Upgrade in March. Should I get one?

NHBass39

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
Ok I have had the HTC thunderbolt (got wet so had to go back to the HTC incredible) I am eligable for a upgrade in March should I get the rezound? I always get the bigger battery as I am a heavy user. If you all can share your experences with your rezound so far I would appreciate it.

humpagardengnome

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
Ok I have had the HTC thunderbolt (got wet so had to go back to the HTC incredible) I am eligable for a upgrade in March should I get the rezound? I always get the bigger battery as I am a heavy user. If you all can share your experences with your rezound so far I would appreciate it.

Haven't been perusing threads in here, I guess. There's dozens upon dozebs, of posts dealing w/ personal experiences on the Rezound. Here's link to the main thread:
http://forums.androidcentral.com/ve...60-htc-rezound-first-impressions-reviews.html

If you get it you won't regret it. Although, you might wanna hold off a purchase until they unveil upcoming releases @ MWC, though. They might have something on deck, that tickles your fancy.

NHBass39

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
I have been on here a little bit, but just to many threads to check out. I was just looking for a quick overview on your experiences with it. I'm also looking into the razor maxx.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Haven't been perusing threads in here, I guess. There's dozens upon dozebs, of posts dealing w/ personal experiences on the Rezound. Here's link to the main thread:
http://forums.androidcentral.com/ve...60-htc-rezound-first-impressions-reviews.html

If you get it you won't regret it. Although, you might wanna hold off a purchase until they unveil upcoming releases @ MWC, though. They might have something on deck, that tickles your fancy.

The Rezound is an improvement in just about every aspect to the thunderbolt. The radio is way better, faster speeds and less data drops. I had the thunderbolt and bought the rezound for $ 50 on upgrade within 2 weeks of release and couldn't be happier. Battery life is so-so. The hd slcd is beautiful to me, but obviously slcd drains battery faster than amoled. Some prefer amoled over slcd, and vice versa.

ghess517

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
Stock battery on rez is 1750(?), maxx is 3200(?). Yrs with extended battery will be just fine. Love the rezound screen vs maxx. I'm not a fan of motorblur. I'm getting a full day out of stock battery on rez after some tinkering (read the forums). But I'm also not in 4g or good WiFi area either. So usage and rates will vary. Best suggestion, go several times to play with your new phone before buying. I came from incredible to the rezound and am happy with my decision.

streetfoo212

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
I have the Rezound with an extended battery and couldn't be happier. With Scott's senseless ICS ROM and some tweaking, battery life isn't a concern at all for me even with a full day of heavy use. The issue is just the size and weight, which I actually prefer, but it depends on what you're looking for in a phone.

I really didn't see any other phone as an option just because the Rezound's screen is the best of the Verizon phones by far, at least in my opinion. You should definitely compare the screens side by side. I personally can't stand the text pixelization on the pentile displays, but I know some people prefer AMOLED.

You should check out both at a Verizon store and see which you prefer. If you have any plans to root and modify the phone, the Rezound is probably your best bet, though.

veevans01

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
I came from the incredible to the resound . Very happy with it. I get 12 hours with light to moderate use with the stock 1620mah battery. I bought the extended Battery today and although it makes the phone a little wider I like the way it feels. Go with the resound. You wont regret it.

NHBass39

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
I came from the incredible to the resound . Very happy with it. I get 12 hours with light to moderate use with the stock 1620mah battery. I bought the extended Battery today and although it makes the phone a little wider I like the way it feels. Go with the resound. You wont regret it.

Thanks for the info. I'm gonna get it. Just need to find a kick stand case for the extended battery.

xxfallacyxx

Bearded
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
Ok I have a Droid x rooted with liberty gb v.03 what phone is a good transition from the x?

Droid x. 49ers

See above. :)

I was on a MIUI GB ROM with my DX, 3500mAh extended battery. That got me roughly 28 hours usage. With the Rezound on a ICS ROM with devices settings kept in mind for power usage, I get 20+ out of the Rezound on a stock battery.

Speaking on issues of form factor alone, you'll be MUCH more comfortable with the Rezound in hand. length and width is almost the same size as the DX, whereas the RAZR gets it's thin design by pancaking some components, it ended up being both longer and wider than the Rezound just to achieve it's thin design. Weight wise (still don't understand how this can actually be considered an issue) the RAZR MAXX put on a lot of extra weight to get that extended battery (strictly in context of the RAZR's light weight ideals). It now weighs ~25grams less than the Rezound, which in imperial/US measurements is less than 1oz.

Concerning the screen: Coming from the DX to the Rezound, the colors were similar. Some people claiming the RAZR or the GNexus produces more realistic colors, but it's purely an opinion thing. Some people think the color-saturated screen is somehow realistic. The Resolution and clarity on the Rezound is the best on VZW right now, it get's wows when I show it to people.

Network wise, allow me to explain the following picture:

2012-02-16_15-50-01.png

Starting from the bottom up, the first three tests were done on my home wifi network as a baseline. At home I live on the very edge of a 4G service area, so my coverage is not solid 100% of the time. This isn't a radio issue, it's just literally VZW can't get decent data service in the area because of some competitor's cell towers. If you look at the VZW data coverage map, in southeastern MA there is 1 spot without coverage. It's essentially my house. So ramble aside, the next three tests were done on 4G at home. Even with poor reception the 4G speeds were on par with my home's wifi network. Finally the top two tests were done last night, approximately 15 miles deeper into the 4G territory. A buddy of mine has the RAZR, and we did side by side tests with the speed test app, on average he scored 1-2mbps slower than my Rezound in the same exact location.

NHBass39

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
See above. :)

I was on a MIUI GB ROM with my DX, 3500mAh extended battery. That got me roughly 28 hours usage. With the Rezound on a ICS ROM with devices settings kept in mind for power usage, I get 20+ out of the Rezound on a stock battery.

Speaking on issues of form factor alone, you'll be MUCH more comfortable with the Rezound in hand. length and width is almost the same size as the DX, whereas the RAZR gets it's thin design by pancaking some components, it ended up being both longer and wider than the Rezound just to achieve it's thin design. Weight wise (still don't understand how this can actually be considered an issue) the RAZR MAXX put on a lot of extra weight to get that extended battery (strictly in context of the RAZR's light weight ideals). It now weighs ~25grams less than the Rezound, which in imperial/US measurements is less than 1oz.

Concerning the screen: Coming from the DX to the Rezound, the colors were similar. Some people claiming the RAZR or the GNexus produces more realistic colors, but it's purely an opinion thing. Some people think the color-saturated screen is somehow realistic. The Resolution and clarity on the Rezound is the best on VZW right now, it get's wows when I show it to people.

Network wise, allow me to explain the following picture:

Click to view quoted image

Starting from the bottom up, the first three tests were done on my home wifi network as a baseline. At home I live on the very edge of a 4G service area, so my coverage is not solid 100% of the time. This isn't a radio issue, it's just literally VZW can't get decent data service in the area because of some competitor's cell towers. If you look at the VZW data coverage map, in southeastern MA there is 1 spot without coverage. It's essentially my house. So ramble aside, the next three tests were done on 4G at home. Even with poor reception the 4G speeds were on par with my home's wifi network. Finally the top two tests were done last night, approximately 15 miles deeper into the 4G territory. A buddy of mine has the RAZR, and we did side by side tests with the speed test app, on average he scored 1-2mbps slower than my Rezound in the same exact location.

What does this have to do with the questions I asked? My thread was hijacked. ;)

NHBass39

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
I do believe I addressed your question a bit though. The RAZR and RAZR MAXX have near identical hardware.

Oh OK. I'm going to go with the rezound. Besides the thunderdud I like HTC phones. Hopefully it will be a nice improvement over the thunderbolt. Thanks for you tips. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12