[H] Removing Twitter & Gmail contacts

iLLusive

Vzw Staff
May 11, 2010
Visit site
So recently I noticed that somehow I have like 1000 contacts from these two places when I was making some new groups for work / school. So I did a few google searchs and tried what they stated, which was to go into gmail and use "contact" tab and remove these from all the contact list menus. Did that but still did not remove anything from my phone.

So can anyone tell me how to get these contacts that are in gmail no longer listed as contacts to be gone from my phones "people" directory and also how can I remove the twitter ones completely as well, without having to remove twitter?

Thanks for your help in this matter and I really hope this is possible.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
in the people app, click on "people" at the top and then click on the arrow down next to Google. Then deselect everything but the "my contacts" group. Just make sure to have all the contacts that you want in that group. You can also select whatever groups you want to use.

iLLusive

Vzw Staff
May 11, 2010
Visit site
Thanks dpham00 but maybe I was unclear but I want to COMPLETELY REMOVE these contacts I don't wish to just hide them in the "people" app I don't want my gmail / twitter contacts synced to my phone at all. You can remove them from apps like Facebook, just can't figure out these two.

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
Don't remove any accounts, In accounts and sync, under google you can choose not to sync contacts. I don't have twitter, but I'd assume the same were true.

iLLusive

Vzw Staff
May 11, 2010
Visit site
They are both set to not sync when you add a Google or Twitter acct they AUTO sync and you can't stop them before it does it thing the first time. When you just uncheck it, it just never does it again, but that doesn't help since it already puilled the contacts one time already :(

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I have an app from the Market called Contact Remover Plus. You might want to look it up and see if it might help you.

Sent from my Rezound via Tapatalk 2

jose acosta5

Jan 18, 2015
Visit site
So recently I noticed that somehow I have like 1000 contacts from these two places when I was making some new groups for work / school. So I did a few google searchs and tried what they stated, which was to go into gmail and use "contact" tab and remove these from all the contact list menus. Did that but still did not remove anything from my phone.

So can anyone tell me how to get these contacts that are in gmail no longer listed as contacts to be gone from my phones "people" directory and also how can I remove the twitter ones completely as well, without having to remove twitter?

Thanks for your help in this matter and I really hope this is possible.

1) Go to people app
2) Go to open account settings
3) click either Google or Twitter
4) Go to Authorize HTC sense and unauthorize it

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34