you tube

jah81592

May 18, 2011
Visit site
Is anyone having issues with the Resound streaming YouTube vids? I can open youtube click on the video and the video takes forever to play. Ironically I can switch to 3g or WiFi and there isn't a problem.

chevyman29

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
yes i tried a rezound for a couple of days because i liked my wifes and both hers and mine wouldnt play youtube vids . i talked to htc tech and they had no clue . i gave mine back and got a MAXX

humpagardengnome

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
I originally thought Verizon was throttling me but now I have entered a new month and the issue is still present.

Why do people always blame the app. There is nothing wrong w/ Youtube. Call Google and tell them to add more Youtube servers. Then call Verizon and tell their engineers to figure out how to make data transference more consistent and stable on their network. To view my point for yourself, run several Speednet tests on your phone throughout the day tomorrow. Only thing you will see in the #s that is consistent is that it's completely inconsistent throughout the day. Notice the constant fluctuations in your up and download speeds. There's your problem w/ load times. Same thing appliea to 3g, as well

jah81592

May 18, 2011
Visit site
I am not blaming YouTube. Where in the world did you even try to get that from my post. Obviously you didn't read it, I only have this problem on 4g. Never once did I state it was a YouTube app issue. Once again I will ask if anyone is having the same issue. It seems to only be on 4g. It doesn't matter what time of day or night the problem is there. If I am on WiFi or 3g there isn't a problem. Geez, please read the post. I am simply trying to fix my issue or find a reason behind it. I am not placing blame on Google, YouTube or Verizon just wanting to know why. I appreciate any feedback.

humpagardengnome

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
I am not blaming YouTube. Where in the world did you even try to get that from my post. Obviously you didn't read it, I only have this problem on 4g. Never once did I state it was a YouTube app issue. Once again I will ask if anyone is having the same issue. It seems to only be on 4g. It doesn't matter what time of day or night the problem is there. If I am on WiFi or 3g there isn't a problem. Geez, please read the post. I am simply trying to fix my issue or find a reason behind it. I am not placing blame on Google, YouTube or Verizon just wanting to know why. I appreciate any feedback.

Yes, everybody on 4g has the same issues you are experencing, at some point. It is inevitable for the reason I stated above. Btw, I got that from what you wrote. You said you thought Verizon was responsible. You said it was still happening so Verizon was not the culprit. I just assumed you were blaming YT. Unless you can name a third party mentioned in your OP. Can you honestly read what you posted and tell me that interpretation is off base. You didn't exactly write an essay to gather information from.

chevyman29

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
i dont think its a 4g issue i think its a rezound issue . my regular razr and my new razr maxx both have no issues streaming YT while the new rezound and my wifes would not work . but i know for a fact my wifes would work right after she got it because i did some side beside tests with my regular razr . but now it will not load the video for nothing . im thinking the latest software update has something to do with it .

humpagardengnome

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
i dont think its a 4g issue i think its a rezound issue . my regular razr and my new razr maxx both have no issues streaming YT while the new rezound and my wifes would not work . but i know for a fact my wifes would work right after she got it because i did some side beside tests with my regular razr . but now it will not load the video for nothing . im thinking the latest software update has something to do with it .

I know your story from the other thread. Your sitch is bizarre and you may be correct. I'm rooted and update free so I have no clue if it's update related. However, he is able to view YT on 3g so it sure looks network related to me, based on what he stated.

jah81592

May 18, 2011
Visit site
I believe it is a network issue. I am not a programmer but it seems to be something with HTC and 4g. I would really like to know if there was a work around.

dontlookatme

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
My thunderbolt didn't have any problem playing videos on YouTube. But my RAZR takes forever to play YouTube and break.com videos.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

axne1

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
The YouTube app has been acting up since the last update even on Wi-Fi.

Sent using axne1's
Beastly Galaxy Nexus Prime!

IamDrogan

Feb 28, 2012
Visit site
Searched all over the net for the answer to this issue.

No luck.

You can use NextVid as a workaround. Get it from the market.

Very frustrating that one of the most popular stock apps does not work.:mad:

chevyman29

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
i tried my wifes on 3g and it would actually work pretty decent . still nothing on 4g with hers. and the mobile version has the same issue.

atlantagreg

Mar 2, 2012
Visit site
Just got my Rezound two days ago and quickly discovered the same issue. 3G and WiFi fine - 4G a no go on Youtube app. Talked to a Verizon rep on the phone last night who had a model Rezound at his desk and poof, same on his. I think he was aware of the issue oddly enough through these very forums, and he pushed through something on it to make it even more aware on whatever end it needs to be known on.

Though it's not part of the topic, I'll also add that Skype video isn't working on my Rezound (properly), either. You have to hold the phone in landscape orientation in order for the receiver to see you "upright" and for you to see them correctly. When holding the phone in portrait orientation, the skype app does not auto-rotate, and I cannot find any settings to manually adjust it. Same issue with the Verizon tech's phone too.

So far those are the only two glitchy apps/services I'm noticing. Netflix worked fine, Paltalk, etc... so other than the phone being a HUGE BRICK with the extended battery in it, I'm decently happy with it so far.

jmk32

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
There's a new update to the YouTube app in the Market today. It adds 'HD' button in the corner now when showing HD clips! Which is cool.

I've never had the issues you had - has always worked fine for me in 4G, Wifi, etc. Maybe this updated version of the official app will solve your issues...

atlantagreg

Mar 2, 2012
Visit site
There's a new update to the YouTube app in the Market today. It adds 'HD' button in the corner now when showing HD clips! Which is cool.

I've never had the issues you had - has always worked fine for me in 4G, Wifi, etc. Maybe this updated version of the official app will solve your issues...

I had already tried that. Odd. Still the same issue with my phone, and when the Verizon tech guy tried it on the updated Rezound he had, he had the same issue even with the updated youtube app, too. It's not a deal breaker for me, but irritating.

humpagardengnome

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
Puzzling and getting stranger w/ every day it goes unaddressed. Odd that it's only a regional issue that has no effect on accessing other Google based services via Big Red or other networks.