Rezound or Bionic?

Ravaloft

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
I had a bionic and got verizon to put me in a rezound. I'm not even going into the problems I had with the bionic.

Long story short : get the rezound. It's like 50 bucks I think if you sign up online.

P. S. Get the extended battery. You can get it in the stores for $35 right now. Or at least you could last week...

jroc

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
I dont know much about the Bionic....but I am seriously thinking about getting one if any new phones dont get my attention.

I have a Rezound...2nd one....and overall.....I dont really like it. I guess it depends on how we use our phones. And what we notice compared to another phone. What we prefer, like. I am lucky to have a family plan so I can do some actual side by sides with another phone weeks at a time.

I wouldnt write off the Bionic so quick.

pappy53

Banned
Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
After reading some responses, and really looking at the Bionic, I think that is just as good, if not better, than the Rezound. IMHO, it is a bit faster, better call quality, signal strength, and build quality. Rezound screen is some better, but the Bionic screen is fine from an average distance. Anyone that says it is "horribly pixelated" is looking through a magnifying glass. Colors are better on the Bionic screen.

Issemann

May 20, 2010
Visit site
After reading some responses, and really looking at the Bionic, I think that is just as good, if not better, than the Rezound. IMHO, it is a bit faster, better call quality, signal strength, and build quality. Rezound screen is some better, but the Bionic screen is fine from an average distance. Anyone that says it is "horribly pixelated" is looking through a magnifying glass. Colors are better on the Bionic screen.

I disagree. Even after rooting, debloating and installing Eclipse 2.2, I think the Rezound still is faster. I also feel like I'm getting much better signal quality with the Rez- 3G, 4G and WiFi. Finally, the screen on the Rez is much sharper than the qHD Bionic, but the color saturation is better on the Bionic.

Stelv

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
Get the bionic if you like being without internet for periods of time and have no way to fix it yourself because the boot loader is locked.

Get the rezound if you want a phone that works in every aspect, has great development, screen, build quality, performance, connection, camera, etc. You will never lose connection with this phone.

And it does have something like swype. Its called trace keyboard on this phone.

sent from my Rezound

leroybrute

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
I am shocked that anyone would consider a Bionic over a Rezound or even compare the 2! Preference is preference but there is no comparison in any category or aspect of these phones!

jroc

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
I have lost connection with both Rezounds I had. Both got stuck in 1x in weak areas. Had to reboot both to fix it. Both dropped connections. There is no lte phone on Verizon that doesn't have connections issues. Some are just less annoying than others.

Both Rezound the volume got real low when on a call and using earphones. Just happens randomly.

Noise cancellation isnt as good as my RAZR. Both Rezounds ppl had trouble hearing me on the back of a bus.

I feel the notification light is too small on the Rezound.

I just don't really like the Rezound screen. Especially outside.

I like the cursor behavior better on my RAZR. I just like Motos latest way they do the cursor.

Trace keyboard isn't as good as Swype. On both phones it seemed to pick n choose when to trace.

I do think battery life is nice on the Rezound. I like some of the features of sense ui.

No phone is perfect. There are some things ppl don't like about all theses phones out right now. For outdoor use and call quality I am seriously considering the bionic.

Last edited:

leroybrute

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
I would gladly trade you a bionic for your crappy Rezound! :p My wife gave away her bionic and her friend complained and complained about it so I decided to box my bionic up so no one would complain to me about it.

I have had my Rezound since 11/14 and is my first phone that hasn't been replaced. My sons rezound had to be replaced because of the double screen but other than that we have had no issues with the 4 Resounds we have. Where we live data connection on the rezounds is stronger than my Razr Maxx and no need to involve My GNex. I would trust the bionic over the gnex but not over the razr or rezound.

pappy53

Banned
Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
Get the bionic if you like being without internet for periods of time and have no way to fix it yourself because the boot loader is locked.

Get the rezound if you want a phone that works in every aspect, has great development, screen, build quality, performance, connection, camera, etc. You will never lose connection with this phone.

And it does have something like swype. Its called trace keyboard on this phone.

sent from my Rezound

Without internet?-Never happened.
Screen?- Good, but not outdoors.
Build quality?- You obviously have never owned a Moto.
Performance?- Bionic is faster. Sense is much slower than Blur.
Connection?-Moto known for best radios.
Camera?-Rezound better there, but with Camera Zoom FX, Bionic is like a different camera.
The .902 update made the Bionic a different phone (a beast!).

vinny jr

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
No comparison, Rezound is by far the much better device. I think the Rezound has the best radios and strongest signal of all the LTE phones.

Sent from my Rezound using Tapatalk 2.

Reactions: leroybrute

Anonymous7532479

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
After reading through this thread, two things come to mind:

1) I literally always forget that the Bionic even exists, until someone brings it up. It was the hottest topic for close to a year - then it finally released, and it seemed instantly forgotten. I think it's kinda funny.

2) I always hear people talking about how they have tried all these different phones on their carrier. How does one manage to do that without having upgrades and paying full price for each phone? I love the Rezound, but the thought of keeping the same phone for two years really irritates me. I wish you could rent smartphones!

-mcskipp

leroybrute

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site

1) I literally always forget that the Bionic even exists, until someone brings it up. It was the hottest topic for close to a year - then it finally released, and it seemed instantly forgotten. I think it's kinda funny.

2) I always hear people talking about how they have tried all these different phones on their carrier. How does one manage to do that without having upgrades and paying full price for each phone? I love the Rezound, but the thought of keeping the same phone for two years really irritates me. I wish you could rent smartphones!

-mcskipp

I have 11 lines on 2 accounts. Always have an upgrade of some sort.

kulkaholic

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site

1) I always hear people talking about how they have tried all these different phones on their carrier. How does one manage to do that without having upgrades and paying full price for each phone? I love the Rezound, but the thought of keeping the same phone for two years really irritates me. I wish you could rent smartphones!

-mcskipp

I typically use my upgrade than will use my wifes a year later. She just wants phones and I can usually buy them for under a hundred.

Some people also get the enw phone than sell their old one on e-bay or crags list to offset the cost. Some also wait for Amazon deals.

Stelv

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
Without internet?-Never happened.
Screen?- Good, but not outdoors.
Build quality?- You obviously have never owned a Moto.
Performance?- Bionic is faster. Sense is much slower than Blur.
Connection?-Moto known for best radios.
Camera?-Rezound better there, but with Camera Zoom FX, Bionic is like a different camera.
The .902 update made the Bionic a different phone (a beast!).

Phones react differently for different people. There are a lot of factors at play. I have owned a droid 1 and a Bionic and my girl has the razr. Moto has good build quality, but so does htc. I do like the omap processor better than s3 in rezound but they are both superfast. Software is fine on both phones but development is not good on moto phones. Screens are both decent but rezound is much crisper.

Connection. Each update moto released for my bionic broke my data connection more and more. The leaked 901 worked but 902 wrecked my connection. And since the bootloader is locked and development is low we cant do much to fix the bionic on our own. I was using the restart connections app at least once a day to bring my internet back on the bionic. Vzw replaced my bionic with a rezound.

All in all the bionic wasnt horrible and perfomance was great but data drops and development were an annoyance to me. Also moto can care less about their customers and they treat their customers like they are worthless. If the phone has some kind of common known flaw...dont expect moto to fix it for you...they are only in the business of creating new model phones.

Sent from my Kindle Fire

Brandermill533

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Stelv, I am interested in how your girlfriend's razr compares to the bionic in the battery department. I went to verizon yesterday and the sales person said the motorola phones were not that good on battery life. She did not have anything bad to say about the rezound, just that I could get an extended battery for it.

I have found on these threads that the update for the bionic has been hit or miss in fixing the connectivity issue. Some say that it has helped dramatically and that it made it what the phone should have been. Others say that it made it worse. I would be interested in whether those with success ever rooted/romed their phones.

Stelv

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
Stelv, I am interested in how your girlfriend's razr compares to the bionic in the battery department. I went to verizon yesterday and the sales person said the motorola phones were not that good on battery life. She did not have anything bad to say about the rezound, just that I could get an extended battery for it.

I have found on these threads that the update for the bionic has been hit or miss in fixing the connectivity issue. Some say that it has helped dramatically and that it made it what the phone should have been. Others say that it made it worse. I would be interested in whether those with success ever rooted/romed their phones.

My Bionic was better with battery than my Rezound and the Razr. She has the original Razr and the battery life isn't great for her, but she has screen brightness all the way up, everything turned on and syncing all the time. The Rezound battery isn't great either unless it is running a custom rom. The extended battery for the Rezound provides good battery life. I use it when I travel.

If you like the Razr I would probably get the Razr Maxx because of the bigger battery. The biggest problem my girl has with Razr is battery, and she cannot add a extended battery to it because the battery is non removable. She ended up bringing an externel portable charger with her everywhere but it doesn't work that great.

On the data issues with the Bionic. I was rooted and tried every update including the leak to fix my data issues. The leak semi-fixed it but not totally. I also SBF'd back to stock and tried the latest software unrooted... my data drops were even worse. I could have had a bad model Bionic, but it seemed to be a common problem amongst a group of Bionic owners. Personally I wouldn't recommend the Bionic to anyone, on the chance that it may have these data issues. I do like the TI Omap processors in the motos over the qualcomm, but I hated the data drop issues and the locked bootloader/low development on motos.

My vote for best phone out of the ones on Verizon goes to the Rezound, but thats just my opinion

Reactions: Brandermill533

pappy53

Banned
Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
I can say, without a doubt, that my Bionic is PERFECT since .902 update. Best call quality, best reception, best speakerphone, great battery life, and unbeatable build quality.
I can say this from actual ownership, not reading a lot of forum complaints and then trashing a phone without ever having one.
And the G-Nex has had problems out the wazoo, but a huge portion of it's owners say "no problems with mine, so you must be wrong about yours". It has well known reception issues, and build quality is nowhere close to Moto or HTC.
Right now, if I had a Bionic, Rezound, and G-Nex in front of me and I could take my choice for the same price, I would choose the Bionic. And it will really be a BEAST with ICS!

Reactions: Brandermill533

Stelv

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
I am not saying your Bionic isn't perfect. Every phone is different. But my Bionic was not. 902 update ruined my connection. It was bad on 893 too. I SBF'd back and gave the 902 update a go again. Same results. Verizon admitted data drops have been a common problem with bionic and eventually gave me a Rezound. They also told me to stay away from Nexus because of signal issues. If you get a Bionic that doesn't drop data then all power to you, you have a good phone. You can't deny that at least a group of people are having constant data drops with the bionic, and its not tower or sim card related because my Rezound has had zero drops and I am using the same sim from my old bionic.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roshanchoudhary