New ICS links

labs point

May 19, 2010
Visit site
I was obtaining a replacement Rezound yesterday at Best Buy per my Geek Squad plan. Second time for the boot loop problem. This one was a doozy. Completely draining the battery and overheating.

Point is for this thread the lady assisting me with my new refurb showed me on her screen the note from corporate that Saturday was the ICS update for Rezound.

For what its worth.

Reactions: skatergirl

TBolt

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site

nothing can change the fact that the smartphone from the Taiwanese smartphone and tablet manufacturer is one of the better-performing handsets in the whole Android ecosystem and is seen as one of the best handsets in the Android lineup of Verizon, if not the best,
I wish this site - and all other major blogs - gave the Rezound the credit PUBLICITY / SUPPORT it really deserves. More often than not, people ask which phone I have -- I say "the Rezound" and their eyes glaze over with a look that says, "what is that?"

Our Rezounds are truly the Rodney Dangerfield of the top-of-the-line Android devices. No RESPECT. NO RESPECT AT ALL.

Reactions: xxfallacyxx

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I was obtaining a replacement Rezound yesterday at Best Buy per my Geek Squad plan. Second time for the boot loop problem. This one was a doozy. Completely draining the battery and overheating.

Point is for this thread the lady assisting me with my new refurb showed me on her screen the note from corporate that Saturday was the ICS update for Rezound.

For what its worth.

Well, since you saw the memo on her screen with your own eyes, I think it is worth something. That being said, I am not holding my breath but of course hoping it is true.

xxfallacyxx

Bearded
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
I personally think the update rumor from best buy is a sale scheme.

I COMPLETELY agree with TBOLT in the underrated and under-publicized nature of the Rezound. Even here at AC I'm reading the One X reviews touting it as the best screen ever, yet it's pixel density is still less than the Rezound.

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
Well, since you saw the memo on her screen with your own eyes, I think it is worth something. That being said, I am not holding my breath but of course hoping it is true.

It's not. Sorry. Who updates on a Saturday?

*Calls customer service when ICS update bricks phone

"We're sorry our normal business hours are Monday thru Friday ...."

xxfallacyxx

Bearded
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
If it bricks the phone they should give you a replacement. A bricked phone isn't something the companies expect a customer to fix themselves.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
If it bricks the phone they should give you a replacement. A bricked phone isn't something the companies expect a customer to fix themselves.

If it bricks because of the update, then they will absolutely replace it under warranty

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8wca