Voicemail on Rezound

rootbrain

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
This might be a more general Android question, but maybe not. On some of my older phones I was able to input a password/pin for my VZ voicemail that input it for me after a pause.

Can't find that option on the Rezound (my first Android) and was wondering if I need an app for that or if I'm just missing where to set that.

TIA.

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
From the main screen:

1. Menu button
2. "Settings"
3. "Call" (Phone icon)
4. "Voicemail Settings"
5. Enter your pin/pauses/etc.

I would thank you more than once if I could! I have been trying to figure this out for the past three weeks!

Thank you!!
:D

rootbrain

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
You're welcome. Happy to help :)

Guess I'm confused. I do that it asks for the voicemail number. I used *86 for VZ as usual. Tried the #(for pause)pin combo never does anything, still asking for pin.

Are the pauses different for android than they used to be for blackberry? Searching didn't turn up anything.

Laramie

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
Guess I'm confused. I do that it asks for the voicemail number. I used *86 for VZ as usual. Tried the #(for pause)pin combo never does anything, still asking for pin.

Are the pauses different for android than they used to be for blackberry? Searching didn't turn up anything.

I personally use google voice for my voicemail so I don't have a way to test it, but a quick google search suggested usiing "commas" or "semicolons" for the wait/pause. I'm curious. Let me know if that works. I think the # is different than a wait/pause. # is the "cue" to access the VM and/or signal when you enter your pin.

markymark

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site

There is a P or W on the phone dialer for Pause or Wait.

rootbrain

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
There is a P or W on the phone dialer for Pause or Wait.

Well darn, no combination or commas, P's, W's or #'s ever signal to send the password/pin.

Just keeps asking to "Please enter your password" then goes to "If you've entered the wrong mailbox, press *).

Does anyone have this working? I'm rooted witha custom ROM, could that be what's different?

Sax1031

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
I personally use google voice for my voicemail so I don't have a way to test it, but a quick google search suggested usiing "commas" or "semicolons" for the wait/pause. I'm curious. Let me know if that works. I think the # is different than a wait/pause. # is the "cue" to access the VM and/or signal when you enter your pin.

I use google voice also.

I was an iPhone user before switching to Android. Pretty much have to have visual voicemail.

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I use the semicolon for the pause.

The other thing I noticed is that this only works for me (did the same with my Droid X) when I had a voice mail notification. If I just dialed *82 I had to keep entering my pin.

Use the semicolon and then call your phone and leave yourself a message. Go to voicemail from the notification and see if your pin is showing up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech