Screen tint/warmth

dplane

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
All right folks so I recently changed out my Rezound to another new one right before my first 14 days were up due to a minor issue where I was getting some static during phone calls. Now, as I was about to put the "old" Rezound in the box to sent it back to VZW I noticed 2 things between the new and old phone;

1. I know this issue has come up before; the buttons on the bottom are more of a light red almost pinkish on the new phone whereas they were more deep red on the first one. The home and search buttons are a bit more red than the menu and back keys. As it doesn't interfere with the workings of the phone I'll just have to live with it but it's a slight annoyance nonetheless. I do wonder though how common this is.

2. A slightly more important "issue"; I noticed that the first phone's LCD seem to be more uni-formally cooler in its in color array..the whites were purer white whereas with this new one it has a faint yellow tint to it. Not as bad as AMOLED but between the 2 Rezounds it was noticeable. Google searching makes it appear as if this is something especially Iphone owners are faced with at times but also other phones. One theory I read is that the glue between the panels hasn't fully cured yet and that it goes away over time and turns clear as it should. I do not know whether the first Rezound had this out of the box and whether it went away during the course of the 2 weeks I had it because I had nothing to compare it to. It doesn't bug me much now because I don't have 2 Rezounds side by side anymore but it is still in the back of my mind. Has anyone noticed this with their device?

Perhaps I am just nitpicking again, the phone appears to be working fine otherwise.

stephanie85

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Are you sure you don't have a Samsung device ? All kidding aside when I had my Epic touch there was actually three others in my house at the same time ....all had a major to slight color temp ....one pinkish , one greenish , one yellowish etc ..... So I would suppose it happens with other devices as well .....my Rezound has a pinkish to its whites ...my co worker does not.

dplane

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Are you sure you don't have a Samsung device ? All kidding aside when I had my Epic touch there was actually three others in my house at the same time ....all had a major to slight color temp ....one pinkish , one greenish , one yellowish etc ..... So I would suppose it happens with other devices as well .....my Rezound has a pinkish to its whites ...my co worker does not.

Yeah it just really seems to be one of those things a person probably would not notice unless directly comparing multiple devices. Having said that..it seems the yellow went away or I do not notice it anymore..it seems to be more uniform across the screen now whereas before it was especially the top half that had the yellow hue. Perhaps the lcd had to "break in" or it was indeed a glue curing issue...that or I simply do not notice it now that I don't have it side by side with my previous Rez ;)

The pinkish keys still kinda bug me but whatever lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trudycharles