Verizon issues?

humpagardengnome

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
Then I envy your connectivity. You don't really appreciate the speed of 4G LTE until you're stuck browsing in 3G again. Loading up a high resolution picture takes about 20x longer.

Believe me, I've been stuck on 1xRTT for 24hrs on my Rez, not so long ago. I know of the pain you speak. That's why I'm so happy and sad for ya'll.

aflores1285

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
Wow. I feel bad for everybody who's still experiencing problems with their 4G. I live in Vancouver, WA. Here's my experience today: I wake up at 7:45 am, check my Facebook and email on my phone and then stop using it for a bit. No problems with 4G during that time. Half an hour later, I grab my phone again and notice that I'm only receiving 1x. It's stuck on 1x for 5 minutes. Then I decide to turn on Airplane Mode for one minute and then I turn off Airplane Mode. Afterwards I have not had any problems with my 4G since. If any of you have not tried doing that, do it. Who knows? It might fix the issue. I could also just happen to be lucky enough to live in a part of the country where Verizon has straightened out their network issues. Also my Rezound is rooted and I'm running CleanROM ICSE 2.3 so I'm not sure if that's a factor too.

humpagardengnome

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
Wow. I feel bad for everybody who's still experiencing problems with their 4G. I live in Vancouver, WA. Here's my experience today: I wake up at 7:45 am, check my Facebook and email on my phone and then stop using it for a bit. No problems with 4G during that time. Half an hour later, I grab my phone again and notice that I'm only receiving 1x. It's stuck on 1x for 5 minutes. Then I decide to turn on Airplane Mode for one minute and then I turn off Airplane Mode. Afterwards I have not had any problems with my 4G since. If any of you have not tried doing that, do it. Who knows? It might fix the issue. I could also just happen to be lucky enough to live in a part of the country where Verizon has straightened out their network issues. Also my Rezound is rooted and I'm running CleanROM ICSE 2.3 so I'm not sure if that's a factor too.

Saw that Kellex @Droid-Life said the same thing from OR. He said the same thing during the previous outage, as well. Guess you guys got a good thing in the NW end of this land mass. I'm personally baffled why every one around me in the midwest was affected but I never experienced anything. Very thankful for it but it's still bizarre.

Egnix

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
I read that Verizon supposedly fixed the problem yesterday, but I'm still rockin' 1X.
Are others still having issues?

Dovahkiin

One Man Wolfpack
Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
I read that Verizon supposedly fixed the problem yesterday, but I'm still rockin' 1X.
Are others still having issues?

Try rebooting your phone.
I was stuck on 3G all day yesterday and today. I rebooted and had 4G. I toggled off network to see what would happen when I toggled it on, and it set me back to 3G. Another reboot got me back into 4G and it's been staying on it, regardless of toggles.

Egnix

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
Thanks, that cleared it up. But the reboot prompted the download of the update! Sigh. I was pretty sure that was going to happen, but I really needed to get a faster connection than 1X.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance