HTC Rezound vs Galaxy Nexus

b_leonard

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
I have an upgrade in April and stock between getting a rezound or nexus. Which is better?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

humpagardengnome

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
Did you have to say Galaxy Nexus in here? Forgive him, for he knows not what he's done. I guess the dinner bell has been rung. Lurkers should be arriving shortly.

xxfallacyxx

Bearded
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
Did you have to say Galaxy Nexus in here? Forgive him, for he knows not what he's done. I guess the dinner bell has been rung. Lurkers should be arriving shortly.

We could request mod assistance... OH NO IT'S TOO LATE!!! Shucks, I didn't even get enough time to say "in before the nexus fans arrive"

VVVVV

Can you explain why?

buckifvr

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
Can you explain why?

IMHO the Rezound has a better screen, camera, removable microSD card, overall better build quality, and with a custom ICS ROM built with an unofficial leaked ICS ROM the Rezound scores better on the AnTuTu Benchmark.

Currently the only advantage Gnex really has over the Rezound is that it has an official release of ICS, but that advantage will be erased as soon as Rezound gets an official ICS ROM.

nkd

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
went from Galaxy Nexus to Rezound. I miss the Galaxy nexus because of pure ICS experience, but I love my rezound for the radio. At my house it beats the living crap out of radio performance on the Nexus. I have never lost 4g at my house and with the nexus it would lose it all the time. I knew I am in good service area because I had the razr before the nexus. I sold the nexus and picked up a rezound for 300 bucks and I am pretty happy. Now all I want is official ics rom to come out so we can get some vanilla experience. The latest leaked release is pretty stable but it needs more tweaking on sense part.

humpagardengnome

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
went from Galaxy Nexus to Rezound. I miss the Galaxy nexus because of pure ICS experience, but I love my rezound for the radio. At my house it beats the living crap out of radio performance on the Nexus. I have never lost 4g at my house and with the nexus it would lose it all the time. I knew I am in good service area because I had the razr before the nexus. I sold the nexus and picked up a rezound for 300 bucks and I am pretty happy. Now all I want is official ics rom to come out so we can get some vanilla experience. The latest leaked release is pretty stable but it needs more tweaking on sense part.

You can't have a vanilla experience on the Rezound unless you install a stock ICS ROM. The official ICS update HTC will OTA is anything but vanilla ICS.

xxfallacyxx

Bearded
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
Tough call, vanilla generally refers to unmodified release, but in this instance vanilla for us would be whatever we get from HTC+Verizon.

That being said, the only way to ever enjoy a vanilla release is to never root, theme, remove bloat, or any of the things that help to make the Android platform great.

b_leonard

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
Understandable. However, I was leaning more towards the rezound. I just wanted more opinions. I haven't played with either but the rezound looks better to me.

Go to the store and play with them. Opinions are like...well you know. I love my Rezound and all of its eccentricities. Many people love the RAZR Maxx and Galaxy Nexus. But you'll never know unless you've had each one in hand. I will say that to the Rezound's credit, you will not find a better 4G/LTE radio on the market currently.

humpagardengnome

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
Tough call, vanilla generally refers to unmodified release, but in this instance vanilla for us would be whatever we get from HTC+Verizon.

That being said, the only way to ever enjoy a vanilla release is to never root, theme, remove bloat, or any of the things that help to make the Android platform great.

That's about the only way to guarantee you won't enjoy the Android platform.:D. j/K, sort of.

xxfallacyxx

Bearded
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
lol somewhat true.

Then again there's always the option of buying a low-price low-quality "smart" phone running Android (usually 2.1 or 2.2) and then complaining about the entire platform as a whole because the cheap phones have defects, issues, and lack support.

jimbl

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
I owned the Galaxy Nexus. Much happier with the Rezound. Why? Gnex signal was crap, always dropping in all the places I go around town, including my house. Haven't had any of those issues with the Rezound in the same places. Camera on the Rezound is better. Not just in quality of photos, but in features the camera software offers. Screen on Rezound is amazing. I'd say more vibrant and colorful at 40% brightness than the Gnex was at 100%. Vanilla ICS on the Gnex was suppose to add performance, but live wallpapers on it made everything lag. Not so much on the Rezound? Without live wallpapers in the mix, they are about the same.

I did like some things on the Gnex better. The smudge resistant screen was nice. ICS offered a couple things I miss, mainly the easy organization of apps into folders on the homescreens. That's about it. Good luck.