strange texting problem

zrxoa1

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I had the iPhone 4 previous to the Rezound. I used imessage a lot with my friends with iPhones. now that I am on the Rezound, I can send a text to an iPhone but cannot receive text from those with iPhones on 5.0 or higher. anyone heard of this problem?

humpagardengnome

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
I had the iPhone 4 previous to the Rezound. I used imessage a lot with my friends with iPhones. now that I am on the Rezound, I can send a text to an iPhone but cannot receive text from those with iPhones on 5.0 or higher. anyone heard of this problem?

Is this applicable to your issue?
http://www.imore.com/2012/01/05/imessage-bug-time-easy-fix/

P.S. If I get publicly stoned by droid my fellow Droid owners, for posting that link. I wish you trapped in an elevator with a severely flatulent over weight man. :)

Last edited:

zrxoa1

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
That sounds like the problem but when I go to that page it only shows my iPod classic. Nothing there concerning the iPhone. Nice try though, thanks!

humpagardengnome

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
That sounds like the problem but when I go to that page it only shows my iPod classic. Nothing there concerning the iPhone. Nice try though, thanks!

I'm not familiar w/ Aplle devices but I have to believe the issue is applicable because the core issue is not device specific, iPod vs OS. It's messaging in iOS that doesn't play nice w/ Android, it's OS vs OS. You'd know better than I would though. It may be worth noting, there are very similar, pre existing, well documented bugs in the stock messaging framework of Sense 3.0/3.5 while running GB that has caused issues like yours between 2 android devices.. Only it's specifically affects android devices. This is the first I've read that was specified to
target iOS vs GB, though.

zrxoa1

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Ahhh I sure miss the days of the simple little flip phones that could take a drop down a flight of stairs and just keep right on working. just plain working. LOL.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon