Another show of hands ...

burwil

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
The Rezound is not as thin and eye catching as the Razr or as big and curvaceous as the Gnex. It's a plain Jane candy bar shape. And a fat one at that. Therefore it's a bad phone. I've even seen some posts here how the Gnex is preferred because it looks better than the Rezound when turned off. Form over function reigns.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Reactions: axne1

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
If you have to factory reset for an update your in bad shape. To get an OTA you should never have to reset. It should just update and be done.

My Droid X, along with tons of Droid Xs, needed factory resets after they were upgraded from Froyo to Gingerbread.

Steve54

Jan 2, 2011
Visit site
I agree. I prefer the SLCD screen over the AMOLED screen of my Gnex. My stock Rezound had much better battery life than my stock Gnex. If only the Rezound had NFC... :'(

Assuming you meant NFL, it's funny you mention that. NFL just downloaded to my Rezound this morning.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk

WhoMe

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
I think the update will go alright. If not, we will figure it out. We wouldn't be here if we weren't the types that can fix things or work around the sometimes clumsy software implimintations the OEMs and carrier put out.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

WhoMe

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
The Rezound is not as thin and eye catching as the Razr or as big and curvaceous as the Gnex. It's a plain Jane candy bar shape. And a fat one at that. Therefore it's a bad phone. I've even seen some posts here how the Gnex is preferred because it looks better than the Rezound when turned off. Form over function reigns.

Looks matter, of that there is no question. But we shouldn't sweat it. All phones no matter how pretty will be over shadowed by the next best thing. That's how this gadget thing works. Don't let people's obsession with form get you down about a phone most of you guys really like.

axne1

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
I agree. I prefer the SLCD screen over the AMOLED screen of my Gnex. My stock Rezound had much better battery life than my stock Gnex. If only the Rezound had NFC... :'(

???? I can't speak too much about your preferences but... I cannot believe you said that the Slcd screen looks better than Super Amoled. Seriously samsung gonna make a ton of money under next generation bezel-less Super Amoled display tvs? Idk I think some people love to kid their selves. IMO My 4.67 inch HD screen looks better than most people's TV's.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

humpagardengnome

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
???? I can't speak too much about your preferences but... I cannot believe you said that the Slcd screen looks better than Super Amoled. Seriously samsung gonna make a ton of money under next generation bezel-less Super Amoled display tvs? Idk I think some people love to kid their selves. IMO My 4.67 inch HD screen looks better than most people's TV's.

Read any reviews by anyone stating Super Amoled is better than S-LCD 2? Alll they did was improve on what was already better. I like Amoled tech. alot but I hate how the over saturation makes a white Irishman look like he's got the complexion of a Mexican.

Issemann

May 20, 2010
Visit site
I gave up my Droid Razr for a Rezound. Primarily because the Razr had no removable battery and thus I was stuck with the underpowered stock battery. Now the new line of HTC One phones have a non removable battery and no SD card slot. It's like we've regressed instead of progressed. 4 cores and a larger screen, yet the One X battery is only, like, 1800 mAh with no chance to increase it with an extended battery. I can already predict a horrible battery life on that phone. I learned my lesson with non removable batteries. Never again.

+1. I made tha vow when I gave up my iPhone 3G and got the Dinc. I've only had the Rezound for 2 days, but I can safely say its head & shoulders above my Bionic! It fits sooo much better in my hand. (Another reason I didn'tget the RAZR).

Only thing that bothers me in an ever so slightest bit is the colors in the Rezound don't 'pop' like on the Motorola phones.

humpagardengnome

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
+1. I made tha vow when I gave up my iPhone 3G and got the Dinc. I've only had the Rezound for 2 days, but I can safely say its head & shoulders above my Bionic! It fits sooo much better in my hand. (Another reason I didn'tget the RAZR).

Only thing that bothers me in an ever so slightest bit is the colors in the Rezound don't 'pop' like on the Motorola phones.

If you root, there are apps that allow you to adjust the color capacitators to a preferred saturation level. You can make the Rez very saturated if you like it that way, it can be toned down if used on a Moto/Sammy, as welll

Reactions: Issemann

xxfallacyxx

Bearded
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
The colors on the Rezound screen are realistic, and that's personally what I prefer. I don't need something over-saturated to make photos look better than they really are. the HD content on a Rezound screen.... it just doesn't need words to describe it.

To the person who said their GNex screen looks better than most TVs, I can only assume one of two things: They're either surrounded by 480p SD TVs, or they've never seen a 1080p tv with a true 1080p feed. It sucks that a lot of what you get through the cable box is still 720p, give or take a few programs.

Personally, in the department of aesthetics I think the Rezound is a clean and pretty timeless design. It's not a phone you're going to look at many years in the future and think to yourself "oh my, what WERE they thinking?". The flat-ness and wide/tall shapes of the RAZR and GNex just remind me of barges.

I'm okay with the unassuming visage, in fact I enjoy it a bit. Part of the reason why I purchased a 1991 Honda Prelude and had it towed from Albany NY to east coast MA. The car looks old, it looks like it wouldn't do much, but once I get into the curved roads it keeps up with modern sports cars with ease, and it's fun surprising people like that ;) Many a mustang own have been left wondering just how a ~21 year old FWD Honda just came out of the turn so much faster than they'd ever imagine possible.

mlbyanks11

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
I gave up my Droid Razr for a Rezound. Primarily because the Razr had no removable battery and thus I was stuck with the underpowered stock battery. Now the new line of HTC One phones have a non removable battery and no SD card slot. It's like we've regressed instead of progressed. 4 cores and a larger screen, yet the One X battery is only, like, 1800 mAh with no chance to increase it with an extended battery. I can already predict a horrible battery life on that phone. I learned my lesson with non removable batteries. Never again.

It will probably be at least a year, probably two, until there are apps out there which require 4 cores CPU. so as I see it, the Rezound is way better than the One X, except One X will have a little better screen.

Sent from HTC Rezound using Tapatalk.

Dude I gave up my RAZR too...I dont like motorola because every single one i owned accept for the first moto droid..was crap..I love HTC its awesome..Samsung is pretty sweet too but im sticking with HTC from now on..no doubt about it..but as far as ICS is concerned..VZW is so slow with updates its ridiculous..I used to work for the company and I heard it all the time customers complaining about the lack of updates..so

marco321

Mar 13, 2012
Visit site
The Rezound started on the back burner and looks like it's going to end on it.

Gee Smithy, cool atavar. But do I sense a wee bit of jealousy here? My Rezound is just great, even sans ICS. I don't really need such childish 'features' as 'face unlock', etc, anyway. Thankfully, the R has no 'NFC' chip, either - who needs everyone to read my phone?

Oh I forgot, Google is 'not evil', according to our esteemed editor.;)

axne1

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Read any reviews by anyone stating Super Amoled is better than S-LCD 2? Alll they did was improve on what was already better. I like Amoled tech. alot but I hate how the over saturation makes a white Irishman look like he's got the complexion of a Mexican.

I don't find that to be fact at all. Honestly everyone knows you can change rgb with any custom rom or kernel...

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I don't find that to be fact at all. Honestly everyone knows you can change rgb with any custom rom or kernel...

I'd be willing to bet that if I went out today and asked random people outside of online android forums, that 90% plus would not know this fact, nor would 90%+ be willing to install a custom rom even after they were made aware of the fact. In fact, I would be surprised if most regular people even knew what a custom rom or kernel was.

nrfitchett4

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
The new bells and whistles look a lot like the old ones. Which is one reason I don't like Sense...there's no sense of progression, just the same UI over and over again.

Really? More customization, less bloat is more of the same?

Doesn't always work out that well. She's right to be ready for a reset. I am too.

Sent from my battery killer using Tapatalk

I wpul expect it to need a hard reset. The sd mount points changed on the last leak so if it didnt reset you probably
wouldn't be able to access your storage.

The razr is thin but uncomfortable to hold. The galaxy nexus has inferior camera and no expandable storage.
Personally i think the rezound is going to be the last great htc android phone on verizon. No expandable storage i can deal with, but unless the battery is at least 2500mah, i want a removable one.

The slcd does look better than super amoled but maybe not super amoled plus. Not to mention colors are more realistic. To each their own.

nrfitchett4

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
Who thinks all heck is going to breakout once ICS hits the Rezound?

Significant updates are known to make messes that only factory resets can fix.

I was prepared to do a factory reset if necessary before my phone went for a swim last week. I want the new bells and whistles.

Anyway, those with rooted phones and who know more about the phones than some might have a bit of insight into if there are going to be lots of problems after the eventual update.

Expect to need to do a factory reset. The latest leak is nice. The only drawbacks I've seen is the new Radios when on 4g run hotter and cause a little more battery drain.

humpagardengnome

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
Really? More customization, less bloat is more of the same?
He's was using 3.6 since the Sensation rom was first modded and sampled many others. I can't speak for him but I'm in agreement w/ him. 3.5>3.6, is very much one in the same. If your rooted try the modded Sense 4.0 beta rom for the Rez. Eveb that's not all that different but at least it does show progression in the Sense UI.

Expect to need to do a factory reset. The latest leak is nice. The only drawbacks I've seen is the new Radios when on 4g run hotter and cause a little more battery drain.

That's not across the board, though. It seems likely that it has more to do with what the user is running more than the build itself.

humpagardengnome

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
Then they shoulda bought your phone if they didn't know. Lol. If you bought the Galaxy Nexus then you should of known that it is a developers phone. Most casual users use the resound, razor, and other droids. Anybody that knows a lot about android, and how to maximize the experience. I've never noticed any blue tent on my phone it's always been beautiful in the best looking phone I've ever seen and that's including your screen. ;) we're starting to see the bad signals and bad battery forms leave. I wonder if it's because a lot of people did root? Or the fact that some rushed to judgement about ice cream sandwich in the galaxy nexus. We have been the first to test this operating system. And thanks to us you guys will see ice cream sandwich......
One day... :)

First, off, you had ICS exclusively for about a month. It's been available for Rezound owners since Jan. So some of us rode the train w/ the Nexii along the way. Why do Nexus owners come here to brag about how they've had ICS all this time acting like it's been a great experience for them from moment they powered their GN on. Especially, knowing full well, it was a rushed released, buggy pain in the rump for many? It's looking good now but I don't think the updates got on the right track til 4.0.3 released.