Hi all, just got today my Rezound and wanted to say hii!

nica7

Feb 22, 2012
Visit site
I've been lurking around for about a month now, gathering info to help me make a good decision. Just received today my spanking new Rezound from VZ Wireless, taking advantage of the $99 sale (btw, after about 3 calls to CS I was able to get one of the reps to credit my acct $30 for my NE2 credit which the website wouldn't apply).

I'm currently backing up my OG Droid and I'm hoping to be able to transfer my data/apps without any complications. Any tips are welcomed!!

Right now I'm planning to keep it stock for about a month to see how I like Sense and then I'm planning in rooting it. I'll definitely keep coming back and asking for help but I'm also planning in contributing as much as I can. I really like the friendliness in this forum!:D

Stelv

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
Welcome! The Rezound is a solid device. Read up on rooting/modding carefully as it is a bit different than the d1. Enjoy your new device!

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk

Dovahkiin

One Man Wolfpack
Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
I've been lurking around for about a month now, gathering info to help me make a good decision. Just received today my spanking new Rezound from VZ Wireless, taking advantage of the $99 sale (btw, after about 3 calls to CS I was able to get one of the reps to credit my acct $30 for my NE2 credit which the website wouldn't apply).

I'm currently backing up my OG Droid and I'm hoping to be able to transfer my data/apps without any complications. Any tips are welcomed!!

Right now I'm planning to keep it stock for about a month to see how I like Sense and then I'm planning in rooting it. I'll definitely keep coming back and asking for help but I'm also planning in contributing as much as I can. I really like the friendliness in this forum!:D

I made this same transition, from Droid to Rezound. The touchscreen typing is going to drive you nuts, or maybe it won't. I still miss keyboards and would gladly take a Rezound slider (that would be so awesome, but unlikely.)
Anyway, since you're going stock, make sure you disable all syncing options for VZW media manager, or it'll just chug battery juice while you're asleep. Enjoy the phone, newb. :cool:

Stelv

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
Yea the touch keyboard sucks on htcs IMO. I use the free gb keyboard or smart keyboard from the market.

Sent from my Rezound

Dovahkiin

One Man Wolfpack
Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
Yea the touch keyboard sucks on htcs IMO. I use the free gb keyboard or smart keyboard from the market.

Sent from my Rezound

All touch keyboards suck. Typing on a touchscreen is about as intuitive as eating a burger with boxing gloves on.

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
All touch keyboards suck. Typing on a touchscreen is about as intuitive as eating a burger with boxing gloves on.

The OG droid made me learn how to appreciate using my touchscreen to type. I was a hardcore physical keyboard user until I got that thing. It was designed with a child's hands in mind(I'm assuming). Now if I could get the Epic 4G's keyboard on a Verizon phone, I'd happily go back.

Oh and so I don't completely spoil the welcome thread. Welcome nica7. Enjoy your stay, have a look around nos casa su casa

veevans01

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
It will be an adjustment with typing compared to typing on your droid. I switched from a blackberry to an incredible and it was for me. I do use the qwerty keyboard sometimes but I mainly use the Slide IT keyboard app with the swipe function.

Postoid

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
Hi nica7,
You picked the best place to 'lurk' with your new phone!
And the folks here are why this forum is tops in help.

Welcome :)

Wanda

May 6, 2010
Visit site

Welcome aboard! Hey, it's been like 8 hours...why aren't you rooted yet? :p

rootbrain

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
Welcome nica7, this is the place to learn about and get help for your Rezound for sure. Although there are other forums/sites, this is definitely the best place to learn and do.

Vondutch67

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
...since you're going stock, make sure you disable all syncing options for VZW media manager, or it'll just chug battery juice while you're asleep...

Hi Doyahkiin,

I took your advice to heart and attempted to disable the media manager, but I continually receive the following error message: Cannot connect to server. Your server is not responding

Perhaps this is a good thing? The path I'm following to get there is:

Settings/Account & Sync/V cast Media Manager/General Settings

In lieu of being able to open the "general settings" i unchecked the "music, pictures, video" tabs, will that be enough to disable the auto sync?

Dovahkiin

One Man Wolfpack
Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
Hi Doyahkiin,

I took your advice to heart and attempted to disable the media manager, but I continually receive the following error message: Cannot connect to server. Your server is not responding

Perhaps this is a good thing? The path I'm following to get there is:

Settings/Account & Sync/V cast Media Manager/General Settings

In lieu of being able to open the "general settings" i unchecked the "music, pictures, video" tabs, will that be enough to disable the auto sync?

That's what I did. Just un-check the file types it can sync and it shouldn't sync anything at all.
I would walk you through step by step, but I rooted and uninstalled that months ago. But like I said, the steps you took should be all you need to do. It usually syncs at midnight, so you should find out for sure by then.

Dovahkiin

One Man Wolfpack
Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
The OG droid made me learn how to appreciate using my touchscreen to type. I was a hardcore physical keyboard user until I got that thing. It was designed with a child's hands in mind(I'm assuming). Now if I could get the Epic 4G's keyboard on a Verizon phone, I'd happily go back.

Wouldn't that be the Stratosphere? Granted, it does have some modifications to the keys, so it's not exactly the same.
I'm really itching to jump ship to a keyboard phone, even though I love the Rezound so much. Basically, I'd be trapped to a crappy screen and locked bootloader on the Droid 4, or entirely inferior specs and screen on the Stratosphere. So far, it doesn't seem worth it to me.
HTC is slacking with the keyboards, man.

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
Wouldn't that be the Stratosphere? Granted, it does have some modifications to the keys, so it's not exactly the same.
I'm really itching to jump ship to a keyboard phone, even though I love the Rezound so much. Basically, I'd be trapped to a crappy screen and locked bootloader on the Droid 4, or entirely inferior specs and screen on the Stratosphere. So far, it doesn't seem worth it to me.
HTC is slacking with the keyboards, man.

The stratosphere is like 1" too small. It was the Epic 4G on sprint that I was referring to. That thing was like 4.5" and the keyboard was huge. I almost stole it from my brother when I saw it. Does HTC even have a slider Android phone?

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
The stratosphere is like 1" too small. It was the Epic 4G on sprint that I was referring to. That thing was like 4.5" and the keyboard was huge. I almost stole it from my brother when I saw it. Does HTC even have a slider Android phone?

mytouch slider (3G & 4G models), merge, desire z, maybe others...

Dovahkiin

One Man Wolfpack
Nov 17, 2011
Visit site

I remember the Merge was supposed to be released on Verizon last year, but it never happened.
I played around with a Droid 4 at a Verizon kiosk in the mall the other day, and damn, it had such a sexy keyboard. I thought my OG Droid was as good as it got, but this was an improvement in every major way. I was so tempted to use that extra upgrade on my family plan. :-\

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
I remember the Merge was supposed to be released on Verizon last year, but it never happened.
I played around with a Droid 4 at a Verizon kiosk in the mall the other day, and damn, it had such a sexy keyboard. I thought my OG Droid was as good as it got, but this was an improvement in every major way. I was so tempted to use that extra upgrade on my family plan. :-\

On a phone with a non-replaceable battery and no SD expansion? In 2 months there will be a Droid 4 MAXX...watch.

Dovahkiin

One Man Wolfpack
Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
On a phone with a non-replaceable battery and no SD expansion? In 2 months there will be a Droid 4 MAXX...watch.

I know, I know, but a man can dream. Let's not forget the screen couldn't even hold a candle next to the Rezound's. Moto has fallen pretty far, man. It's sad. The worst news is that Google plans to do absolutely nothing with Moto Mobility, to just let it operate as is.