Decision Made

burwil

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
Since he proclaims 'decision made' provocatively in the original post in this thread there really is no discussion. And this is a discussion board. So for the word 'troll' to be directed toward him is somewhat understandable given the content of the OP and absence of any issue, problem, or question that is posed for discussion. Seriously dude, you should probably get some thicker skin if you are just interested in hashing over your own biases and adding nothing but red meat to be chomped at.

rootbrain

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
Sorry, did I say 6 years old? I meant 4 years old. Sorry if I offended you.

I was on this forum for a while, as I was set on getting the Rezound (though a troll like yourself probably didn't notice my other posts in other threads). But, after a while, I decided to go with the MAXX, and this thread was to state my reasons why I was getting the MAXX over the Rezound (which is relative to the Rezound, as it may help others make a decision). Your thread on the MAXX forum is because you think you're the forum comedian, and is not relative to the MAXX at all (aside from you adding in 'Moto Sux' at the end, which I think we can all agree, is as mature/adult as it gets).

But you'll get your wish. I'll leave this forum and not return. Because that's how message boards should be. Telling people that if they don't add to the part of the discussion you agree with to go away. So, feel free to get the final word here (I'm sure you will). As long as it makes you feel any better about your phone decision, go right ahead.

Peace all! Enjoy your Rezounds!

OK here's my last word, LMAO.

And I've always felt very good about my Rezound decision. That's why I don't (or didn't, LOL) feel the need to post of the MAXX forum (until today, LOL again).

Enjoy your phone. It's the Droid you were looking for.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Screen - Yes, the Rezound is better. But, honestly, is there a true NEED for 720p HD on a smartphone? On TVs (and I'll even say on Tablets and computers), yes, SD to HD is a definite benefit for all. But, with such a small screen, there is really no TRUE need, for me, to have the HD screen (I watch minimal TV/movies on my phone, typically just on trips/vacations). Just because it can be done doesn't mean it has to be done. I do have minimal burn-in concerns on the MAXX, but from what I've read, its more of a temporary ghosting than actual burn-in. I know of ways to fix that. And, Gorilla Glass...nothing wrong there.

So are you saying that 720p HD is good for a tablet? I have a 10" tablet with 1024x768, not exactly 720p, but not too far off, and I can tell you that personally, I can see an advantage to going to a higher resolution on a tablet, since the screen on my Rezound is way sharper than my tablet. Granted, I only paid $120 for my tablet, so I'm not really complaining about it, considering the price I paid, but if I were to pay over $800 for a tablet as a current premium tablet is priced at, then I probably would complain more about the resolution. There are rumors that upcoming tablet will be qxga, which is substantially higher than 1080p full hd, but of course, that is just rumors. qxga, btw, is more than 3 times the resolution of 720p hd.

Last edited:

jroc

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
I have a RAZR and Rezound so when I get a hold of my RAZR again I will try to look at Netflix or something on both phones to see which I prefer.

Already when I was looking at Netflix outside...I put down my Rezound and picked up my RAZR, so the RAZR's screen does has some good points. I can already tell you I prefer the colors and blacks on my RAZR. Will see how much of a difference that ppi makes for video viewing to me.

So after a few posts on the previous pages about screen specs and tech...I said a few months ago I was gonna come back with my opinion. I finally have both phones up n running side by side. Long story short, Rezound 1 got stolen; was on the verge of exchanging it and/or the sim card. Have Rezound #2 and new sim card.

I like Netflix better on my RAZR. Looked at The Ghost of Mars on both phones. The Rezound....it seems like the contrast or brightness is off key. The blacks look better on my RAZR...and I just like the colors better on my RAZR. The sharpness of the Rezound made zero difference on Netflix. I'm on wifi. Just looked at The Lincoln Lawyer for a more up to date movie....still prefer it on my RAZR.

No matter what the specs say, what .....you...like will determine if you like it or not...not the specs.

Another thing I noticed about the Rezound screen....its like an actual mirror. Thats probably one reason why its so hard to use outdoors.

humpagardengnome

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
So after a few posts on the previous pages about screen specs and tech...I said a few months ago I was gonna come back with my opinion. I finally have both phones up n running side by side. Long story short, Rezound 1 got stolen; was on the verge of exchanging it and/or the sim card. Have Rezound #2 and new sim card.

I like Netflix better on my RAZR. Looked at The Ghost of Mars on both phones. The Rezound....it seems like the contrast or brightness is off key. The blacks look better on my RAZR...and I just like the colors better on my RAZR. The sharpness of the Rezound made zero difference on Netflix. I'm on wifi. Just looked at The Lincoln Lawyer for a more up to date movie....still prefer it on my RAZR.

No matter what the specs say, what .....you...like will determine if you like it or not...not the specs.

Another thing I noticed about the Rezound screen....its like an actual mirror. Thats probably one reason why its so hard to use outdoors.

Are you running ICS or GB on your Rezound? Is it stock or rooted?

piaband

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
op,

It's funny how you listed all these that are better on the resound, but you didn't name any features that are better on the max.

And how do you compare the max screen to no hd. You can actually see the individual pixels on the max. I could never stand that screen.

Rezound, rooted, loving it.

jroc

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
Are you running ICS or GB on your Rezound? Is it stock or rooted?

GB and absolutely stock. I have never rooted either of my Rezounds. I posted this cuz I said I was gonna come back with my opinion. Its all a matter of preference. My Rezound is brighter and has better whites than my RAZR. But that doesnt really matter to me. I know some ppl might prefer the better whites and better brightness.

MA2GA28

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
op,

It's funny how you listed all these that are better on the resound, but you didn't name any features that are better on the max.

And how do you compare the max screen to no hd. You can actually see the individual pixels on the max. I could never stand that screen.

If you read the post, I said I would address the perks of the Rezound and why they didn't affect my decision, not compare best features of both. But, since you asked, features on the Maxx that beat Rezound:

- Battery Life
- No Sense weighing things down
- Pocketability. Rezound's bulkiness is a turnoff.
- Battery life (worth mentioning again).
- Better Colors and Contrast
- Easy to see screen in full sunlight
- Based on forums, appears to be more issues with the Rezound (x2 if you consider how poorly it has sold vs. the Maxx).
- MicroHDMI
- Moto car dock FTW

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 2

rootbrain

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
If you read the post, I said I would address the perks of the Rezound and why they didn't affect my decision, not compare best features of both. But, since you asked, features on the Maxx that beat Rezound:

- Battery Life
- Based on forums, appears to be more issues with the Rezound (x2 if you consider how poorly it has sold vs. the Maxx).
- MicroHDMI
- Moto car dock FTW

Rezound bulkiness? I have extended battery and a case and the thing still fits in shirt, coat or pants pocket. No it won't fit in the tiny side pocket of my painters pants, so?

The RAZR and RAZR MAXX both felt "flimsy" meaning if I put them in a pants pocket I felt that if I sat down and forgot the thing would snap in two.

jroc

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
I dont know about the Maxx since its thicker than the RAZR...but I do like the feel in hand of the Rezound more than the RAZR. Its almost too thin. I also liked the feel in hand of the G Nex more than the RAZR.

That said...I like that the RAZR feels lighter than my Rezound..lol. The G Nex felt also lighter than my Rezound.

With probably every phone under the sun...we all will find things we like or dont like with each and every one. Whichever phone you got...works great for you? Thats all that matters. I just try to give as fair and as unbiased views as possible with the phones I have actual experience using. With most things that are preference: screen, smoothness, etc...it isnt as great or as bad as some of us make it.

Overall...I just dont like the Rezound compared to my RAZR. The issues I had with my Rezounds didnt help..Doesn't mean one is better than the other. Just means one or other phones is better for you.

humpagardengnome

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
GB and absolutely stock. I have never rooted either of my Rezounds. I posted this cuz I said I was gonna come back with my opinion. Its all a matter of preference. My Rezound is brighter and has better whites than my RAZR. But that doesnt really matter to me. I know some ppl might prefer the better whites and better brightness.

That's what i suspected. Razr can play Netflix HD content and unless, your running an ICS 4.0.1 or 4.0.2 rom, the Rezound cannot partake in Netflix HD b/c Qualcomm didn't meet security certification on devices running GB. It's just standard 480p resolution. However, Qualcomm did get cerification on ICS. You can't compare the two until you see them both running in HD. It's nice on the Razr & GNex but Netflix iis much darker in play mode on those phones, compared to the Rezound. It's not necessarily a bad thing, it's just noticeable.

jroc

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
That's what i suspected. Razr can play Netflix HD content and unless, your running an ICS 4.0.1 or 4.0.2 rom, the Rezound cannot partake in Netflix HD b/c Qualcomm didn't meet security certification on devices running GB. It's just standard 480p resolution. However, Qualcomm did get cerification on ICS. You can't compare the two until you see them both running in HD. It's nice on the Razr & GNex but Netflix iis much darker in play mode on those phones, compared to the Rezound. It's not necessarily a bad thing, it's just noticeable.

Thats interesting. Something I didnt know..

So I guess I will hold on to my Rezound a wee bit longer then until ICS comes to it. And yea...it is darker on my RAZR.

humpagardengnome

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
Thats interesting. Something I didnt know..

So I guess I will hold on to my Rezound a wee bit longer then until ICS comes to it. And yea...it is darker on my RAZR.

I'm still on 4.0.2 b/c the tricky part is the Netflix had to be modded to access HD content. I don't believe the GPlay version will ever play HD on the Rezound b/c it used the S3 and the S4 was given certification. The version I'm talking about is a dev mod. It worked w/ ICS until Google dropped 4.0.3. Something in that update killed it and I don't believe it's been circumvented, yet. Thankfully, it still works with the previous updates.

piaband

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

- Battery Life
- MicroHDMI
- Moto car dock FTW

-Battery life is useless to me because I can get 30 hours on my device. Even if the maxx migt offer more.I have no need or want for that.
-no sense, but doesn't maxx have motoblur which I've heard is the absolute worst?
-razr is definitely thinner, never compared thinness with rezound and maxx though.
-better colors and contrast? You can say whatever you want to make yourself feel better but the razr screen was universally reviewed poorly. Pentile screens are a step backwards in technology. You shouldn't use any screen characteristics in this post as there oant a single one where it outperforms the rezound. Fail.
-issues? Not a single one. And coming from a Samsung device, I know issues. This phone is rock solid. Wrong.
-rezound has hdmi out also.
-rezound also has car dock and I have it. Works awesome.

Seems like op didn't do his/her homework. Instead, chose the more popular phone based on advertising. FAIL. I'm glad I did my research. A great phone with amazing screen is more important to me than popularity (if that was the case I would have an iPhone) or overall phone thickness.

Good luck with your thin phone! Hoe it doesn't break

MA2GA28

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
-Battery life is useless to me because I can get 30 hours on my device. Even if the maxx migt offer more.I have no need or want for that.
-no sense, but doesn't maxx have motoblur which I've heard is the absolute worst?
-razr is definitely thinner, never compared thinness with rezound and maxx though.
-better colors and contrast? You can say whatever you want to make yourself feel better but the razr screen was universally reviewed poorly. Pentile screens are a step backwards in technology. You shouldn't use any screen characteristics in this post as there oant a single one where it outperforms the rezound. Fail.
-issues? Not a single one. And coming from a Samsung device, I know issues. This phone is rock solid. Wrong.
-rezound has hdmi out also.
-rezound also has car dock and I have it. Works awesome.

Seems like op didn't do his/her homework. Instead, chose the more popular phone based on advertising. FAIL. I'm glad I did my research. A great phone with amazing screen is more important to me than popularity (if that was the case I would have an iPhone) or overall phone thickness.

Good luck with your thin phone! Hoe it doesn't break

Oh, you have an HDMI out, or do you need an adapter? And no issues? So your stock battery was amazing, you battery door doesn't creak, and you never had an issue with long boot times? And I assume the Maxx is a hell of a lot thinner than the Rezound with a massive wart, I mean, extended battery. Have you used the Moto UI? No? That's what I thought. And show me the UNIVERSAL poor screen reviews for the Maxx. How bright do you leave your awesome screen? Mine is 80 to 100% and I get 45 to 60 hours on a charge, with 20% left, unrooted. I can take a weekend trip, forget a charger, and be fine with my Maxx. Good luck doing that with the Rezound.

Maxx, unrooted, loving it.

humpagardengnome

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
Oh, you have an HDMI out, or do you need an adapter? And no issues? So your stock battery was amazing, you battery door doesn't creak, and you never had an issue with long boot times? And I assume the Maxx is a hell of a lot thinner than the Rezound with a massive wart, I mean, extended battery. Have you used the Moto UI? No? That's what I thought. And show me the UNIVERSAL poor screen reviews for the Maxx. How bright do you leave your awesome screen? Mine is 80 to 100% and I get 45 to 60 hours on a charge, with 20% left, unrooted. I can take a weekend trip, forget a charger, and be fine with my Maxx. Good luck doing that with the Rezound.

Maxx, unrooted, loving it.

Can you explain the "long boot time" reference. I'm puzzled b/c mine boots up quicker than any other phone I've ever seen? Since rooting doesn't sound like it's on your to do list. Do you prefer thei look & feel of Motoblur over Sense?

P.S. I see you love the Maxx so much you can't put it down, er wait.....:) j/k, I'd be on a tablet if I had one.

leroybrute

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
Can you explain the "long boot time" reference. I'm puzzled b/c mine boots up quicker than any other phone I've ever seen? Since rooting doesn't sound like it's on your to do list. Do you prefer thei look & feel of Motoblur over Sense?

P.S. I see you love the Maxx so much you can't put it down, er wait.....:) j/k, I'd be on a tablet if I had one.

Definitely uses tablet more than the Maxx to get 45 to 60 hrs on a charge. Average usage with out playing temple run I can get between 18 to 24 hrs with my Maxx. If I play some temple run and use it aggressive I get 10 to 14 hrs.

humpagardengnome

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
Definitely uses tablet more than the Maxx to get 45 to 60 hrs on a charge. Average usage with out playing temple run I can get between 18 to 24 hrs with my Maxx. If I play some temple run and use it aggressive I get 10 to 14 hrs.

That's quite an interesting little battery diorama. What's the usage dispersal for you on an aggressive battery cycle on the Maxx?

MA2GA28

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
He posted in another thread about his boot time being up to 5 minutes. One of the issues he's obviously never had.

As for battery life, I am on wifi most of the day typically, but even on a recent trip with no wifi at all (just strong 4g) I was getting 30+ hours on a charge. I consider myself a moderate user, w/ FB, foursquare, twitter, text, Pandora, some map use, games, and screen never below 80%. Calls are minimal, but do average about 10 min per cycle.

And I don't use Tapa on my phone for posting, just for reading. Too much of a PITA to type posts.

leroybrute

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
That's quite an interesting little battery diorama. What's the usage dispersal for you on an aggressive battery cycle on the Maxx?

A couple hrs temple run, angry birds solitaire. Navigation, travel every day. Spend a lot of time on twitter, Facebook ( juggle between Maxx and rezound). Pandora through car stereo. Business calls. I use my Rezound for personal calls. If you can get 45 to 60 hrs out of the maxx you should get 23 to 30 hrs out of the standard razr. I dont see it on either phone unless you dont use it.
P.S. I have never had long boot times on my Rezound. Not as fast as my Maxx but not by much. Never have noticed squeaky backs on the rezounds we have either. I suppose before I say that I better ask the rest of the family about that. My bionics always squeaked.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21