Stock rezound boot times

mosman22

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
I've had my rezound since black Friday of last and thanks to Amazon only paid 1 cent. I absolutely love the phone and only have a few minor complaints. My biggiest gripe is the boot time, can vary but sometimes it can b stuck on the LTE splash screen for 5 min sometimes even longer. Is this common?

My last phone was a g2 and while I amittedly rooted that phone, even its stock Rom booted faster then my rezound. Bfore that I had a nexus one and that def booted faster then my rezound and I was running stock w the n1. I just don't understand why the rezound w its impressive specs takes so long to boot up.

One thing I have noticed when I turn on my phone in a place w no cell signal, like inside a movie theater its boots up almost instantly so it seems like locking onto the cell signal has something todo w it.

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
I just got mine the yesterday, but I have rebooted it about a 100 times (why yes, I tinker too much) but they have all been on a stock ROM.

I have yet to get 5 minutes. Sometimes 3 but usually 2 and under.

Yes I do believe the LTE radio adds to the time. Are you in a solid 4G area? If it has to look for a signal that might be contributing to your long load times.

krelvinaz

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
Settings -> Power ... bottom of the page.

Note if you do that, you can't easily get to hboot. With it off you can just power down and use the Volume Down button when powering on. With it turned on, you have to do a bat bull, use adb or some other app like QuickBoot (assuming you are rooted).

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I wouldn't bother with fast boot. It doesn't save much time and can cause problems with some apps.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
What apps does it cause problems with? I haven't come across any yet.

Occasionally, I have heard of some problems. Pretty rare. If you don't have any problems, then fine, but if you do, then you should try to disable it first. I personally never found much of a use for it, since we are talking about maybe a 20% reduction in starting time.

humpagardengnome

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
Occasionally, I have heard of some problems. Pretty rare. If you don't have any problems, then fine, but if you do, then you should try to disable it first. I personally never found much of a use for it, since we are talking about maybe a 20% reduction in starting time.

I read somewhere that if it's selected in settings on the stock rom. It skips opening several files at boot which causes issues in some apps. It was said to skip loading new files when prepping the sd card for use. True/False?? Never read or seen anything that corroborated or disproved it, so maybe someone can shed more light on this.

xxfallacyxx

Bearded
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
So at this point while H.A.G.G. provided a more technical hypothesis, we're otherwise facing a "my buddy's cousin's father's brother" situation.

I'm not trying to pick on anyone, just looking for a factual reason why fastboot interferes with apps, and why some people suggest that it shouldn't be left on when rarely does it ever cause problems.

humpagardengnome

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
So at this point while H.A.G.G. provided a more technical hypothesis, we're otherwise facing a "my buddy's cousin's father's brother" situation.

I'm not trying to pick on anyone, just looking for a factual reason why fastboot interferes with apps, and why some people suggest that it shouldn't be left on when rarely does it ever cause problems.

It doesn't interfere with apps in a direct way, really. Some apps need to be rebooted to accept changes and fastboot enabled won't allow them to take effect until a full reboot is completed. It's basically just sleep mode where the system isn't shutting down fully. I think it only can become an issue with uninstalling certain apps with fast boot enabled. It doesn't fully complete the action in the way it would unchecked.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol