Hey all,

I know these posts have been peppered throughout the forums, but I noticed something interesting...

We all know that when we install the official FB app (or should I say "login" to the app, since it's installed from stock), and when we uncheck the 'sync contacts' box, that the contacts always eventually come back. Even after unchecking "facebook contacts' under the drop down menu in the people/contacts app.

Anyway, but point is - once I believe the FB contacts are gone for the time being, I find that they actually populate in an interesting area. When I use handcent SMS, and start typing in the name of a contact that is ONLY in FB, that complete name and number pops up and is available.

This leads me to believe that even though we THINK that the FB contacts are not residing or synching on our device, they are - and HTC is just trying to mask them. Handcent, somehow, can tap into this resource.

Not a huge deal, just a bit annoying, and interesting. I don't want to root to deal with this - so i'll deal with it now.

Thanks,

Matt!
    03-04-2012 09:54 AM
    This is yet another reason to root. The problem is that this is the expected behavior of the HTC compiled Facebook app(the one you get stock). After rooting, you can remove the HTC Facebook and install the normal one(that doesn't try to keep linking your data) from the market.
    03-04-2012 04:13 PM
    thanks.

I'm just waiting for an easy way to root.... And then unroot when an OTA comes along. I have no desire to use a different ROM.... Would just like to root, remove FB and then painlessly unroot back to stock without wipes if needed.

Thanks,

Matt!

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk
    03-04-2012 04:40 PM
    thanks.

I'm just waiting for an easy way to root.... And then unroot when an OTA comes along. I have no desire to use a different ROM.... Would just like to root, remove FB and then painlessly unroot back to stock without wipes if needed.

Thanks,

Matt!

I don't know your experience w/ rooting but have you looked into it w/ the Rezound? It's not exactly a complex set of directives to unlock and root, as is, at present.
    03-04-2012 05:29 PM
    I have rooted numerous devices in the past. I suppose I just don't want to deal with the wiping of the device when I unlock the boot loader

Wait, I may be able to skip that if I use the clean tool.

What is YOUT preferred method for painless rooting?

03-04-2012 06:03 PM
    The ONLY root we have left is to dev unlock and root via Amon-Ra(Custom Recovery) It's about as painless as it gets.
    humpagardengnome likes this.
    03-05-2012 07:58 AM
    MrSmith....

Thanks! I just have to if I want to wipe because of the unlock.... *sigh* all of this trouble because of the damn stock FB app, lol.

Thanks aagain,

Matt

03-05-2012 08:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD