Android market update question

NHBass39

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
Ok if I get a notification for updates in the market I pull down the notification bar and update,but it always asks me to agree. I hit ok,but this happens everytime I get the updates is this normal? If I go to and open the market on my own it does not ask me this it will just open. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

ace0187420

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
When you go into market press menu and go to my apps if any of your apps need updating they will be at the top.
But I think it's normal if you don't have auto updating turned on inside each individual app.

Sent from my Rezound using Tapatalk.

NHBass39

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
When you go into market press menu and go to my apps if any of your apps need updating they will be at the top.
But I think it's normal if you don't have auto updating turned on inside each individual app.
Sent from my Rezound using Tapatalk.

Thanks for the help. I am just wondering if the notification bar updates was normal with having to agree every time.

leozdad

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
if you look for the app play store it won't ask you for that at least mine doesn't and my "market" icon no longer works . Market doesn't even show on my listi of applications anymore ??? the new icon looks like a white box with a blue triangle in it

NHBass39

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
Try looking for play store in the app drawer and use that unstead of the market icon

I followed thses instructions and it did not update yet. Guess I need to wait.

The Google Play Store is rolling out to Android devices as we speak, erasing any memory of a destination once known as the Android Market. The apps, games, movies, and music all stay the same, but we?re now dealing with a new name and slightly new look (love it or hate it). If your getting impatient waiting for the transition to occur on your smartphone or tablet, try this quick and easy process to force the update:

Install or update to the latest version of Play Books, Play Movies, or Play Music
Navigate to Settings > Apps > Market and hit ?Clear data?
Open Play Books, Play Movies, or Play Music
Tap the Play Store icon and accept new terms of service
Welcome to the Google Play Store
The trick should work on most devices running Android 2.2 or above. If it doesn?t, try again and see if you can force the update. If it still doesn?t work, you might just be waiting until Google gets around to pushing it on their own.

Reactions: JayDawgsTheMan

buckifvr

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
I followed thses instructions and it did not update yet. Guess I need to wait.

The Google Play Store is rolling out to Android devices as we speak, erasing any memory of a destination once known as the Android Market. The apps, games, movies, and music all stay the same, but we?re now dealing with a new name and slightly new look (love it or hate it). If your getting impatient waiting for the transition to occur on your smartphone or tablet, try this quick and easy process to force the update:

Install or update to the latest version of Play Books, Play Movies, or Play Music
Navigate to Settings > Apps > Market and hit ?Clear data?
Open Play Books, Play Movies, or Play Music
Tap the Play Store icon and accept new terms of service
Welcome to the Google Play Store
The trick should work on most devices running Android 2.2 or above. If it doesn?t, try again and see if you can force the update. If it still doesn?t work, you might just be waiting until Google gets around to pushing it on their own.

If you are like me this trick did not work. The solution that worked was provided by ace0187420 was provided in a different thread. He shared the following download link

com.android.vending-2.apk

Follow the link and download and install the apk file onto your phone. This will install the new Google Play Store.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckm