I had verizon send me a new rezound because my computer quit seeing the original even after a factory rest still no go so I get the second rezound in and set it up and still I can not get the computer to recognize the rezound. This goes for my desktop and laptop so I can't see how it would be a computer related issue. Is there something I am not doing correctly? I have the phone in charge only and set to USB debug mode so I'm at a loss here. The thing is I was able to run clean tool on my first rezound and was trying to unlock it thru HTC dev but gave up as I didn't know what I was doing. The drivers are installed on the computer as well. So any help you guys may offer sure woud be appreciated.

James
    02-07-2012 08:21 AM
    Well.. charge only will only charge the phone. You need to set it as a disc drive and have USB debugging turned on in the phones settings. Also make sure you're using the USB cable that came with the phone. Certain USB cables will not recognize the phone as a storage device.. they will only charge. You can also try rebooting your computer to get it to recognize the phone.
    02-07-2012 09:00 AM
    Do you have HTC Sync running on the computer? I've heard that can get in the way when doing ROM stuff.
    02-07-2012 09:21 AM
    Well.. charge only will only charge the phone. You need to set it as a disc drive and have USB debugging turned on in the phones settings. Also make sure you're using the USB cable that came with the phone. Certain USB cables will not recognize the phone as a storage device.. they will only charge. You can also try rebooting your computer to get it to recognize the phone.

I've had phone in I suppose every mode possible and just got out the original usb cable from the packaging and rebooted computer again and still no go on this desktop or the lap top. Also htc sync isn't own when I tried to reinstall clean tool. I guess I will just take it to verizon and let them fix then darn thing. I'm at a big loss here.
    02-07-2012 11:59 AM
    If you're using a PC, can you try a Mac?
    02-07-2012 12:29 PM
    I've had phone in I suppose every mode possible and just got out the original usb cable from the packaging and rebooted computer again and still no go on this desktop or the lap top. Also htc sync isn't own when I tried to reinstall clean tool. I guess I will just take it to verizon and let them fix then darn thing. I'm at a big loss here.
    my guess, is that you are not hitting the done button after you make your mode selection, but, both of your computers should detect something, when the usb is connected, unless, you have your usb ports disabled.
    02-07-2012 12:37 PM
    When I had the GNex for a few days, I notice that the computer would not connect to the device if the phone was locked. Do you have a pin or password on your phone? Does this happen when your phone is "unlocked"?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
    02-07-2012 01:14 PM
    After posting my response I gave it one more try and the phone connected to the computer so who knows what was wrong is a guess to me but end results the computer now sees the phone.

Thank you all for the suggestions

Sent from my HTC Rezound using Tapatalk
    02-07-2012 01:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD