I need an External Battery Pack / Charger

HES

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
I spend a lot of time in the outdoors camping, hunting, and what not. I can go for days with out being near a power source. So I am in the market for an external battery pack / charger. Has any one had any success with one or can they recommend one? Bonus points if anyone knows of one that I can connect to a photovoltaic (solar) panel so that during the day I can charge the battery pack and at night charge my Rezound.

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
My suggestion, grab the extended battery and turn everything except for the 1x radio off. Your battery should keep for a good long while even without charging. And as long as your solar charger kicks out 2a, you should be good.

Freebird808

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
I have the Anker Astro 5600mAh and love it. I also turn stuff off like others. But I refuse to put that fat extended battery on my phone. You just need to check the output voltage and rate on your solar charger.

bkrickles

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
I prefer this from amazon
2 batteries with a charger (not solar)
batteries as good as stock

Laza Zcell 1620mah HTC Rezound 2x Battery + Charger + Travel Case Combo

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
My suggestion, grab the extended battery and turn everything except for the 1x radio off. Your battery should keep for a good long while even without charging. And as long as your solar charger kicks out 2a, you should be good.

5v/1a is all you need. Actually, 500ma is the absolute minimum, but might not give enough charge if say you are using gps. I used the 5v/2a charger from my touchpad, and it only took in an amp anyways.

mrjam3s

Mar 2, 2010
Visit site
I ordered the Moto P983 from VZ, because I have business trip coming up. It has 1860 mah, should give me one full charge. I almost ordered the Anker Astro, but I had never heard of it so I went with a brand I knew.

Let us know what you decide.

idiotekniques

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
I have two New Trents. one is the imp70d, the other is a imp500.

have used both. love them. the imp70D is more convenient because it charges via a microUSB port so less cables to worry about.

have charged my zune while camping, droidx, and recently the rezound while on a plane trip.

check the reviews on amazon. fantastic products.

G671

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I have the "Anker Slim External Battery" (2700mAh, I think?). It's on Amazon. Only about $27. Has a retractable/self-storing charging cord. Great bang for the buck. Very slim. Slides into your pocket easily, even while connected to your phone. Has a built-in LED flashlight. Charges phone very quickly. Very handy for travel.

BensonClark

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
I would like to recommend the RAVPower 5200mAh. It works well with my Galaxy S2. I bring it everytime when I was on trip.
There's seven different connectors, which can charge different types of cellphones. You can get one for $27.99 on Amazon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair