Has Verizon lost their collective minds?

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Camera, yeah
processor debatable yet, need real world
screen had them both, HTC is a leg up but it is thisclose
bigger battery on the GS3 but no real world testing--call it a wash

Removable battery, SD card slot

Not a blowout

Based on what we've seen out of the S4 in other phones, I'd call it a no contest. S4 wins, on paper. Plus the graphics would be pushing out to a smaller screen.

Based on that alone, I'd call it a blowout. Everyday use - the DINC4G should win.

But my opinion doesn't matter. It's just based on "on-paper" specs. It's funny to see people get so defensive about their phone.

xxfallacyxx

Bearded
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
I'd look in the mirror before I laughed at other people getting defensive.

Real world is where a true comparison will happen, and guess what... the One X will playing Angry Birds at the exact same pace as the HTC Rezound. Benchmarking is a good tool for testing purposes, but in the phone world it does very little for day to day use.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

Real world is where a true comparison will happen, and guess what... the One X will playing Angry Birds at the exact same pace as the HTC Rezound. Benchmarking is a good tool for testing purposes, but in the phone world it does very little for day to day use.

Hello mirror.

The DINC4G isn't out yet. No one that has posted in this thread knows how much better the DINC4G will be over the Rezound.

Let's all get "upset" about other people's opinions.

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
How did the dinc4g get into this conversation?

In the end it really doesnt matter. You have what you have, and you will get whatever works for you.

I would take the rezound over both the X and the SGIII right at this moment. Especially right now running ICS....

Time will tell how it all shakes out. i will be skipping this "summer generation" and see where I am for the holiday season

leroybrute

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
The answer is in the pudding, oh I mean the screen. Do you want a 4" 960x540 qhd screen or a 4.3" 720p screen! In my opinion the dinc4g could have an 8 core flux capacitor and a 32mp camera in it and I still wouldn't replace my rezound with it. Just because of screen size and resolution alone.

pappy53

Banned
Dec 23, 2009
Visit site

Exactly what I was trying to tell you about the Bionic- Real world is what matters and the Bionic holds it's own.

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
So I walk into vzw ready to upgrade. Sells rep attack explain what I want they then say u want A android phone I go no I want iPhone which is the back corner by itself. She explain razor maxx and nexus are there top android phones with amazing specs. No word about rezound. This is what vzw is doing pushing Android not iPhone. And its always been if u don't have a droid branded android u have a 2 class phone.
Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

experiment 626

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone reviewed the S4's battery performance while using LTE ? It seems all the reviews I've read were by people using a HSPA+ network.

babytazz18

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
It doesn't matter what they call it. Laypeople call everything that isn't an iphone a droid. and that's if they aren't calling it a iphone already.

This is true. You find alot of people call all androids just "droids". They think they are all the same like "iphones".

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
There isn't a device out there now that I want to upgrade with even if I was able to upgrade.
I have been happy with the Thunderbolt and have not had major issues. I have to say this is the first phone in a long time that has been virtually trouble free for me. Had minor tweaks but I am very pleased. Until there is a phone I like as much as this, am staying with it.
I love HTC devices but the ones being released are not an upgrade for me in my opinion.
It is a personal choice and I hope everyone is happy with their phone. That's what matters most, being happy with WHAT you have. You don't have to follow the leader.....
Someone may think there is better out there.
I have a friend who has the Rezound and she is happy with it. She wanted the bolt, but it is no longer offered so she went with the Rezound. I wish they would leave well enough alone and allow phones to have longer life than one year. The kept the dreaded Blackberry Storm forever and yet, the Bolt....only one year

Reactions: leroybrute

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
The kept the dreaded Blackberry Storm forever and yet, the Bolt....only one year

That's because the Storm technically isn't/wasn't a smart phone and RIM tried their best to not innovate further than a crappy clicky touch screen. Sorry but BB is the one "phone" I completely endorse bashing. RIM has held the keys far too long and they returned the car with no gas and on fire with a gang of hungry zombies in the back.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
you can still buy the thunderbolt, I just checked best buy's website. With that said, I had the thunderbolt and had problems with data connection,random reboots and shut down , but I know many that had no problems. My rezound didn't have those problems, that alone is worth it to me, and I got it for $50 on upgrade less than 2 weeks after release, so cost was comparable to the thunderbolt at the time.

lpt2569

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
I think the whole "Droid" branding thing definitely has a lot to do with what VZW pushes, in my opinion. My clunky but loveable Samsung Droid Charge is still available as a new device from VZW, probably because 1) It's a "Droid", 2) There is nothing else from Samsung at the moment to replace it in their "Droid" lineup, and 3) They probably have lots of stock left of this phone anyway!

The Droid Incredible 4G will become the flagship HTC phone for VZW for awhile, I'm sure of it. It's all about the branding, makes it a lot easier to sell for the folks in the stores. They have a Droid branded device from each of the major mfg's, just how they like it.

Reactions: Ry

coolbreeze

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
There isn't a device out there now that I want to upgrade with even if I was able to upgrade.
I have been happy with the Thunderbolt and have not had major issues. I have to say this is the first phone in a long time that has been virtually trouble free for me. Had minor tweaks but I am very pleased. Until there is a phone I like as much as this, am staying with it.
I love HTC devices but the ones being released are not an upgrade for me in my opinion.
It is a personal choice and I hope everyone is happy with their phone. That's what matters most, being happy with WHAT you have. You don't have to follow the leader.....
Someone may think there is better out there.
I have a friend who has the Rezound and she is happy with it. She wanted the bolt, but it is no longer offered so she went with the Rezound. I wish they would leave well enough alone and allow phones to have longer life than one year. The kept the dreaded Blackberry Storm forever and yet, the Bolt....only one year

Last year I got my wife and I both Thunderbolts. She dropped her's and cracked the screen in November . When this upgrade came available in February, I offered it to her since her phone was cracked. She wouldn't take a new phone because she likes the Thunderbolt so much. So I got the Rezound and gave her my Thunderbolt. I'm sure she can relate to how you feel.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
It was actually the TB that sorta got me to the ReZound.

My daughter had a TB, while I had my clunky but beloved Charge. She had a ton of issues with it to start and just hated it. Would she let me touch it? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO...even thought I am an IT guy and have been playing with these things forever (but I digress).

Anyway, she wanted a iCrap so when one of our upgrades came along, we gave it to her on the condition she gave me the TB. I wanted to just play around with it.

Well i did play around, played around some more. tweaked it here and there. I actually fell in love with it a bit. Especially Sense. I really like it a whole lot more than TW.

Now I am not going to knock TW, I just liked Sense better.

When the opportunity came around to go HTC, MOTO, or another Sammy I went with the ReZound because of my TB experience.

Oh and the TB? The one thing I couldnt stand was the battery life sucked no matter what I did to it (not a knock, just a fact) but someone was willing to give me $175 for it in maybe 7/10 condition as long as I rooted and gave him an in house tutorial on flashing a bit...

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
That's because the Storm technically isn't/wasn't a smart phone and RIM tried their best to not innovate further than a crappy clicky touch screen. Sorry but BB is the one "phone" I completely endorse bashing. RIM has held the keys far too long and they returned the car with no gas and on fire with a gang of hungry zombies in the back.

This is the first that I have heard that the BB Storm wasn't technically a smartphone. Do you have a source for that?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2