FaceBook Version 1.9.0 vs 1.8.4

stormfreezeup

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
Hello all,
just wondering if anyone else using the new updated version of Facebook 1.9.0 is having issues with this on there htc rezound. Super slow page load , pictures not displaying, etc ...
I ve tried uninstalling and reinstalling , clearing the cache , etc

My buddy has a moto maxx and has no issues with this update on his phone. Wondering if it depends on the model phone.

Also any one know of a way the get back the old version 1.8.4 with out rolling it back to the original version that the rezound shipped with? ( using manage apps feat under setting and goign to FaceBook and uninstall updates ) or where I can re download this version ?

Ravaloft

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
I didn't have any problems like that. In fact, I was satisfied by the speed improvements.

However, the only issue I had was the fact that it added two more icons to my app drawer. I didn't like that and didn't see an option to get rid of them.

I uninstalled the official Facebook app and installed friendcaster and now I am much happier.

xxfallacyxx

Bearded
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
Yea the extra unasked for icons are really annoying. Also the facebook camera app takes horrid photos.

I haven't noticed any issues on mine, but I'm on a different ROM from you. How long has it been since you've restarted the phone?

Also in general I just consider facebook's service (speeds and functionality) to be poor. Really wish G+ would have caught on, it's just a much better platform IMO

stormfreezeup

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
I restarted the phone multiple times. Just wish I could find a place download the 1.8.4 apk .

I also have the old version on my old phone if.I can do anything with that

Kaptain75329

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
The latest version of Facebook is being a supreme PITA on my Rezound as well. Not quite as bad on Wi-Fi, and for some reason forcing 3G seems to help a bit as well.

That said, clearly there's something wrong with this update. Attached is an APK pulled from my SD card. It was created via MyBackup, and should be installable. I'm not entirely certain if this is version 1.8.4; I made the backup on April 7th, the day I upgraded from the Thunderbolt. This was the most current version of the Facebook app at that time. Hope this helps.

stormfreezeup

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
The latest version of Facebook is being a supreme PITA on my Rezound as well. Not quite as bad on Wi-Fi, and for some reason forcing 3G seems to help a bit as well.

That said, clearly there's something wrong with this update. Attached is an APK pulled from my SD card. It was created via MyBackup, and should be installable. I'm not entirely certain if this is version 1.8.4; I made the backup on April 7th, the day I upgraded from the Thunderbolt. This was the most current version of the Facebook app at that time. Hope this helps.
KAPTAIN,

Thanks for the APK. Worked great ! I reinstalled this one and it was the last Version released 1.8.4.

So if any other Rezound users are experiencing issues with the latest facebook update that was released 1.9.0. please download this file listed from Kaptain...

Thanks again!

Deron Baker

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Also having major problems with the new Facebook app. I have a stock Rezound.

I've found that the mobile Facebook website is a better option and looks almost identical to the app.

Edit : just went to the new Facebook app on my tablet and the app works smoother on my Samsung tablet verses my Rezound. The problem seems to be isolated to the phone.

Sent from Tapatalk 2 on a Samsung Galaxy Tab 7 plus

joedirt2217

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Having same issues as posted above. Slow as hell and won't load most features. Just installed the file from Kaptain, works great!!!!!

Last edited:

Kaptain75329

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
KAPTAIN,

Thanks for the APK. Worked great ! I reinstalled this one and it was the last Version released 1.8.4.

So if any other Rezound users are experiencing issues with the latest facebook update that was released 1.9.0. please download this file listed from Kaptain...

Thanks again!

You're very welcome - happy to help. Couldn't deal with the performance issues either so I downgraded as well. Will be keeping the APK handy in case I need to do the same for the next update.

georgekn3mp

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
FB 1.9 Mostly seems to slow down when opening pictures from status updates or wall posts. Also seems to do progressive downloads where the image quality goes up like it starts with a preview rather the entire image at once. Maybe they forgot about LTE...
yeah im gonna downgrade it too with that older APK...for the first time sideloading. And yep tossing shortcuts and a different shortcut to Messenger on FB itself, I liked it better before.

alphabets

Nov 23, 2009
Visit site
not having any issues with the update. i thinks it's faster now than it was. as for the icons, i just hide them using apex launcher.

ace0187420

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
I'm having the same problem but only when I'm over the network I don't have the same problem over WiFi not sure what the difference is.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

stormfreezeup

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
Just got another FB update with "various bug fixes and improved performance"
Yeah I just tried the new Version 1.9.1 released on 4/24 and it is still loading slow. Better then the 1.9.0 version but it is still bad. The 1.8.4 Version the Kaptain posed is the best so far ... At least that's my experience with it. Plus you don't have all the CRAP shortcuts added also.

dunny78

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for this - registered just to get the 1.8.4 apk.

On Wildfire S notifications have completely stopped on 1.9.0 and 1.9.1, plus regular "connection lost" errors and battery drain (which the Wildfire can ill afford!)

Got this safely stored on my memory card now for when the next update that breaks the app again comes out!

Cheers!!!

cbo

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
Thanks!! Works great on my evo!! The new fb update keeps showing reload bar on the top left and seemed to be draining my phone.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Unknown