1st day with phone/no signal

foamerdave

Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Ok was happy as could be, got my rezound today. Charged it up, fired it up, and set up the wi-fi so I could play. Don't want to burn though my data leaning the new toy. All was well and fine, Made a few quick calls reserved one, played on facebook ect....
Tonight wife wanted to call me on her new rezound to see how it sounded. She said it went straight to voice mail. So I look at my phone and have no signal. Check the phone and have 0 for signal strength and the service state said out of service. Keep in mind my wife is 2ft from me with full service.
What I have tired. Made sure I did not hit airplane mode when setting up the wi-fi. Pulled the batt. sim and sd cards and let it sit for a few. beyond this I have not a clue of what to try. I know not a thing about smart phones as this is my 1st. I also have no clue of setting and where to find do things so the more detailed the help the better.
Thank you so much for your help Dave

humpagardengnome

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
Ok was happy as could be, got my rezound today. Charged it up, fired it up, and set up the wi-fi so I could play. Don't want to burn though my data leaning the new toy. All was well and fine, Made a few quick calls reserved one, played on facebook ect....
Tonight wife wanted to call me on her new rezound to see how it sounded. She said it went straight to voice mail. So I look at my phone and have no signal. Check the phone and have 0 for signal strength and the service state said out of service. Keep in mind my wife is 2ft from me with full service.
What I have tired. Made sure I did not hit airplane mode when setting up the wi-fi. Pulled the batt. sim and sd cards and let it sit for a few. beyond this I have not a clue of what to try. I know not a thing about smart phones as this is my 1st. I also have no clue of setting and where to find do things so the more detailed the help the better.

Verizon will likely just swap the device if it's a phone issue unless it's a localized network issue on their end. It may seem weird that her phone works and your doesn't. It's rare but this has happened before, GNex had a similar occurence awhile back. No other devices in an area were knocked of their network, except GNex owners. But Verizon was quick to acknowledge that and solved it shortly thereafter. Before you do any swap make sure it's not their network acting up.

If still without a signal, rather than check network from settings page, do this, from your home page, click on phone. Then dial *#*#4636#*#* click on phone information. First, see silver box that says run ping test, press it, what does it read in the 4 lines under that ping box. Now on same page, scroll down to the silver boxes at the bottom of the page. What are they all set to, right now?

Last edited:

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
Also, if your wifi is still working try downloading LTE switch. Change service type, then switch it back. See if it kicks your service back on.

Joker35

Jan 28, 2010
Visit site
You might need to have the LTE sim card replaced. That's what happened to me. After they replaced the Sim everything worked great.

Last edited:

Lactose The Intolerant

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site

Yesterday my phone went "no service" and I flipped out... it's not even a month old!

HOWEVER, I WAS ABLE TO FIX IT... you know all those metal pieces inside the back cover? Antennas! Don't believe it? take off your back cover and see if you have 3g service :) For whatever reason, not everything in the case as making contact with the phone... cleaned off the contacts, made sure the pieces in the case were not bent out of shape and BINGO - service restored with more bars than when I first received the phone.