Does anyone regret not getting a Nexus?

jimbl

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
Looks like Murph pulled the trigger on a Nexus. I hope his is one of the bug free ones. Good luck! Can't imagine you'll like the screen and/or camera better, but to each his own.

TBolt

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
Absolutely no regrets after choosing the Rezound over GNex.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

Stelv

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
If I were to get a Nexus it would be the US GSM unlocked one from Google. I would use it on ATTs network. Verizon and Samsung radios have never played well together. Not to mention Verizon taints updates and withholds them from customers based on marketing strategies.

I like the Rezound better though. Can't beat HTC:)

humpagardengnome

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
If I were to get a Nexus it would be the US GSM unlocked one from Google. I would use it on ATTs network. Verizon and Samsung radios have never played well together. Not to mention Verizon taints updates and withholds them from customers based on marketing strategies.

I like the Rezound better though. Can't beat HTC:)

Usually, yes, but that is Googles phone and Verizon plays nice w/ them. All Verizon does is test update builds on their network w/ their GNex. Verizon can't slap bloat on that phone in an update.

Stelv

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
Usually, yes, but that is Googles phone and Verizon plays nice w/ them. All Verizon does is test update builds on their network w/ their GNex. Verizon can't slap bloat on that phone in an update.

Yes no bloat, but Verizon has the final say on when to release updates I believe because its their network. If they don't like some aspect of an update I think they can withhold it from their customers even if its a Google experience device. Not totally sure, but I believe the unlocked Nexus would get updates first.

Plus all the Samsungs I have used on Verizons network have had radio issues, it seems like these issues occur less on Samsung phones on other providers.

humpagardengnome

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
I took the plunge yesterday and upgrqded to the Nexus. It is a sweet, smooth device. Im glad i did it.

On the 15th morning of ownership, when the return period has desisted. Unlock that bootloader and see where the fun ish begins w/ android... Or keep it locked up like a princesses chastity belt and lead a normal, boring but happy existence. Good luck, w/ your selection. Now hit the road over to the second best forum on AC. LOL :p

Joker35

Jan 28, 2010
Visit site
i am completely happy i have my Rez. i will admit the Nexus is nice, but i love my Rez better. we will have the ICS soon enough & it's a wrap. plus i like HTC phones better. i just wish verizon would market the Rez better. they even market the Razr more then the Nexus. sad big red just sad...

kulkaholic

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
i am completely happy i have my Rez. i will admit the Nexus is nice, but i love my Rez better. we will have the ICS soon enough & it's a wrap. plus i like HTC phones better. i just wish verizon would market the Rez better. they even market the Razr more then the Nexus. sad big red just sad...

The rezound didn't get the marketing from the get go. They are now just off loading stock getting ready for the next htc.

metz65

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
If it's not a Droid Verizon isn't going to pay big bucks to market it.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

humpagardengnome

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
The rezound didn't get the marketing from the get go. They are now just off loading stock getting ready for the next htc.

Which is a shame to those poor souls who'll wander in to VZW for an upgrade and will be told the Dinc HD is now the cream of the HTC crop. It has some great specs and some very ho-hum ones, as well. It certainly doesn't leave the Rez in the dustbin on memory lane.

Irvgotti

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Keep the rezound. Drop a custom rom on that bad boy. You will be good. I have the gnex. I do love it. But if you are happy with what you have then keep it and root the lil guy

Reactions: axne1

HES

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
Other way around, I regret getting the Nexus first. Signal was crap, screen was inferior, camera is a joke in comparison. If my choice is ICS or a working phone, it's a simple choice.
That was my experience as well. I do miss ICS a bit, but at the end of the day the device needs to execute its core function.

jwp1223

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
Having owned the Nexus.......no. And here we are in April and we continue to see the Rezound v. Nexus comparisons. The horse has now been beaten into a fine pulp.

Sent from a hooka via a hash cloud.

103469d1316030180-dead-horse-test-dead_horse.gif

humpagardengnome

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
....at the end of the day the device needs to execute its core function.

I believe your misinformed, head over the GN forums. Do you see any threads complaining that it does not serve it's purpose well. If you'll notice not a single thread complaining about it's ineffectiveness as a portable paperweight. It executes it's core function quite well.

P.S. J/K, thiis post is my lurker lithmus test. I'm surprised they haven't descended on the thread yet.

Reactions: HES

xxfallacyxx

Bearded
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
^rofl
Except of course for the following:

In everyday real world use, it's just as good. I think that "a" wi-fi went out in 1956.LOL! Bionic is faster than Rezound, even with 1.2 processor.

Maybe I'm missing something then...

Benchmarking the Motorola DROID BIONIC

My Rezound on the stock GB ROM was benching 5,500-6,000 in antutu. Now I'm over 7,000 (not 9,000 :'( )

And the Bionic is a dual-core 1ghz, not 1.2ghz.

As for the wifi A capability, if your home router is Wifi N, you're operating on both the A and the B/G frequencies, so having the ability to access the 5ghz spectrum of the wifi A network is useful.

Last edited:

axne1

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Nope I'm Loving my Kanged Nexus with Franco's kernel!!!
No blue tint just :D:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

I know we won't be left behind...

Real question/ real answer

sent from a Android device :)
I'm always on!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae