Bluetooth connection issues

Flur

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
I have an in-car bluetooth system and am having trouble getting the rezound to connect reliably. Usually it won't connect at all on its own, but I've noticed that if I start the car with the rezound bluetooth turned off, and then turn the bluetooth on, sometimes it will connect. Sometimes I can force it to connect by manually going into the rezound's bluetooth menu and selecting the car, but this only works about 25% of the time, and sometimes it only connects to streaming media, not to the hands-free headset. I had absolutely no issues with connecting my Dinc - the Dinc would just automatically connect as long as BT was turned on - so I don't think it's the car system.

Has anyone else had this kind of issue? I'm still within the return period for the phone, so I'm wondering if I should take it back and exchange it for a new one, or if this is a problem across the all rezounds and I need to either live with it or get a different phone.

Thanks for your feedback. :)

SOLUTION FOR SUBARU CARS WITH HANDSFREE BLUETOOTH PHONE SYSTEMS: The proper way to set up the phone to connect for both phone calls and streaming media is to use the steering wheel controls to do the set up. If you use the radio controls you may have the issues above.

Last edited:

Flur

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
So... 53 of you have looked and not responded, and I don't know if it's because you haven't had this issue or because none of you use bluetooth.

So, if you've used bluetooth with your stock rezound and don't have any issues with your devices connecting after the initial pairing, can you please reply and say so? Just need to know if my rezound is malfunctioning or not.

Thanks.

ShadowCatcher

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
2011 Hyundai Genesis Coup? with Infinity AM/FM/XM/CD/MP3 audio system - no issues with Bluetooth. It connects from 5 or 8 feet away and is ready to go as soon as I push the ignition button...

Reactions: Flur

idiotekniques

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
have had no problems pairing with plantronics or jawbone headsets. issue is crappy audio - people hearing me. never had it unpair and i use BT a lot.

Reactions: Flur

Flur

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
With all the people that looked at this thread and no one reporting a problem, I decided to do a search for Subaru bluetooth issues (I have 2011 WRX). It turns out that in order to have the phone autoconnect to the system, you have to set it up with the steering-wheel controls, not the radio controls. It seems silly, IMO, to have two ways to do it if only one of them works, but that's the solution.

I'm updating the original post so if anyone else comes along and does a search for Subaru bluetooth connection issues they can find it. :)

ack154

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
I also have a 2011 WRX and this started bothering me more and more lately and I just found this thread today. I will definitely be trying this out later today when I get out of work.

Some other notes: I don't recall how I originally paired them, but my iPhone 4 had worked perfectly with my WRX from the day I bought the car. It would auto-connect every time without issue. When I went to a Galaxy S2, I started having reconnect issues. Even tried different ROMs, same problem. Same problem with a Galaxy Nexus. And still the same issue with a Nexus 4.

I've been trying more with the Nexus 4 though - like I have noticed that if I turn my bluetooth on after I start my car, it will sometimes reconnect by itself. Also if I have bluetooth on and then start the car, even if I manually select my car to connect in the Bluetooth menu, it will often NOT connect at all. I have to click it as many as 4 or 5 times - depending on how soon after I start the car I try to connect. Like If I try to connect immediately after starting, it will go right through. If I try to connect 1-2 min after starting, it takes forever.

Actually, you know what... screw it. I'm going to try this now. BRB.

EDIT: It worked! Holy crap. Can't believe that worked. Thanks man. This has been bugging me for the last 2 years and made no sense at all.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech