Who thinks the Rezound will get ICS Friday?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SurfingJerry

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
Coming from Palm Pre I'm used to this ruse.
That experience also now makes me nervous that htc and Google will be bought by HP who will summarily scrap Android.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Exactly. They, back in November, promised an ICS update. Imagine bringing your car to the mechanic and they tell you it will be ready in 2 hours. You call back in 2 hours and they say, "its not ready and we have no idea when it will." Poor customer service, right? HTC and Verizon are essentially doing the same thing to us.

This is true of just about any phone and carrier.hey, the sprint nexus s 4g finally got the ics push yesterday. I am not counting any previous update that may have started but stopped for whatever reason. And Nexus devices are supposed to be the first to get updates, which is not true for ics.

kroman1107

May 15, 2010
Visit site
That experience also now makes me nervous that htc and Google will be bought by HP who will summarily scrap Android.

....... Nah

Exactly. They, back in November, promised an ICS update. Imagine bringing your car to the mechanic and they tell you it will be ready in 2 hours. You call back in 2 hours and they say, "its not ready and we have no idea when it will." Poor customer service, right? HTC and Verizon are essentially doing the same thing to us.

Lol if the issue with my car was so bad they couldn't figure it out I wouldn't want it back. However long it takes them to work the bugs out is fine by me if anyone actually believed the Rezound would get ics today your crazy it would be the fastest software update Verizon has ever pushed out or at least in recent history.

humpagardengnome

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
.....However long it takes them to work the bugs out is fine by me if anyone actually believed the Rezound would get ics today your crazy it would be the fastest software update Verizon has ever pushed out or at least in recent history.

Or rather, give Verizon enough time to work some bugs in. By the end of my 2 year on the DX1, and a replacement DX2. I was convinced all Verizon OTAs were slowly poisoning my phones to death. It felt like it was being fed doses of rat poison every time I read about an update from Moto. It's disturbing how bad Moto & VZW, effed those phones up after release. I can't even power up and use my DX2 b/c it makes me wanna punch myself in the face within a few minutes of powering it up. After I got the Rez. I honestly wondered if they purposefully took a great phone and just sabotaged them slowly for 2 years to make sure I bought a new device on renewal ( I curse 4g for your glorious speed)

rhauer

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site

How was the transition. LOVE my Pre+, likely to take the plunge into Android today with the Rezound. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

twolastnames

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site

Not this. It's more like buying a car and the dealer says in a couple of months we will put a brand new engine that is coming out at that time in, and then you being shocked when it doesn't happen.

Phones are almost unique to this free upgrade business. Window and OSX make you pay for new versions....

I don't understand the outrage. Did Verizon or HTC tell you, you were getting an upgrade? No, a fuzzy cell phone pic of a best buy document did. I can't reiterate enough that people want these big companies to move slow on stuff like this. Verizon held up the GNex because of bugs, and that was for the better, but it didn't stop people from threatening mass murder if the phone was not released.

You have been able to get ICS for Months, and a solid official leak for 3 weeks, don't whine about not getting something you can get yourself (without rooting I may add).

leroybrute

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
Not this. It's more like buying a car and the dealer says in a couple of months we will put a brand new engine that is coming out at that time in, and then you being shocked when it doesn't happen.

Phones are almost unique to this free upgrade business. Window and OSX make you pay for new versions....

I don't understand the outrage. Did Verizon or HTC tell you, you were getting an upgrade? No, a fuzzy cell phone pic of a best buy document did. I can't reiterate enough that people want these big companies to move slow on stuff like this. Verizon held up the GNex because of bugs, and that was for the better, but it didn't stop people from threatening mass murder if the phone was not released.

You have been able to get ICS for Months, and a solid official leak for 3 weeks, don't whine about not getting something you can get yourself (without rooting I may add).

Not to be rude but VZW and hTC both told us we were gettting an ICS upgrade! In quarter 1 no less! Heard it with my own 2 ears when it was released. While side loading an unofficial official leak or unlocking and rooting, adding a custom rom is great and all but it would be nice to get what was promised without voiding warranty and taking a chance of damaging the phone. Some people bought this phone on that promise. I did. That's all. These phones have a very short life span and support. So the impatience should be understood to a degree.

I hate feeding trolls. Do you realize you read 12 pages just to whine about whining and make stupid comments.

Last edited:

twolastnames

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
You don't have to root or unlock, and neither seem to void your warranty. Unlocking says it "may" void your warranty, and we have maybe one case that anyone can find that Verizon charged a guy after returning an unlocked phone. Even this guy is not sure this is the reason for the charge, as he supposedly can't get an answer out of Verizon.

You really bought this phone on the promise of a first quarter ICS update? Not because of the screen, processor, form, however it made you feel when you picked it up over the way the gnex or razr made you feel?

I have no sympathy for this. If you want it so bad, and it's available, what's the problem? No matter what would have happened, somebody on this forum would be complaining about something. There will be bugs, no matter when it comes, and then we have to listen to people saying they should have waited until it was perfect. I DEMAND PERFECT SOFTWARE. Right.

I also like yelling about this sort of thing, only just a little more ridiculous.

I SWEAR, I WILL FART ON AN OLD PERSON IF I DON'T GET THIS UPDATE.

It's because of corporate greed that Verizon keeps it's customers waiting. They actually hate their customers, especially me. They told me, Yes, Mr. Verizon told me to my face when I called his office that I will switch to British cell company if I don't get Bunnies coming out of my USB port on the next update, which will happen when Verizon... I mean Hell freezes over.

dietsoda

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
How was the transition. LOVE my Pre+, likely to take the plunge into Android today with the Rezound. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

I was a Pre+ user and the upgrades goes over so many generations of improvement that it's incomparable. Like using an old C64 to a modern Pentium rig. It's that much of a difference. It's really replaced my need to access a desktop/laptop significantly since the Rezound works so well, especially with the bigger battery option, giving it worry free life. Nothing I miss about the Pre+ at all. In fact, I still have it as a backup unit and can use on wifi but guess what, I've never turned it back on since it's just that old and archaic. Pre+ had its moment and its long over. Don't hesitate to jump onboard a rezound.

NoYankees44

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
You don't have to root or unlock, and neither seem to void your warranty. Unlocking says it "may" void your warranty, and we have maybe one case that anyone can find that Verizon charged a guy after returning an unlocked phone. Even this guy is not sure this is the reason for the charge, as he supposedly can't get an answer out of Verizon.

You really bought this phone on the promise of a first quarter ICS update? Not because of the screen, processor, form, however it made you feel when you picked it up over the way the gnex or razr made you feel?

I have no sympathy for this. If you want it so bad, and it's available, what's the problem? No matter what would have happened, somebody on this forum would be complaining about something. There will be bugs, no matter when it comes, and then we have to listen to people saying they should have waited until it was perfect. I DEMAND PERFECT SOFTWARE. Right.

I also like yelling about this sort of thing, only just a little more ridiculous.

I SWEAR, I WILL FART ON AN OLD PERSON IF I DON'T GET THIS UPDATE.

It's because of corporate greed that Verizon keeps it's customers waiting. They actually hate their customers, especially me. They told me, Yes, Mr. Verizon told me to my face when I called his office that I will switch to British cell company if I don't get Bunnies coming out of my USB port on the next update, which will happen when Verizon... I mean Hell freezes over.

I SWEAR IF ONE MORE PERSON COMPLAINS ABOUT PEOPLE COMPLAINING ABOUT NOT GETTING ICS I AM GOING TO EAT SHOES!

See how freaking pointless that is. If you don't like ppl complaining then get off the internet. What you are doing is even more annoying and not helping anything

TBolt

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
Can someone please close this thread. We didn't get the update on Friday and it's just going to keep going....

No, keep it open. The OP meant NEXT Friday. And, the NEXT. And, the NEXT. Therefore, the thread is still relevant.

When we actually get the upgrade, the thread will be 1,000 pages long. Social scientists will research our behavior and see - firsthand - how r e t a r d e d a bunch of phone geeks can really be.

SurfingJerry

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
Yes, exactly my sentiments...
Except, I do miss the cards. That was the best way (for me) to switch tasks and especially while keeping them running and not losing state.

For those who thought I was serious in my OP about GOOG buying HP missed the sarcasm while I tried to put some perspective on having to wait for ICS.

I was a Pre+ user and the upgrades goes over so many generations of improvement that it's incomparable. Like using an old C64 to a modern Pentium rig. It's that much of a difference. It's really replaced my need to access a desktop/laptop significantly since the Rezound works so well, especially with the bigger battery option, giving it worry free life. Nothing I miss about the Pre+ at all. In fact, I still have it as a backup unit and can use on wifi but guess what, I've never turned it back on since it's just that old and archaic. Pre+ had its moment and its long over. Don't hesitate to jump onboard a rezound.

Status
Not open for further replies.