What is V-cast media manager

coolbreeze

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
It's basically a cloud storage for your pics, contacts, etc. It's not a bad deal if you can get it to work right.

Sent from my HTC Rezound 4G using Tapatalk

Wanda

May 6, 2010
Visit site
It's basically a cloud storage for your pics, contacts, etc. It's not a bad deal if you can get it to work right.

Sent from my HTC Rezound 4G using Tapatalk

It's almost as if Verizon doesn't realize or even care that Android/Google does all these "cloud" things natively on the phone for free and does them better in my opinion.

So it will not hurt anything if I tell it not to sync for new till I decide if I will use it?

It won't hurt anything...in fact I deleted the app entirely after I rooted my phone.

Not sure if it's the answer you seek, but, to put it bluntly

Hahahahaha!!! You're killing me with the pictures today man! This one pretty much sums up my feelings on Verizon's VZware:D

KillerQ

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone confronted a VZW rep as to why this app keeps 're-checking' the boxes for synching even after we uncheck them.... it happens all the time to me.

Thanks,

Matt!

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone confronted a VZW rep as to why this app keeps 're-checking' the boxes for synching even after we uncheck them.... it happens all the time to me.

Thanks,

Matt!

KillerQ,

I don't think anyone at Verizon knows how to stop this from happening. My first Rezouind mistakenly shook hands with the V-Cast Media Manager on my Verizon page while the data cable was connected to the computer and then it would always try to sync, no matter how many times I unchecked the boxes.

I made sure my replacement Rezound didn't go near that page while the data cable was connected and now nothing is checked at all and it does not try to sync.

LONG story short, I think HTC support might be better equiped to handle your issue.

Janet

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
KillerQ,

I don't think anyone at Verizon knows how to stop this from happening. My first Rezouind mistakenly shook hands with the V-Cast Media Manager on my Verizon page while the data cable was connected to the computer and then it would always try to sync, no matter how many times I unchecked the boxes.

I made sure my replacement Rezound didn't go near that page while the data cable was connected and now nothing is checked at all and it does not try to sync.

LONG story short, I think HTC support might be better equiped to handle your issue.

Janet

Matt ....

HTC's number is 866-449-8358

Janet

idiotekniques

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
this POS app always syncing was a actually a big inspiration for me to root. there were other reasons but this was a big one, to disable it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair