Has Verizon lost their collective minds?

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Doesn't all carriers? Who knows how ling the next dinc has been in the pipeline. No way this is their flagship phone from htc.

Patience is a virtue.

Given the rate at which new smartphones are released at this point I'd say there really is no such thing as a flagship device.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

pappy53

Banned
Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
The Inc LTE doesn't even have the 720p screen that the Rezound has. I was extremely disappointed with the new Inc. Guess I will have to hold on to my Rezound until the One's reach Verizon...

The Inc LTE is not a top tier phone like the Rezound. It is a mid-range phone, and isn't meant to compete with the Rezound.

318sugarhill

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
The Inc LTE is not a top tier phone like the Rezound. It is a mid-range phone, and isn't meant to compete with the Rezound.

When you say "compete" you can talk about specs and everything else, but it all comes down to price point. If the Dinc 4g comes out at $299, then it absolutely is competing, and I'd still take the rezound at $199 over the Dinc 4g at $299. I took the Rezound at $50 so I'm laughing all the way to the bank at those who will take the new Dinc.

As for blown wide open, this is one sad panda who uses a Mac, so I can't blow it open.....even if I had the guts to stick a wire to it :(

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
The Inc LTE doesn't even have the 720p screen that the Rezound has. I was extremely disappointed with the new Inc. Guess I will have to hold on to my Rezound until the One's reach Verizon...

Does anyone make a 1280x720 screen at just 4 inches?

metz65

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
I think it would be interesting to know just how much money Verizon paid to license the term Droid. It does seem that the Droid branded phones get the big advertising push and the others get what's left over in the budget.

Even if it isn't TV advertising the Verizon stores around here always have Droid advertising on the windows and in store much bigger and more prominent than advertising for other phones.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

kstoutdog

Sep 8, 2010
Visit site
if you want social street cred for your phone... get an iphone...
who cares if people have never heard of the rezound...

Reactions: Ry

patstock11

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
I'm torn between the Rezound & inc lte. I currently have an inc2 and was hoping to ATLEAST step up to 4.3". But I like the new inc for the new camera as well as sense 4. I know there will be eventually sense 4 roms for the Rezound. Does the new inc use the same superior camera as the one series ? Contemplating leaving vzw altogether and getting a OneX. Decisionsssss

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site

I agree ... who cares if people have never heard of the Rezound. Everyone knew about the Droid X and it was nothing but a pain in the a$$ phone.

coolbreeze

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
So the Rezound is on par with the OneX (for the most part). As we all well know, the Rezound gets no love from Big Red, and most people were expecting more/better for the new Droid Incredible. Well if this is correct article is correct, the new Dinc will be on par with the One S which by my reckoning is vastly inferior to the Rezound.

I know sometimes business decisions don't make themselves apparent to the public but this just seems like yet another horrible mistake in the Android market by Motoro..I mean Verizon. Are they that determined to make/keep Moto at the top of the list, or do they just hate HTC? Maybe I'm just burned out from people going "What phone is that" and me responding "The HTC Rezound" only to hear, "Oh, never heard of that".. Ugh

Source: Cnet

I agree. I think part of the lack of name recognition is the name itself. Rezound is kind of a corny name.

I have no doubt that the Rezound is the best phone on Verizon. However it is getting over shadowed by the Droid Razr in advertising.

I'm glad the Incredible isn't better than the Rezound, that just means we have more time as HTCs top Verizon phone, unlike people who buy Motorola's and a better phone is out in a month.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
LOL ... Love this comment someone made at the end of the cnet story:

<<The fragmentation is causing smartphone manufacturers to lose money. Motorola is a prime example of being Verizon's *****.>>>

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
At the time I bought my Rezound, in January, the only love out there from Verizon was the Razr and the iPhone and even the Razr didn't get the same love as the iPhone.

Apparently it is required, but Verizon agreed to it, that iPhone accessories get a display area ALL TO THEMSELVES. No other accessories can be touching it. SICK!

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site

I'm the last one that needs any kind of recognition for my phone or anything else. It's more like this, unless the phone is a "hit" then it dies a quick and painful death. The manufacturer writes it off, the carrier writes it off, the developers write it off, and the users...well they get stuck with a $300 lump.

So while I for one don't give a crap about people recognizing my phone. I kind of do because that means it is doing well and that my life is going to be easier as one that develops, themes, and supports the phone that I use.

mtbhk44

Jan 7, 2010
Visit site
I've said it before and I'll say it again. The Rezound is the only phone I've opened from start to finish that "just works" like everyone says the iPhone does. I've set up my wife's iPhone and my daughter's iPod touch and now iPad. By the time I'm done setting up their devices I'm ready to commit suicide. IOS is ANYTHING but intuitive, at least for me. And it's extremely frustrating. The iPad still isn't fully set up.

This Rezound really does, "just work". I hacked the sh*t out of it after the fact, but out of the box, it just worked. I just like to make a mess and then clean it up :cool:.

Why this phone hasn't gotten more publicity or public adoration is strictly due to HTC's lack of marketing. Had they marketed THIS phone like Motorola and Verizon marketed the OG Droid, this phone would still be flying off the shelves....I truly believe that. Now, onto the Incredible 4G, this phone will be a non issue. It could possibly be the worst selling HTC phone Verizon has ever release. I guess time will tell

kirksucks

May 26, 2011
Visit site
It doesn't matter what they call it. Laypeople call everything that isn't an iphone a droid. and that's if they aren't calling it a iphone already.

I have a DInc2 and I am happy with it. 4g would be cool from time to time.

I'd like to have that official ICS update like they promised too. I
Shouldn't have to buy a new device just to get it.
Sent from my unrooted DInc2 via Tapatalk

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
At the time I bought my Rezound, in January, the only love out there from Verizon was the Razr and the iPhone and even the Razr didn't get the same love as the iPhone.

Apparently it is required, but Verizon agreed to it, that iPhone accessories get a display area ALL TO THEMSELVES. No other accessories can be touching it. SICK!

Same for any carrier that carries the iPhone.

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
The Droid Charge suffered the same lack of interest from VZW as well

This is so true, but I still hold to the thought that the Charge wasn't supposed to be a Droid. It only became one when the Bionic got put back on the drawing board and they had a gap to fill. The Bionic got no love because it was F'd from the start...

That said and getting back on topic, the INC4G....not that I would get it, but I think it is very underwhelming....a ton of people swear by the first one, and then to throw that moniker on these specs is going to be a bit misleading...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech