Buy Rezound or wait?

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
That's great. Unfortunately, that doesn't change the fact that the Rezound is not using the current Android OS.

Sent from one of the following: Galaxy Nexus, Bionic or Xoom using Tapatalk.

As I said before, having ICS or not doesn't really matter to me that much, so long as the phone runs well. But glad we agree on something. :D

BiggestHorse

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
In 2nd week of ICS (leaked version with less Dev touches, 'cause I ran out of time) and can say

BT is solid vs. Not reliable on GB

ICS+ Browser is better for me than Dolphin on GB (just saying what I changed)

FaceLock from the Store rocks

details of Google Nav and even Phone have changed subtle ways that make my formerly awesome Rezound even better

I update Gmail, 3 Exchange accounts and several IMAP and FC in Mail is not an issue today

All I need is NFC and this would be Heaven

But I won't take the issues of a GNex just other NFC

the Biggest Horse has spoken. You may call the above 'manure' but that's why it works for me

NoYankees44

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
I'm sorry you are incapable of discussing my post with the personal attacks and name calling. At least you are satisfied with paying a premium price for a higher end phone that uses an operating system that is more than a year old and is not the current Android OS. I'm not sure at what point, I personally attacked you, or insulted you, but please do feel free to continue if that is what makes you feel special.

No offense dude, but you have borderline bashing ppl in this forum for a couple of days now. You have made some valid points and are of course entitled to your opinion, but don't be mad when ppl disagree with you over and over again about a phone you don't even own(as says your sig).

Not everyone is ok with settling for the flaws of the GN just to have a brand new os. They like me would rather have a better phone that is promised that os later or waiting months and months for a good phone with said os to come out.

Reactions: humpagardengnome

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
No offense dude, but you have borderline bashing ppl in this forum for a couple of days now. You have made some valid points and are of course entitled to your opinion, but don't be mad when ppl disagree with you over and over again about a phone you don't even own(as says your sig).

Not everyone is ok with settling for the flaws of the GN just to have a brand new os. They like me would rather have a better phone that is promised that os later or waiting months and months for a good phone with said os to come out.

I haven't bashed anyone. I'm sorry you feel stating an opinion equals name calling.

Sent from one of the following: Galaxy Nexus, Bionic or Xoom using Tapatalk.

venious

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site

Super Turtleman

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
Why? The Rezound will be updated within a month or two. I'm not trying to start an argument; I'm just curious why you think that way.

The Razr Max, for example, is super durable; definitely more so than the Nexus and has a fantastic battery life. Some people see value in that.

Very true statement. I chose the Maxx because for me the most important thing is battery life. I am a HEAVY POWER user and will drain my phones quick (especially running wifi hotspot for several hours at a time). The Maxx keeps my phone alive all day almost everyday...and that's unbeatable for me.

ICS will probably be nice at some point, as long as it's not bloated with bugs. The Nexus or Rezound just couldn't stand up to the Maxx in my personal test. But of course, that's what's great about Android. There's a phone that will meet most if not all your needs (including looks)...not a one size fits all like that other iPlatform.

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
What is this name calling you keep referencincing?

Indeed, I'm sorry, but I'm not going to connect the dots for you at this point. It is unfortunate that you are more interested in calling names, rather than sticking to the topic. Do you have any other derogatory names you'd like to cast?

humpagardengnome

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
Indeed, I'm sorry, but I'm not going to connect the dots for you at this point. It is unfortunate that you are more interested in calling names, rather than sticking to the topic. Do you have any other derogatory names you'd like to cast?

Actually, from everything I re-read, I still haven't called you a name yet, so no I don't. I apologize if you feel that post was an attack on you. It wasn't intended, in any way, to be personal. It was directed at the collective sentiment, based on several posts you've submitted in recent days. Just as you've opined in this forum, that was mine. I have no qualms with anybodys opinion if they share why. If what I said is offensive, derogatory or abusive of forum rules, please report me. If the mods feel that was out of line. I have no qualms w/ any reprecussions or being banned. But please, don't accuse me of things if you won't cite proof, not providing tells your not here to partake in a discussion. Just use a qwerty to incite & troll. If you would've shown me something valid I would've asked forgiveness of you. I'm far from close minded to others opinions and I don't visit any forum to get my rocks off on disrespecting people outright for their opinions.

xxfallacyxx

Bearded
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
Honestly, I love my Rezound. Don't listen to what the nay-sayers... say. It's a superb phone, and upgrading it to ICS is a simple procedure at this point. It certainly nullifies what the GNexus Elitists hold as their superb advantage over the stock Rezound.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't the Rezound still have the best screen on the market? 342ppi 720x1280 HD screen. It's still slightly better than the iPhone 4S's screen.

The Rezound has also shown a significantly better signal strength in personal usage. I compared with my buddy who has a RAZR and where he got 18mpbs on 4G, I was getting 25mbps. The test was done side by side in his living room, part of the Greater Providence 4G network.

Battery life is a short coming on the Rezound, but only if you're on the stock ROM. Unfortunately VZW has loaded the phone up on bloat, and it takes it's toll. On custom ICS ROMs I regularly see 24+ hours of normal phone use, texting, or web browsing. Watching videos still takes it's toll though, the HD screen gets hungry playing videos.

All that being said, at this point I'd say wait a month or two if you can. If you can't, then the Rezound or RAZR MAXX should be the phones to consider. Always go to a VZW store and hold both phones in hand, there is an appreciable difference in size between the RAZR and Rezound (yes, the RAZR is marketed as ultra slim and lightweight, but it's wider and taller than the Rezound so larger in hand. As well, the weight difference was significantly reduced with the MAXX, it's down to ~20grams difference, not noticeable if you're being honest with yourself.)

Reactions: buckifvr

humpagardengnome

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
Honestly, I love my Rezound. Don't listen to what the nay-sayers... say. It's a superb phone, and upgrading it to ICS is a simple procedure at this point. It certainly nullifies what the GNexus Elitists hold as their superb advantage over the stock Rezound.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't the Rezound still have the best screen on the market? 342ppi 720x1280 HD screen. It's still slightly better than the iPhone 4S's screen.

The Rezound has also shown a significantly better signal strength in personal usage. I compared with my buddy who has a RAZR and where he got 18mpbs on 4G, I was getting 25mbps. The test was done side by side in his living room, part of the Greater Providence 4G network.

Battery life is a short coming on the Rezound, but only if you're on the stock ROM. Unfortunately VZW has loaded the phone up on bloat, and it takes it's toll. On custom ICS ROMs I regularly see 24+ hours of normal phone use, texting, or web browsing. Watching videos still takes it's toll though, the HD shcreen gets hungry playing videos.

All that being said, at this point I'd say wait a month or two if you can. If you can't, then the Rezound or RAZR MAXX should be the phones to consider. Always go to a VZW store and hold both phones in hand, there is an appreciable difference in size between the RAZR and Rezound (yes, the RAZR is marketed as ultra slim and lightweight, but it's wider and taller than the Rezound so larger in hand. As well, the weight difference was significantly reduced with the MAXX, it's down to ~20grams difference, not noticeable if you're being honest with yourself.)

In my book a solid radio is worth the purchase alone. Your right, it's funny how some people act like your reduced to a life of wearing a belt & suspenders daily to hold up your pants if you own a Rezound. It's oddly shaped with the ext. battery & a bit heavier but if that's heavy to people. I'd recommend getting some 2lb. handweights and 1lb. ankle weights to help you get in shape.

rsohne

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
Haha yea the supposed weight "issue" with the Rezound always irked me.

When we decided 2 months ago to move to a more rural area in Florida we were forced to drop AT&T and go with the only carrier who had decent coverage in the area namely Verizon. My wife went with a Razr and me the Nexus. Don't get me wrong I loved the Nexus , but my wife's Razr consistently had better coverage where ever we went. The Razr would usually get 10 to 20 db better coverage than the Nexus. From our home my Nexus would consistently hang around 120db while my wife's Razr 93db. After going to the Verizon store many times in the last 2 months my Nexus was no different in signal strength than the store demo while the Razr always had better signal than the android flagship. What was really surpring was that the Rezound was usually 10db better than the Razr. Well today I picked up the Rezound and although I love ICS call quality became the most important feature for me. If I wouldnt have moved away from the city I might not have ever noticed the poor signal quality of the Nexus. What's the point of carrying a device if it doesn't work as intended. At this point I will probably sell my Nexus. If you live in an area with so-so coverage my advice is to stay away from the Nexus and go with the Rezound or Razr.

rebelguy

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
When we decided 2 months ago to move to a more rural area in Florida we were forced to drop AT&T and go with the only carrier who had decent coverage in the area namely Verizon. My wife went with a Razr and me the Nexus. Don't get me wrong I loved the Nexus , but my wife's Razr consistently had better coverage where ever we went. The Razr would usually get 10 to 20 db better coverage than the Nexus. From our home my Nexus would consistently hang around 120db while my wife's Razr 93db. After going to the Verizon store many times in the last 2 months my Nexus was no different in signal strength than the store demo while the Razr always had better signal than the android flagship. What was really surpring was that the Rezound was usually 10db better than the Razr. Well today I picked up the Rezound and although I love ICS call quality became the most important feature for me. If I wouldnt have moved away from the city I might not have ever noticed the poor signal quality of the Nexus. What's the point of carrying a device if it doesn't work as intended. At this point I will probably sell my Nexus. If you live in an area with so-so coverage my advice is to stay away from the Nexus and go with the Rezound or Razr.

That was one of the main reasons I returned the Nexus and switched back to the Rezound. First and foremost I need a cell phone to make calls and get my email. All the fluff is secondary. In my area the Nexus had terrible signal issues. The phone also has bad call quality, a terrible speakerphone and many other little problems Ice Cream Sandwich was fun but with the upcoming release of it for the Rezound it became a non-factor. IMO the Rezound is officially the best phone in Verizon's arsenal at this time.

Feb 8, 2012
Visit site
Love my Rezound very stable for me so far, I just wasn't impressed with anything Verizon had to offer me other than the Rezound. I am sure the Razr and others are decent in their own right but to me nothing beats this phone at this time, but thats just me.

Ravaloft

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Rezound has been the best out of box experience for an android phone for me. I use an extended battery and easily make it through a day.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Artistnos