Verizon car dock

jwalker007

May 15, 2010
Visit site
I have a question about the Verizon car dock for the Rezound. I travel for work and I take a generic car dock for the rental cars. I like to keep my phone in landscape while mounted but all the homescreens stay in portrait. Can anyone tell me if the Verizon car dock forces landscape when using the phone such as contacts? Thanks

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

jpoutre

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
I have a question about the Verizon car dock for the Rezound. I travel for work and I take a generic car dock for the rental cars. I like to keep my phone in landscape while mounted but all the homescreens stay in portrait. Can anyone tell me if the Verizon car dock forces landscape when using the phone such as contacts? Thanks

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

I have it and use the CAR DOCK app from the market and I use the landscape mode fine.

Reactions: jwalker007

dplane

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Another thing to consider would be Vlingo with it's voice guided car dock setting. Pretty handy..and it also integrates with Google Nav as well as calling, etc.

jwalker007

May 15, 2010
Visit site
I'm sorry that I didn't explain very well. When I go to the phone app for example when in landscape, the contacts are all still in portrait and it makes it hard to read while driving with a generic holder. I wanted to know if the Verizon dock makes it override the system and makes everything show up in landscape. Thanks.

rootbrain

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
Scott's CleanROM GBE 1.7 has a car panel and a dock mode. With the car panel, all functions are working in landscape, even the phone. Not sure if this is VZ version or what.

Reactions: jwalker007

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dedehammac