gerrr facebook linked to my phonebook

foamerdave

Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I thought I said no to this when ask. Now the real killer for me is i play games on Facebook and have a ton of friends that I don't really know. How do I delete them as it won't let me edit them. I really don't need 500+ people I don't know in my contacts. Thanks Dave

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
It's not facebook, it's actually caused by Sense. Or rather the Sense compilation of the Facebook app. You'd need root(as mentioned above) to remove the HTC Facebook app and install the real Facebook app.

bellken

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
in your phone-> people->settings, you can chose to display only contacts with phone numbers, which, might help.

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
in your phone-> people->settings, you can chose to display only contacts with phone numbers, which, might help.

Some people actually put their numbers on Facebook...scary but true. The answer to this issue is to remove the contact sync from Facebook...just a warning it will turn back on. Which is why I said root, remove Facebook, install real Facebook from the market.

pheatton

Mar 30, 2010
Visit site
Settings -> Accounts and Sync -> Facebook Uncheck the Sync Contacts option. That will stop it from adding FB contacts or their info the your local contacts.

tarnak

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
Settings -> Accounts and Sync -> Facebook Uncheck the Sync Contacts option. That will stop it from adding FB contacts or their info the your local contacts.

Had the same issue some time ago, did the above and it worked just fine. You should eb able to do the same for texting as well (at least with handsent)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance