05-03-2012 11:30 AM
48 12
tools
    Those of you who know me know that I've impatiently waiting for ICS and I don't feel comfortable rooting. So I'm on day 5 with the Galaxy Nexus. It is, like the Rezound, a superb phone. The 2 benefits I've noticed over the Rezound are:
    1. Snappier UI
    2. FAST camera shudder speed.

The Rezound benefits:
    1. Durability
    2. Better radio (reception).

I'm hoping the 4.0.4 update fixes the radio bug.

Just wanted to update my change in equipment, and if anyone else is on the fence about changing phones, I'll answer questions as best I can. Please note this is not a flame thread. I gave up one great phone for another for personal reasons. That is all.
    Enjoy your new phone - glad you like it. There is way too much fanboyism in the threads and everyone should find a phone they like the whole time they are using it. I love my Dinc 2 (although if the Dinc 4G is everything they say it is it will be tough to pass by - May 10) but always looking at (while rarely buying) something better.
    05-02-2012 03:35 AM
    The note is a massive phone. Make sure your comfortable with the size.
    05-02-2012 08:14 AM
    good luck with the new phone, and, enjoy ICS
    05-02-2012 08:22 AM
    Good luck with the GNEX, i think it is a hardware problem, i had the GNEX and would get 1 bar at home (allentown, pa) Never had a reception issue with the Rezound or Spectrum in the same place. I rooted and flashed to the new radios and did not see any significant improvement in "db".
    05-02-2012 08:39 AM
    Ether, I live in Easton and work in Emmaus and had signal issues up the wazzou, especially by Lehigh U on 78.
    Updated to 4.04 radios helped but not much.
    They released an updated radio file from FA to FC and it has helped big time.

Bottom line is both of these devices were not pushed by Verizon at all. Nada.

It was and still is all about the razr/ maxx to them....and now with the maxx hd coming?

We are a distant memory.
    ether813 likes this.
    05-02-2012 08:41 AM
    When i flashed to the new radios i went from 0-1 bar to 1-2 bars at home, with db always around 114...went back to my rezound so i can actually make phone calls under my own roof...
    05-02-2012 09:03 AM
    Ether, I live in Easton and work in Emmaus and had signal issues up the wazzou, especially by Lehigh U on 78.
    Updated to 4.04 radios helped but not much.
    They released an updated radio file from FA to FC and it has helped big time.

Bottom line is both of these devices were not pushed by Verizon at all. Nada.

It was and still is all about the razr/ maxx to them....and now with the maxx hd coming?

We are a distant memory.
    As sad as it is, it's very true. If it weren't for AT&T boning the iPhone, I would have never thought I'd see a carrier love a single handset so much.
    05-02-2012 09:20 AM
    Well the Lehigh Valley 4g is getting upgraded so we shall see.

Mr. Smith agree 100%.
    And the annoying mother's day commerical with the mother daughter crying over the device.

I digress, but in the end we are all on the same OS and every phone has it's faults, but that's hy we are here, to learn and help each other out.
    ether813 likes this.
    05-02-2012 09:39 AM
    Well the Lehigh Valley 4g is getting upgraded so we shall see.

Mr. Smith agree 100%.
    And the annoying mother's day commerical with the mother daughter crying over the device.

I digress, but in the end we are all on the same OS and every phone has it's faults, but that's hy we are here, to learn and help each other out.
    I thought I was the only one that felt that way about that commerical. LOL!!!!!
    05-02-2012 09:46 AM
    I have to say that mother daughter RAZR commercial is beyond annoying. Talk about a couple of blithering idiots. My girlfriend and I were watching the NFL Draft last Thursday night and that stupid commercial was in heavy rotation. C'Mon Man! Talk about missing your target audience! Even my girl was highly annoyed by that commercial. We literally had to mute it every single time it came on. It really speaks to how much Verizon pushes the Droid brand to a fault! I know Verizon is a major sponsor of the NFL, but it's just beyond lame they pushed it so heavily to what they had to know was mainly a male audience. smh /rant

Anyway, back on topic; to the OP, enjoy your choice in phone! Gotta go with what works for you! No fault in that.
    Premium1 likes this.
    05-02-2012 10:40 AM
    I have a friend with a note. I went side by side with the resound. The notes screen was not as crisp as the rezound but the size makes up for it.

Was looking at youtube videos on a website side by side and the rezound was better and faster. Not by a ton but still better.

My buddy is 6'4" I am 6'1" and the phone looks fine in his hands but ginormous in mine.
    05-02-2012 10:57 AM
    What they didn't show in that commercial was the son at the Rezound display unit with a pair of Beats in his ears, grinning ear to ear.
    05-02-2012 11:00 AM
    I had a nexus and the poor signal made me send it back. (and 4.0.4 doesn't fix it) seems like its a hardware issue since multiple updates and radios have come and done nothing to fix the issue.
    05-02-2012 12:25 PM
    What they didn't show in that commercial was the son at the Rezound display unit with a pair of Beats in his ears, grinning ear to ear.
    or that you are capped at 4gb so that skype and gps usage will be gone in not time .
    05-02-2012 12:49 PM
    or that you are capped at 4gb so that skype and gps usage will be gone in not time .
    Yeah, really. You won't see a commercial touting those facts. We see "come buy this state of the art device and get a double your data plan, 2gb to 4gb and do all these wonderful things for 30 days. What they will never tell you in the small print is, "whatever you do, don't stream any videos or use gps cuz 30 becomes 7 and will drain your piggy bank dry monthly".
    05-02-2012 01:25 PM
    Yeah, really. You won't see a commercial touting those facts. We see "come buy this state of the art device and get a double your data plan, 2gb to 4gb and do all these wonderful things for 30 days. What they will never tell you in the small print is, "whatever you do, don't stream any videos or use gps cuz 30 becomes 7 and will drain your piggy bank dry monthly".
    That brings up a good question. For those that use less than 4GB/mo what do you use data for? If I was on activesync I'd get blown out of the water on my initial sync. I think I kill the 4 GB within a week just listening to Pandora and my cloud music on Google Music(and maybe a netflix movie or two).
    05-02-2012 01:39 PM
    That brings up a good question. For those that use less than 4GB/mo what do you use data for? If I was on activesync I'd get blown out of the water on my initial sync. I think I kill the 4 GB within a week just listening to Pandora and my cloud music on Google Music(and maybe a netflix movie or two).
    well i consider myself a heavy data user but coming from a dinc2 even though I have unlimited data i never pushed past 4gb a month. I believe my max was 2gb and my average is close to 1.3gb a month. But now that I have a 4g device I have been streaming movies n music like crazy and running games alot more. I personally think it may just depend on the type of device you have.
    05-02-2012 02:11 PM
    Hahaha yea... I streamed 1GB of music in one day through Google Music. That was several hours set to always stream high quality.

Thankfully, I'm on a grandfathered unlimited plan. Oddly enough I never find myself somewhere where I can watch Netflix with my phone. Most of my streaming is done at work or while driving.
    05-02-2012 02:12 PM
    I had a nexus and the poor signal made me send it back. (and 4.0.4 doesn't fix it) seems like its a hardware issue since multiple updates and radios have come and done nothing to fix the issue.
    If it is a hardware issue, why is it so many people do not have the problem you experienced?
    05-02-2012 02:14 PM
    If it is a hardware issue, why is it so many people do not have the problem you experienced?
    That's another $64k question? Right up there with, why do some get bootlooped, others have no clue what a boot loop is? Why did/do large swaths of people not experience the national outages when they happen? Last time around, everybody around me got hit, I had nary a network hiccup during that time period. As tech. advanced as Android phones and users are, they are still an enigma to me.
    05-02-2012 02:41 PM
    I'm wondering if anyone downloads large files on their phone. Like .zip and .rar.
    When I'm not at home, I just click a link and let it download on 4G. Verizon won't mind. What's a couple of 500MB packages between friends?
    05-02-2012 02:56 PM
    Maybe only a percentage of the hardware is bad? We may never know the truth.
    05-03-2012 10:52 AM
    Maybe only a percentage of the hardware is bad? We may never know the truth.
    But the Truth is out there
    05-03-2012 11:30 AM
48 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD