Goodbye Rezound!

Murph5150

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Those of you who know me know that I've impatiently waiting for ICS and I don't feel comfortable rooting. So I'm on day 5 with the Galaxy Nexus. It is, like the Rezound, a superb phone. The 2 benefits I've noticed over the Rezound are:
1. Snappier UI
2. FAST camera shudder speed.

The Rezound benefits:
1. Durability
2. Better radio (reception).

I'm hoping the 4.0.4 update fixes the radio bug.

Just wanted to update my change in equipment, and if anyone else is on the fence about changing phones, I'll answer questions as best I can. Please note this is not a flame thread. I gave up one great phone for another for personal reasons. That is all.

dplane

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Just out of curiosity I'd like whoever has an answer to respond to my comments below as I have considered the Nexus instead of the Rezound in the past.

The 2 benefits I've noticed over the Rezound are:
1. Snappier UI: for those who have their Rezound rooted and running ICS..has this equalized the playing field between the Nexus and the Rez due to the hardware acceleration?

2. FAST camera shudder speed: Murph; I absolutely love the camera on the Rez and the slight shutter delay does not bother me after the D2. Some of the camera shots I've seen from the Nexus are anything but impressive though those were tech review websites which may have had some bias. Is the Rez camera truly a lot higher quality than the Nexus as it appears to be, or does the Nexus fare better than the websites give it credit for?

The Rezound benefits:
1. Durability; Neither have gorilla glass so it would be interesting to do a scratch test between the 2 phones and see what non corning glass performs better. Who volunteers their phones? ;-)
2. Better radio (reception): Hope that one will indeed be resolved for ya in an upcoming update!

Enjoy your new phone!

jimbl

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
Truly glad you're liking it. If my Nexus didn't have MAJOR signal / data issues I'd still have it and be happy. I still feel I'm lucky though, because I think the screen and camera are better on the Rezound. I use the camera a lot, and the screen every time I use my phone, so those are big factors for me.

jimbl

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
Just out of curiosity I'd like whoever has an answer to respond to my comments below as I have considered the Nexus instead of the Rezound in the past.

I can answer your camera question. In my opinion the Rezound camera is better. The only thing the Nexus had on the Rezound camera was shutter speed. Which is moot if every picture is out of focus. It was almost like it couldn't focus quick enough to keep up.

As far as the screen, not sure on durability, but the Nexus had far less glare. That I liked.

NoYankees44

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
Lol don't expect that update any more than we are expecting ics for the rezound ;) . O and also make sure that the signal is enough for you. Time and time again phones have had signal issues that never are resolved and are always waiting on that next update.

Other than that, good luck and enjoy your new phone. If you ever do decide to root, you got a good one for it.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW

Murph5150

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
I can answer your camera question. In my opinion the Rezound camera is better. The only thing the Nexus had on the Rezound camera was shutter speed. Which is moot if every picture is out of focus. It was almost like it couldn't focus quick enough to keep up.

As far as the screen, not sure on durability, but the Nexus had far less glare. That I liked.
I agree, the picture quality is better. The only problem with my Rezound was when I went to take pictures, it would comebout fuzzy unless everything was still.

Murph5150

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Lol don't expect that update any more than we are expecting ics for the rezound ;) . O and also make sure that the signal is enough for you. Time and time again phones have had signal issues that never are resolved and are always waiting on that next update.

Other than that, good luck and enjoy your new phone. If you ever do decide to root, you got a good one for it.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW
Signal strength is not as good as the Rezound, but the difference is minor. And I'm not holding my breath for 4.0.4 lol.

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
Signal strength is not as good as the Rezound, but the difference is minor. And I'm not holding my breath for 4.0.4 lol.

The GN's signal issues are due to weak radio/antennae not software. At best they can make it more bearable with software but never make them anywhere near as good as it would be with better radio hardware. It's Samsung's kryptonite.

Murph5150

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
The GN's signal issues are due to weak radio/antennae not software. At best they can make it more bearable with software but never make them anywhere near as good as it would be with better radio hardware. It's Samsung's kryptonite.

People who have rooted to 4.0.4 have reported increased signal strength.

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site

Enjoy your new phone!

I would say that final ICS leak will level the playing field. Once there is some harmony with the kernels and the OS. No I have not run any of the leaks (still on a self imposed sabbatical with this phone from flashing) but as always final > leaks, even if the leaks, and especially the devs working on them, are good. I am curious to know what version we are going to see. I would hazard a guess that it is going to be 4.0.3 but someone will get the 4.0.4 stuff in there. I know we aren't supposed to get it, but S4 seems to be a huge improvement.

As far as the camera goes. I hope they do not reall change it (or that this APK plays nice with ICS). Coming from the Charge, this thing is a dream....

Durability...I guess I am not one of the picky ones on this. I liked my Charge as much as I like this one. Shape is another story. I loved the way that the charge felt in my hand, and the ReZ is just a tad too narrow for me. I know that the 16:9 is going to be the norm so it is my issue and I just have to get over it...lol

Call quality is leaps and bounds ahead of Sammy. They need to steal the "antennae on the battery door" idea an run with it....

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc