Otterbox Commuter case for cheap

Dovahkiin

One Man Wolfpack
Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
I highly recommend this case. I got one during the first batch and it took almost 2 weeks to get here, but the wait was worth it.

SpaceHippie

Journeyman
Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
Does the rubber edges catch lint easily? I love the protection it offers but the lint is pretty annoying. Also, does it add a ton of bulk? Thanks

Steve54

Jan 2, 2011
Visit site
I bought this case and think it is fantastic. Hasn't caught a lot of lint and I always keep it in a pocket as opposed to someone who might use a bag. It has just enough grab to secure itself in a breast pocket yet pulls out easily. Looks very sleek and feels great in my hand. It adds a very small amount of girth that is not a problem for me. I highly recommend this case, especially at that price. I paid 22 and change for mine on Amazon.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk

leozdad

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
yep amazon, mine will be here thursday. $22.61 +s/h comes out to $27.72 (I get my new rezound tomorrow)

I am using the seidio active on my Dinc and it is very similar to the design of the otterbox commuter. not much rubber shows around the screen, does catch a bit of lint but im not that finicky about it, i just wipe it off if its that bad. this commuter seems to have the same amount of rubber on top and bottom as the active, does make for "drag" when coming out of pants pocket on the active.probably simailar on the commuter

I am sure this will be a great case as i have had great experiences with hybrid cases.My GF uses a hybrid case on her Inc2

Last edited:

Dovahkiin

One Man Wolfpack
Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
Does the rubber edges catch lint easily? I love the protection it offers but the lint is pretty annoying. Also, does it add a ton of bulk? Thanks

Actually, it's pretty lint resistant. It'll accumulate no more lint than it would without the case. The rubber is pretty neutral, not sticky whatsoever.
On average, I clean out lint once every 2 weeks from the back speaker crevice, but it doesn't even require the maintenance. I just do it out of habit.

rootbrain

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
I had an OB Defender on my Storm2 and it was very good. But on the Rezound I just got this from Amazon for the standard battery:

Amazon.com: Oriongadgets Shell Case & Belt Clip Holster Combo w/ Kickstand (Triangular Design) OEM for HTC Rezound (Black): Cell Phones & Accessories

And I got this case for extended battery for 19.99 from VZ shortly after I got the Rezound. I can now use either case. Standard (and carry and extra battery if I won't be near a charging spot) or extended. They both work with the same belt clip so I have a spare.

I love the kickstand, quite sturdy and reliable. I've used it sitting on a dresser for some pretty good POV videos. :cool:

Dovahkiin

One Man Wolfpack
Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
whats POV stand for?

Point-of-view. It means it's filmed in the perspective of someone experiencing whatever is currently happening. Like a first person video game type of thing.
Now, ask me how the hell he got a POV video off of something sitting on a dresser. The answer is; wtf?

leozdad

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
Point-of-view. It means it's filmed in the perspective of someone experiencing whatever is currently happening. Like a first person video game type of thing.
Now, ask me how the hell he got a POV video off of something sitting on a dresser. The answer is; wtf?

thats what i thought it was but the sitting on the dresser part stumped me too :) ... dancing on the ceiling maybe?

rootbrain

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
thats what i thought it was but the sitting on the dresser part stumped me too :) ... dancing on the ceiling maybe?

Actually, if you think about it, the kickstand makes the screen point up. Sooooo, you turn it around and the video camera is pointing down. So POV would be down towards...?? Whatever is happening below the dresser, LMAO. :D

Just gots to be creative....

SpaceHippie

Journeyman
Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
Anyone have pics of their case? I used to have one on my blackberry and installed two today at work for some iphones. I love the material and feel. What im really worried about is bulk and the rubber becoming difficult to remove from my pocket.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma