetooth issues since OTA?

hickeyjones

Nov 7, 2010
Visit site
Don't know if Verizon foofed up my bluetooth junk or if it's just time to cough up cash for a new unit.

Symptoms are: Plantronics is on, paired, will answer incoming calls and even redial last number, but voice capability is not there. I still have to pick up the phone to hear/speak to the caller.

I deleted the pairing and re paired. No joy.

humpagardengnome

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
Don't know if Verizon foofed up my bluetooth junk or if it's just time to cough up cash for a new unit.

Symptoms are: Plantronics is on, paired, will answer incoming calls and even redial last number, but voice capability is not there. I still have to pick up the phone to hear/speak to the caller.

I deleted the pairing and re paired. No joy.

<crickets>.:..........pony up for a new BT, I guess.

humpagardengnome

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site

How old is your Plantronics BT? If it was working fine before the OTA? In case it's the unit. You could always buy the same BT and then throw the old one in the package and return it a few days later. If it it works, cool, if not, oh well. That way you'd know it was/ was not the BT unit, which narrows the culprit list for the actual cause. If your feeling sneaky, that's an option.

xxfallacyxx

Bearded
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
I'd be sure that the phone settings are set to accept the voice through bluetooth.

Make a call to your voicemail using the BT headset. While on the call screen, minimize the dial pad and you'll see two buttons. The one on the right is the voice input selection button. Use that to see if it's set properly.

Hope that helps.

hickeyjones

Nov 7, 2010
Visit site
I'd be sure that the phone settings are set to accept the voice through bluetooth.

Make a call to your voicemail using the BT headset. While on the call screen, minimize the dial pad and you'll see two buttons. The one on the right is the voice input selection button. Use that to see if it's set properly.

Hope that helps.

Tried that. No joy. The bluetooth is just over a year old.

As far as buying a new one and returning the old unit in the new packaging, that's fraud. Who the crap even suggests such an idea?

humpagardengnome

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
Tried that. No joy. The bluetooth is just over a year old.

As far as buying a new one and returning the old unit in the new packaging, that's fraud. Who the crap even suggests such an idea?

Sorry, for that one George Wahington. You bring the nails, I'll bring the cross. Yes, it's a deceitful suggeation. I didn't condone that suggestion, I suggested it b/c you posted the word crap in a followup. Didn't seem like you wanted to fork out more $$$. Hell, I don't even know if it could be done, and gotten away with. Personally, I wouldn't blame someone if they did try something like that, though. Verizon is constantly screwing their dinner tickets over. Pay $300 for a phone up front, filled w/ unwanted crap they get paid to put on the phone (you getting any royalty checks from the deal). By the end of the contract, you actually end up paying 10x that amount for it in the end. Maybe that makes me a jackarse but I can live with that.

xxfallacyxx

Bearded
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
All this bragging about having working bluetooth on my ICS setup, I get into my car this morning and nothing lol. Deleted the pairing and redid it, nothing. Bugger.

Well I'll be switching to CleanROM ICS now :p

humpagardengnome

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
All this bragging about having working bluetooth on my ICS setup, I get into my car this morning and nothing lol. Deleted the pairing and redid it, nothing. Bugger.

Well I'll be switching to CleanROM ICS now :p

That folks, is how you turn a frown upside down. Enjoy your newfound happiness.

xxfallacyxx

Bearded
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
Haha don't get me wrong I like the Senseless ICS I'm on now, but Scrosler is putting his efforts into CleanROM (IIRC S-ICS is based off a HTC leak, Scrosler just made it functional)

jphillips1963

Banned
Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
I'm to having BT issues it disconnects and reconnects all the time now since the OTA update. Not only that but I can't even get my computer and phone to sync with one another. Called Verizon and they sent out a new phone and before I could get it setup it did the OTA update to the new phone as well.

James

humpagardengnome

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
Haha don't get me wrong I like the Senseless ICS I'm on now, but Scrosler is putting his efforts into CleanROM (IIRC S-ICS is based off a HTC leak, Scrosler just made it functional)

He should hold seminars for Duarte and crew to show em how it's done or, at least, be banking royalties off their salaries for making their OS look good. Which is something they seem to have trouble with, occasionally.

hickeyjones

Nov 7, 2010
Visit site
Sorry, for that one George Wahington. You bring the nails, I'll bring the cross. Yes, it's a deceitful suggeation. I didn't condone that suggestion, I suggested it b/c you posted the word crap in a followup. Didn't seem like you wanted to fork out more $$$. Hell, I don't even know if it could be done, and gotten away with. Personally, I wouldn't blame someone if they did try something like that, though. Verizon is constantly screwing their dinner tickets over. Pay $300 for a phone up front, filled w/ unwanted crap they get paid to put on the phone (you getting any royalty checks from the deal). By the end of the contract, you actually end up paying 10x that amount for it in the end. Maybe that makes me a jackarse but I can live with that.

You are a class act for sure.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay