In the toilet, third time's a charm and my head is spinning!

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
OK, so yeah, I am at the World Wildlife Zoo yesterday and inside the restroom at the Dillion?s Restaurant. I go to take my phone off my hip and BAM ... right in the frickin toilet goes my Rezound! :'(

I have had numerous problems since the wonderful water event and I dried all the pieces out over night in a bowl of uncooked rice, but I see definite screen damage. At least however, it is fully working right now. Yesterday I had nothing but a blue screen and this morning after my screen finally and reluctantly came back I could not text or make/receive calls. :(

Anyway, I ordered a new phone through Asurian and it is costing me $100 and another full day to customize .... FRACK!! :-$

So, this will my third Rezound in three months. The first one had a volume problem, the second one had a toilet problem and here?s to hoping the third one is GOLD!! :cool:

Oh ... the Asurian rep scared me for a minute. She said they had been having a glitch in their system and it looked as if the Rezound was out of stock. I started to panic, as I don?t want another phone. She found one and I should have it by Tuesday. :)

Now, I have to hope this one holds out for a few more days and I have up to 15 days to return the damaged phone. If mine can hold up for at least 10 more days that would be great because then I will have time to work on the new phone. ;)

Oh ... and please let the ICS rumor be true, because if I am going to have to customize all over again, let it be on a clean slate with the update. :p

Hope you?re all having a great weekend!

leroybrute

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
I thought Asurion would not replace a phone more than 2 times a year or is it 2 times period? Anyways sorry about your bathroom issues. Expensive roll of TP!

Reactions: skatergirl

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I thought Asurion would not replace a phone more than 2 times a year or is it 2 times period? Anyways sorry about your bathroom issues. Expensive roll of TP!

My first exchange was within the first 14 days, so it went straight through Verizon. So very fortunately this is my first exhange with Asurion. This is actually my first ever filed claim in all the years I have had insurance.

And yes, very expensive TP!

leroybrute

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
My first exchange was within the first 14 days, so it went straight through Verizon. So very fortunately this is my first exhange with Asurion. This is actually my first ever filed claim in all the years I have had insurance.

And yes, very expensive TP!

I have done several claims over the years but I have several lines to deal with. I have been hearing a lot about toilet dunkings lately. I seem to be more careful in the restroom lately.

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I have done several claims over the years but I have several lines to deal with. I have been hearing a lot about toilet dunkings lately. I seem to be more careful in the restroom lately.

It is amazing how after I started telling this story, how many similar toilet stories I've heard.

If I were like most girls, my phone would be in my purse, but I wear the sucker on my hip which caused this problem.

And in retrospect, I have had a number of close calls in the past. Soooooo, it looks like I am going to have to hang my phone on my purse as soon as I get into the restroom so this doesn't ever happen again.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Glad you had insurance. This is open enrollment too, until April 30th if anyone wants to add it that didn't have it yet. Don't worry though, I had 2 retail box replacements for my Rezound under the 90 day return policy since I bought it for $50 in November. Return policies depend on where you buy it from though.

kgirl808

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
It is amazing how after I started telling this story, how many similar toilet stories I've heard.

If I were like most girls, my phone would be in my purse, but I wear the sucker on my hip which caused this problem.

And in retrospect, I have had a number of close calls in the past. Soooooo, it looks like I am going to have to hang my phone on my purse as soon as I get into the restroom so this doesn't ever happen again.

And I am absolutely terrified of going near water w/ my phone! Somehow, there's like a toilet magnet that I think Verizon installs on my phone and always wants to take a dive in. I have been lucky so far (knocking on wood) w/ this phone but in the past I have given it a 10 for that lovely swan dive!

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
Ouch! Sorry to hear about your phone. :'( Dropping "My Precious" is one of my greatest fears! As much as I'd like to think it's been luck, I'll admit it's my OCD that it hasn't happened to date. :-[ Anyhoo, best wishes with your new phone! :D Oh, btw, your title made me laugh. :p

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Ouch! Sorry to hear about your phone. :'( Dropping "My Precious" is one of my greatest fears! As much as I'd like to think it's been luck, I'll admit it's my OCD that it hasn't happened to date. :-[ Anyhoo, best wishes with your new phone! :D Oh, btw, your title made me laugh. :p

I am going to become OCD about my phone from now on. I've gotten lucky a few times. My luck ended yesterday.

So glad you got a laugh out of the title!
:D

KSDroid01

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Seems like half my surfing time takes place on the porcelain throne...I dropped one of my OG Droids in, which is when I converted from shirt-pocket-carry to front pants pocket!

Last edited by a moderator:

KSDroid01

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Seems like half my surfing time takes place on the porcelain throne...I dropped one of my OG Droids in, which is when I converted from shirt-pocket-carry to front pants pocket! PS - nice to know that skatergirl appears to be a fellow Valley-of-the-Sun-er!

Last edited by a moderator:

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I have to tell you all that when the Asurion rep told me they might not have any Rezounds in stock, I panicked for two reasons.

1) I don't want a different phone.

2) You all are so funny here and you brighten up my day. I didn't want to leave my forum group!
:-*

veevans01

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
I have to tell you all that when the Asurion rep told me they might not have any Rezounds in stock, I panicked for two reasons.

2) You all are so funny here and you brighten up my day. I didn't want to leave my forum group!

We dint want you to leave either.

veevans01

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site

We dont want you to leave either.

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Soooooo, it looks like I am going to have to hang my phone on my purse as soon as I get into the restroom so this doesn't ever happen again.

I'm sorry about your phone, visualizing the look on your face is amusing (please don't take that as a nasty comment) ... your new approach should work much better.

Anyway, I usually keep my phone in my purse when I'm out, at home it sits on our breakfast bar or my desk and when I walk the dogs I put my headset on and wrap my phone in sheet of heavy duty paper towel that's been folded in half and tuck it inside my bra (no listening guys!). For many years this has worked very well. I figure if it's gonna fall out, it's got to fall out then under and out of my shirt so I'll have a chance to grab it as it makes its way out - hopefully before it hits the floor or something else that can do damage.

Good luck, hope your phone life expectancy is much longer this next time around.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463