Screen not centered

pretext

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Just got my rezound today from amazon wireless...so far great phone, but my screen is not centered and too far to the left. Is this a common problem on the rezound? Should I return it to amazon and have them send me another or can I exchange it at a Verizon store? Looking forward to hanging out in the rezound forum.

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Hey there, T-Rex!

Not sure if you can return the phone to Verizon, but for sure exchange it and get one that is not defective.

Welcome to the forum!!

pretext

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Hey there, T-Rex!

Not sure if you can return the phone to Verizon, but for sure exchange it and get one that is not defective.

Welcome to the forum!!

I'll go check out one of the display models at the Verizon store tomorrow and see if it's screen is off center also. If the display isn't off center then I'll exchange mine.

leroybrute

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
You need to go into horizontal and vertical adjustments and adjust the horizontal.

J/k. I got a bionic that had that problem. I tried factory reset after reading that it worked for a few others but didn't for me. Had to replace it. Verizon will not replace it either. You will have to go through amazon. You should return it and get the $50 Rezound from VZW.

pretext

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
You need to go into horizontal and vertical adjustments and adjust the horizontal.

J/k. I got a bionic that had that problem. I tried factory reset after reading that it worked for a few others but didn't for me. Had to replace it. Verizon will not replace it either. You will have to go through amazon. You should return it and get the $50 Rezound from VZW.

LOL! I'll try a factory reset and see if that works. Sucks I paid $80 for it from Amazon and now Verizon has it for $50. Is it even possible to return it to Amazon and then buy it online from Verizon?

humpagardengnome

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
LOL! I'll try a factory reset and see if that works. Sucks I paid $80 for it from Amazon and now Verizon has it for $50. Is it even possible to return it to Amazon and then buy it online from Verizon?

It should be, I think you can return to Amazon for at least 30 days. If not mistaken it's even a longer return period that that through Amazon. Check your terms of purchase. If within that timeframe, return it and buy through Big Red online.

pretext

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Factory reset didn't fix the screen issue. How would I go about buying from Verizon after returning the phone to Amazon, wouldn't that make me not a new customer anymore?

humpagardengnome

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
Factory reset didn't fix the screen issue. How would I go about buying from Verizon after returning the phone to Amazon, wouldn't that make me not a new customer anymore?

No, you still have a clean slate w/ Verizon since you bought 3rd party and returned it. Don't see how you could get any repercussions. Not 100% sure on this-> but you will probably have to wait for Verizon to recieve notification of the return from Amazon before purchasing via Big Red.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
No, you still have a clean slate w/ Verizon since you bought 3rd party and returned it. Don't see how you could get any repercussions. Not 100% sure on this-> but you will probably have to wait for Verizon to recieve notification of the return from Amazon before purchasing via Big Red.

do you have to pay the $35 fee?

pretext

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

Prolly not worth buying from Verizon since the $50 rezound promo ends on the ninth and no telling if everything could be handled by then. Would my account be cancelled with Verizon through Amazon and then I would just start fresh buying online from Verizon?

humpagardengnome

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
Sorry, forget previous posts. I doublechecked and I had Costco mixed w/ Amazon. If it's a swap, purchasing a phone via Amazon will do nothing to your current contractual terms w/ Big Red. Amazon just sells phones for Verizon, nothing more, if it's just an upgrade. You still have all warranty coverage from Verizon. Here's the catch on swapouts, Amazon will have to replace it w/in 14 days of purchase from then on you have to swap via Verizon for another 2 weeks. It is an insurance claim from then on. You'll need to contact Verizon about a price difference refund. I doubt you'd get credit for it since it was bought 3rd party.

Things get tricky if you return the phone to Amazon for good . Only to purchase the cheaper Verizon online offering shortly thereafter?

Read this for more info. AmazonWireless

Last edited:

pretext

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I'll just exchange it with Amazon then if the screen on the display model at Verizon isn't the same as mine. The screen is too far off for me to live with. Wish I would've known that Verizon was gonna drop the price and I would've ordered from them.

humpagardengnome

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
I'll just exchange it with Amazon then if the screen on the display model at Verizon isn't the same as mine. The screen is too far off for me to live with. Wish I would've known that Verizon was gonna drop the price and I would've ordered from them.

Is it offset on everything you pull up?

pretext

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Is it offset on everything you pull up?

Yes. The screen isn't centered in the black area around the screen. There's a 1/16 gap on the right side. For example, everything on the left side on the screen touches the black area around the screen but on the right side nothing on the screen touches the black area, there's a gap. Maybe I'm being ocd but it bothers me, LOL.

brandonx1000

rule the air.
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
Yes. The screen isn't centered in the black area around the screen. There's a 1/16 gap on the right side. For example, everything on the left side on the screen touches the black area around the screen but on the right side nothing on the screen touches the black area, there's a gap. Maybe I'm being ocd but it bothers me, LOL.

ive never seen this before, can you take a picture?

pretext

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Went to the Verizon store and checked out their display model and the screen is centered on theirs. Look at the right side of the screen in the pic and you can see the gap, really noticeable at the dock.