Another show of hands ...

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Who thinks all heck is going to breakout once ICS hits the Rezound?

Significant updates are known to make messes that only factory resets can fix.

I was prepared to do a factory reset if necessary before my phone went for a swim last week. I want the new bells and whistles.

Anyway, those with rooted phones and who know more about the phones than some might have a bit of insight into if there are going to be lots of problems after the eventual update.

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
The new bells and whistles look a lot like the old ones. Which is one reason I don't like Sense...there's no sense of progression, just the same UI over and over again.

xxfallacyxx

Bearded
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
The Rezound really should get Sense 4.0, but I feel HTC is saving that to keep as a selling point for the One series. A shame really, it's like the Rezound is back burner already despite being on par with the One X

kcerica

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
I don't have a rezound and I just happened to click on this post but I thought the rezound and the razr was one of the newer awesome phones that came out not too long ago that were being compared to one another and ppl arguing over which is best. Am I wrong? This makes it sound like another phone that looked great on paper but hasn't gone anywhere since it came out and isn't as good as it should be? I was having high hopes for the new phones recently.

sent from my Reborn optimus s using taptalk

leroybrute

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
I don't have a rezound and I just happened to click on this post but I thought the rezound and the razr was one of the newer awesome phones that came out not too long ago that were being compared to one another and ppl arguing over which is best. Am I wrong? This makes it sound like another phone that looked great on paper but hasn't gone anywhere since it came out and isn't as good as it should be? I was having high hopes for the new phones recently.

The Rezound to me is the best overall phone on VZW.

xxfallacyxx

Bearded
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site

The Rezound not only looks great on paper but it also IS GREAT IN PERSON. Which is why there are those of us who are perturbed by just how overlooked it seems to be.

DRKayak

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
The Incredible went through the same life cycle, great phone, little attention until time passed and people figured out how great it was. The zound will be the same, then pass quietly into the night when the next GREAT phone comes along.

Deron Baker

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
I gave up my Droid Razr for a Rezound. Primarily because the Razr had no removable battery and thus I was stuck with the underpowered stock battery. Now the new line of HTC One phones have a non removable battery and no SD card slot. It's like we've regressed instead of progressed. 4 cores and a larger screen, yet the One X battery is only, like, 1800 mAh with no chance to increase it with an extended battery. I can already predict a horrible battery life on that phone. I learned my lesson with non removable batteries. Never again.

It will probably be at least a year, probably two, until there are apps out there which require 4 cores CPU. so as I see it, the Rezound is way better than the One X, except One X will have a little better screen.

Sent from HTC Rezound using Tapatalk.

Dovahkiin

One Man Wolfpack
Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
When ICS hits the Rezound, my cellular telephone journey will be complete.
I'll have the latest official software to go along with the greatest piece of mobile hardware this side of the pacific (until those mystical everlasting batteries are developed). I still get the "wow, your screen looks great" comments when showing videos and pictures on my phone.

chubb

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
Who thinks all heck is going to breakout once ICS hits the Rezound?

Significant updates are known to make messes that only factory resets can fix.

I was prepared to do a factory reset if necessary before my phone went for a swim last week. I want the new bells and whistles.

Anyway, those with rooted phones and who know more about the phones than some might have a bit of insight into if there are going to be lots of problems after the eventual update.

If you have to factory reset for an update your in bad shape. To get an OTA you should never have to reset. It should just update and be done.

twolastnames

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
Depends what you consider best all around. A galaxy nexus is good all around as is the Maxx.

What do you think we are going to say over here? I can't wait for ICS so the Nexus guys can finally prove they have a better phone?

Also, their are plenty of other people from other phones who had to do a factory reset after a major update to fix things.

TBolt

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
If you have to factory reset for an update your in bad shape. To get an OTA you should never have to reset. It should just update and be done.

Doesn't always work out that well. She's right to be ready for a reset. I am too.

Sent from my battery killer using Tapatalk

Reactions: skatergirl

kroman1107

May 15, 2010
Visit site
I gave up my Droid Razr for a Rezound. Primarily because the Razr had no removable battery and thus I was stuck with the underpowered stock battery. Now the new line of HTC One phones have a non removable battery and no SD card slot. It's like we've regressed instead of progressed. 4 cores and a larger screen, yet the One X battery is only, like, 1800 mAh with no chance to increase it with an extended battery. I can already predict a horrible battery life on that phone. I learned my lesson with non removable batteries. Never again.

It will probably be at least a year, probably two, until there are apps out there which require 4 cores CPU. so as I see it, the Rezound is way better than the One X, except One X will have a little better screen.

Sent from HTC Rezound using Tapatalk.

I agree a out the battery I'm sure there will be a a one x 2 or one x max that will have better battery life. That pisses me off if you can deliver better battery life or SLIGHTLY improve a device just do it don't be greedy jerks and release bs "special" editions of the same phone. My wife's rezound just came in today and it is just as worthy if not more then my gnex or a razor. I knew ics was not coming today common sense but it will be awesome when it does.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

humpagardengnome

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
I agree a out the battery I'm sure there will be a a one x 2 or one x max that will have better battery life. That pisses me off if you can deliver better battery life or SLIGHTLY improve a device just do it don't be greedy jerks and release bs "special" editions of the same phone. My wife's rezound just came in today and it is just as worthy if not more then my gnex or a razor. I knew ics was not coming today common sense but it will be awesome when it does.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

That beats the crap outta releasing "special" full priced developer editions. Thankfully, at least, that whole foray tanked badly on Moto.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2