Root Rezound

etc91

May 3, 2012
Visit site
I have heard for the longest how great it is to root ur phone. Wanted to know what, other than getting rid of bloatware, are the pros of this and second, how do I do it? I don't want to end up doing something that killz my phone.

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
The Rezound is next to impossible to kill/brick so long as you don't go S-Off. As long as you stay within the HTC safety blanket, then you're good.

Wanda

May 6, 2010
Visit site
I have heard for the longest how great it is to root ur phone. Wanted to know what, other than getting rid of bloatware, are the pros of this and second, how do I do it? I don't want to end up doing something that killz my phone.

If getting rid of bloatware and all that VZ crap isn't reason enough then I don't know what is? I mean, a fricken golf game? Not a golf fan!! NFL Live app? I don't even watch football!!

Ok, now that that's out of the way, the pro's would be de-bloating, receiving updates while the big V sits on them (many of us have been enjoying ICS for several weeks if not months now and Sense 4.0 as well), and a level of customization that you can't attain by sticking to "out of the box." Another pro is being able to make complete backup's of you entire system. Can't do that with unrooting. Also, in a weird way, it's satisfying and enjoyable.

Con's...well there's the warranty thing if you're into that. Some ROM's can be buggy so be careful what you load onto your phone, that's the price you pay for being on the cutting edge (though a ROM based on an OS that was released months ago isn't really that cutting edge anymore).

As you'll find out, there really isn't much you can do to this thing to brick it. You may get into a tight spot but there's always a way back.

You could root, see if it's for you and if not you could still go back to unrooted though that may leave the dreaded "Tampered" label on your bootloader but honestly, who looks at that?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Artistnos